1. Nirolak

Nirolak
    Member OP

Summary:
    • Blizzard currently have (at least) four games in the "Unannounced Projects" section of their job page, though today, what appears to be a fifth one has shown up.
    • The existing four games are two mobile titles (all explicitly marked for mobile), Diablo 4 (all marked as being Diablo), and a new competitive FPS with vehicles and creatures (all of which explicitly mention the game is first person). The two new job postings from today are both marked with an "- Unannounced Project" label, which is not true of any other postings, and do not match the telltale signs of any of the other projects.
    • The two jobs are "Lead/Senior Level Designer" and "Art Director". They describe an a new action game, which is not listed as being first person. Other descriptors include:
      • "The ideal candidate will have proven experience building immersive, explorable environments for modern AAA titles."
      • "Demonstrated mastery of level design processes including, but not limited to, level flow, engagement design, pacing, storytelling, etc."
      • "Passion for action games on console or PC." / "Real passion for action games."
      • "If you’re ready to add your passion to a close-knit, collaborative community of artists, engineers, and designers whose sole goal is to make a truly immersive game experience, please read on. "
    • Since this always comes up with new Blizzard games, especially among those who have not followed them historically, this is nigh assuredly an online game. Yes, I realize the job postings don't list this yet, but select people were 100% positive that Blizzard's new shooter was going to be a singleplayer Overwatch campaign, and then seemed very, very, very upset when it was listed as a competitive shooter in later job postings, so I'll just take this moment to remind everyone that Blizzard considers online very central to what they do. That said, I suspect this game would be co-op oriented given the descriptions thus far, but we don't have a ton to go on yet.
    • Given these jobs just went up and they're for extremely senior positions, don't expect the game for like 4-5+ years.
    Jobs:
    https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings/ofuj8fwU
    https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings/oOEb8fwv

Job text since we'll probably want to dig it up some day:

2. Raide

Raide

World of Diablo/Starcraft.

3. Zackat

Zackat

Day one tbh

4. PSqueak

PSqueak

Blackthorne reboot?

5. Xumbrega

Xumbrega

I'm in whatever the hell they are doing

6. Heckler456

Heckler456

Yeah so, this is definitely their take on Battle Royale, right? Or is there anything else they're working on that fits that bill? I feel like they've jumped on every craze for the past decade and a half, and refined it into something amazing, so a battle royale game's gotta be coming at some point.

7. SageShinigami

SageShinigami

"Immersive, explorable world" doesn't sound like a battle royale game tbh.

8. Nirolak

Nirolak
    Member OP

I suspect the FPS game is a StarCraft title given the description and who is working on it, and I also suspect it will have a Battle Royale mode.

Mind, I also suspect it probably has something like a Battlefield-esque mode, but that's my guess for what their stab at Battle Royale would be, especially given the huge army of engineers they seem to be hiring for it to rework the engine they're using (which I'm guessing is just Overwatch's engine given some other things in the postings).

This seems different, but with only two postings, it's hard to be 100% certain.

9. Mupod

Mupod

I'm surprised they haven't just put a battleground like that in WoW. Well, I guess technically they've had 'battle royale' since the stranglethorn vale arena chest...

10. The_Land

The_Land
    Banned Member

Yeah day one whatever it is. Blizzard is truly the "Rockstars" of the gaming world. They are on another level from anyone else.

11. lucebuce

lucebuce
    Community Resettler Member

It's time.

Tiberium shall rise once more!

12. Machachan

Machachan

Hope it's a real, story based Overwatch-world game. It's kind of a shame all of that worldbuilding is currently wasted on an OOC team shooter with zero connection to the supposed story. Like the cast, can't play the game, haha.

13. Akai

Akai

StarCraft: Ghost is finally happening? lol

14. XandBosch

XandBosch

This is a person who has their head in the right fucking place.

15. martino

martino

blizzard i need new coop / solo experiences from you.

if you could also bring offline gamepad diablo 3 version on pc.

16. joylevel11

joylevel11
    Banned Member

day 1...whatever it is. i don't think i actually dislike any blizzard game.

17. Mudcrab

Mudcrab

Starcraft Ghost lives!

18. Sgt. Demblant

Sgt. Demblant

Finally.
    A full open world remake of Justice League: Task Force.

