• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to Ellen Pudge for noticing this.

From the shop: https://gear.blizzard.com/us/blizzcon?t=166530

sUOwMQm.png

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Guess they didn't fire the person who put up the Battle for Azeroth merch early last year.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Is "reign of terror" what this event at Blizzcon is called or is this a game title

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Why doesn't it say Diablo IV though?

They said they're working on multiple projects, Reign of Terror might not be D4. It could be something else. I've been predicting a Diablo mobile announcement for a while

Rhiwion

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Whatever kind of game (if a game at all) this ends up being, please for the love of Deckard Cain give me controller support out of the box. Clicking my brains away using KB/M is fine but I'm still surprised how fucking fun the controls on consoles for D3 were and I'd not wanna miss that going forward.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Now now guys, let's not get our hopes up! This is obviously just a cash-in mobile HD remake of diablo 2 that's really the pilot for the Netflix series that's been consolized that will be canceled 2 days after it's announcement.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I would hope that D4 is a full lore reset for Diablo but the writing at blizzard has only gotten worse since D3 (yes, that is possible)

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
This sounds like the title to a mobile game. Lord have mercy on their souls if they get up on the stage and only have a mobile game to announce to that crowd.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds like the title to a mobile game. Lord have mercy on their souls if they get up on the stage and only have a mobile game to announce to that crowd.
Anything but a new mainline game would be disappointing at this point.
I just do not understand how these posts keep happening. Blizzard doesn't do Blizzcons unless they have something to show, it's why they canceled the one a couple years back. We know Diablo is going to be the center of attention because of these merch leaks, that the Diablo panel is immediately after opening ceremony, etc etc.

This will be a new main line title at the very least.

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Mobile Game xD

No for real, I'm expecting a diablo cross media project (PC/Console game, mobile game and the series)
Judging by their job postings, they are making a mobile game that's a mix of a co-op RPG and a board game, so if we imagine something like Gloomhaven-esque Diablo game, that would fit very well.

That said, that one also felt a lot less far along than their other mobile game (the MMORTS), but who knows.

Acquila

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, I must be imagining things. I could have sworn "Reign of Terror" was the subtitle for the original Diablo 2 but apparently I was imagining it.

Oct 27, 2017
Best case scenario, it's one of three things:

Diablo remake.
Diablo II: LoD remake.
Diablo IV.

I'm fine with any of those options. I'd kill for a D2 remake.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please be Diablo IV. They may look dated but the Blizzard classics still have quite a community and play nicely on today's PCs (tweak them a little and they'll run at the resolution you need 'em in, too), so I don't see a huge appeal in remaking Diablo 1 or 2. However I'd immediately jump on a Diablo IV, regardless of which chapter it tries to imitate the most.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
please be a Diablo 3 sequel and not a remake
I think it'll be both. They'll announce a new Diablo is in the making, but they'll also release a remake of D2 inbetween because they've been remaking their old games and it makes a lot of sense to remake D2 to prepare for the release of a new Diablo. Acts as promotional material and should be relatively low effort depending on what they do(widescreen support which can already be modded, some QoL changes like gold pickup on walking which is already modded etc).

I'd be surprised if there's no D2 remake tbh, but I'd also be surprised if they don't mention working on a new Diablo, it's just free money if they make a new one even with the issues D3 had, it sold a stupid amount of boxes, and they probably have good data on what would work in a new game based on what they changed in D3 and the spikes in popularity over time, as well as PoE popularity. And unlike D3, they'll probably monetize cosmetics since they've been doing that in their recent games and it works fine and for the most part people are "ok" with paying money if it's not game advantages/a RMAH.

DeepChord

Jan 21, 2018
I really want to see them remaking/remastering D2. Gonna be really interesting to see how they'll include higher resolution options.

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth
I'd be interested in this if it more closely resembles D1 and D2. Please let it be so Blizzard.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not expecting an actual sequel just yet.

Well...

Maybe a combination announcement with a sequel and the spinoff title/maybe remake of D1 or D2 set to release first.