• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
What a colossal train wreck this whole announcement has been. Should've been saved for PAX like Hearthstone's announcement.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Either leave the comments as they are or completely disable them. Removing comments makes you look worse.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
The only thing worse than not announcing a new Diablo, was announcing a Diablo Mobile.

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just disliked it and I dont even like Diablo lol. At least dont tie it down to mobile devices and do what Bethesda did with ES mobile. Cmon Blizzard

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Holy crap, that like/dislike ratio. I know it doesn't mean anything but it's almost already the same as Command and Conquer: Rivals, heh.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
People have found out the game is also just a reskin of the devs previous game. Fucking trainwreck.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Blizzard fans continue to be the worst.

What?
They can't be passionate about their favorite game/franchise and show it? Sure, Diablo 4 is coming AT some point in the future, even Jason Schreier mentioned it on Twitter. Do you want people to just show they're okay with this coming out? (Not like they can prevent it obv). Some people make no sense man lol, first some gamers are like "Vote with your wallet!" then when people vote with their wallets, per say, because they might be showing their opinions a lot more strongly than some like, they're "the worst" .

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
Whoever thought it was a good idea to announce this game at Blizzcon should be fired.

At least Xbox had the common sense to announce that Gears of War Funko game alongside Tactics and Gears 5. This being the only Diablo announcement at Blizzcon is embarrassing. They deserve all the negativity they are getting.

Deleted member 1378

Oct 25, 2017
can't believe people are upset at a brand new Diablo game from the developers of "Fortcraft", "Survival Royale", and "Rules of Survival"

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
How? This looks like hot garbage and I absolutely love Diablo (I even loved vanilla Diablo 3 and defended it tooth and nails on gaf)

Weird take; it's the fans' faults Blizzard is removing comments critical of their work?

What?
They can't be passionate about their favorite game/franchise and show it? Sure, Diablo 4 is coming AT some point in the future, even Jason Schreier mentioned it on Twitter. Do you want people to just show they're okay with this coming out? (Not like they can prevent it obv). Some people make no sense man lol, first some gamers are like "Vote with your wallet!" then when people vote with their wallets, per say, because they might be showing their opinions a lot more strongly than some like, they're "the worst" .

It's not just this. They overreact about every damn thing and send death threats like they're going out of style. Diablo 4 is coming out. If this doesn't appeal to them, then just fucking ignore it.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, just added my dislike. All Blizzard had to do was have a dual announcement, ie, a mobile game and Diablo 4 or mobile game and Diablo 2 Remastered. They should have known a mobile only announcement would go poorly. They could have just said for the 2nd announcement it is a teaser and release in early 2020 or something and it still would have been fine. But dead silence on D4 or D2:R and what do you expect.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
have not been paying attention to this, but wow that dislike bar.

When will publishers learn that its fine to have a mobile/spin off game of a beloved franchise, but not when that franchise hasnt had a technically new game for like 7 years

Nov 1, 2017
58K people not liking this vid already, holy shit the fans are pissed. People were expecting Diablo 4 or secretly wanting to see something of it, a fucking mobile game was definitely not what they wanted.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
It's not just this. They overreact about every damn thing and send death threats like they're going out of style. Diablo 4 is coming out. If this doesn't appeal to them, then just fucking ignore it.

(1) They're leaving comments about disliking the direction of their favorite franchise.
(2) If you say "if it doesn't appeal to them, then just fucking ignore it", I hope you're not the same person who complains about other type of issues in video games such as season passes and such. Cause if you do so, then that just makes you look bad lol.

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Blizzard just seemed bound and determined to shoot themselves in the foot, again and again. This was such a stupid announcement. And people started raging online almost immediately.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo knew to announce MP4 alongside the 3DS game last year

TPC knew to announce Gen 8 for 2019 alongside Let's Go

MS knew to reveal more Gears alongside that weird Funko Pop thing

Bethesda knew to acknowledge TES6 alongside their mobile game

Every company has already seemingly learned this lesson and Blizzard still somehow failed at it today.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Blizzard fans continue to be the worst.

Naaah, we hated that D3 was too colorful so they put in a colorful teddy bear and unicorn level in response. We complain that Diablo 3 gets no updates compared to PoE, they continue to ignore it. We want D4 or a D2 remaster, something to show us they care about Diablo and they give us some janky looking even more colorful mobile game. It's warranted! This was supposed to be the Blizzcon that featured Diablo. They failed at life.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
I've been waiting 4 years since RoS and it wasn't for this.

I knew D4 wouldn't be at Blizzcon but at least D2 remaster or something, not this.. to put it bluntly, garbage.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The reaction to this is basically the same as to Metroid Federation Force. I mean, it's expected. You have a fanbase yearning for something new and you give them a mobile game. Even just ending on a teaser for Diablo 4 would've made the reaction much better, because then you don't have to fend off the people who wanted something with more substance.