19. hibikase

hibikase

Nah man it's totally gonna be Warcraft Adventures.

20. Ryo Hazuki

Ryo Hazuki

I'd be so down for that. Great game.

21. Lost Vikings gacha confirmed

22. Nirolak

Nirolak
    Member OP

They are making two mobile games, and I suspect we might see one at Blizzcon this year!

That said, I think they're Warcraft (the MMORTS) and Diablo (the RPG, though I'm less certain of this one).

23. MisterMangu

MisterMangu
    Banned Member

Interesting, too bad we won’t see what this is for quite some time.

24. 7Z7

7Z7

Would an Overwatch solo mode be possible regarding the FPS game?

25. BDS

BDS

Whatever happened to that game a year ago or so where they were specifically hiring people familiar with Overwatch's characters and lore? That was why people thought they were doing either a mobile card game or a singleplayer expansion.

26. Nirolak

Nirolak
    Member OP

I think that was just an internship for the Overwatch team itself that got in the wrong bucket. It moved out of the list pretty quickly, unless this is something different than what I'm thinking of.

27. Kirblar

Kirblar

Monster Hunter World of Warcraft?

28. Clydefrog

Clydefrog

World of Seacraft

29. Nirolak

Nirolak
    Member OP

I think you're at least thinking along the right scope, since I don't imagine them making some gigantic open world game.

It's too hard to say something as specific as that yet, but yes, I think that would be an example of something on the table.

30. Xeontech

Xeontech

PROJECT TITAN 2

[​IMG]

31. Amiablepercy

Amiablepercy

I'd like to see them give Starcraft Ghost another try especially with Nova having been much more fleshed out since it was first cancelled.

32. Kirblar

Kirblar

Given the success of Diablo III on consoles doing more 1-4 player coop stuff in different genres seems like a no-brainer.

33. Nirolak

Nirolak
    Member OP

Oh yeah, I mean, even just on PC it did like 14 million of the base game in 6 months or something.

I'm still surprised how few meaingful co-op games we have overall given how well all of them sell. Normally devs totally ignore it or just put in some kind of horde mode.

34. Ryan Reynolds

Ryan Reynolds

One of their new games is a StarCraft L4D clone. Count on it.

35. TatteredHat

TatteredHat

New franchise please.

36. Sargerus

Sargerus

Warcraft Adventures returns.

37. [​IMG]

Rise from the dead!!!!!

38. Lackless

Lackless

World of Warcraft 2: Reloaded

39. blitzblake

blitzblake

Playing battle for Azeroth after having quite a break has really highlighted how badly innovation is needed in the mmo space. They've done as well as they could bolting things into that 14 year old game, but a fresh start would be welcomed!

40. Orochinagis

Orochinagis
    Banned Member

I hope so I still have my gamecube ready

41. JahIthBer

JahIthBer

It's likely gonna be Diablo or a new IP, because they want people to keep subbing to WoW & a single player Warcraft game would take away from that.
    I doubt it's Starcraft Ghost, it's a bit too late for that & Console gamers have no idea about the SC world while Diablo 3 was a huge hit on Consoles.

42. TheRaidenPT

TheRaidenPT

Hopefully something in the Starcraft franchise.....

43. QueenOfHunting

QueenOfHunting
    Gifting Queen Member

Rumors ive been hearing are diablo 2 remake cater to standard arpg fans

Then diablo 4 is gonna be more skyrim witcher style rpg but could be bullshit

44. Viceratops

Viceratops

Well, it’s hard for me to turn down a third person action game with an explorable world. These are what’s hot on the market right now. With Blizzard’s level of craftsmanship, it should be great. I’ll keep an eye out on the next half decade.

45. Tregard

Tregard

Starcraft: Ghost as a next gen launch title please, Blizz

46. Dandy

Dandy

I'd love for them to make another MMO. I doubt it will ever happen(WoW will be around forever), but it's what I want.

47. Silex

Silex

That would legitimately kick ass.

48. SageShinigami

SageShinigami

D4 going Witcher-style seems like it'd piss a ton of people off, no?

49. TheMadTitan

TheMadTitan

They just needed Metal Gear and Splinter Cell to go away before becoming the stealth action king!

50. Dalik

Dalik

starcraft ghost flashbacks