• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
After what happenned to titan, I won't be excited for anything Blizzard is working on until it's officially announced with a release date.

Hero of Winds

Oct 28, 2017
Hope it's a real, story based Overwatch-world game. It's kind of a shame all of that worldbuilding is currently wasted on an OOC team shooter with zero connection to the supposed story. Like the cast, can't play the game, haha.
Hoping for this as well. I love the characters and world but got burned out on the game. A single player or co-op focused game in the Overwatch universe would be my jam

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kinda crazy how 5+ years is considered "senior level". Kinda shows how much turnover there is in the games industry when your old guard would be considered intermediates at more traditional places.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Kinda crazy how 5+ years is considered "senior level". Kinda shows how much turnover there is in the games industry when your old guard would be considered intermediates at more traditional places.
Yeah, 5-7 years would still be intermediate at my place. Senior usually means 10+. There are exceptions but they are rare.

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't that long ago that the average retirement age from the games industry was 32, and 50% of all employees left the industry within their first 5 years.

Not sure if it's went up since then, since some places do take things like lowering crunch and paying actual salaries more seriously these days.