• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
They didn't make things right at all. They're still punishing everyone involved and putting them all out of a job for 6 months. This is honestly a pretty terrible statement that ignores the fact that they didn't treat that college team the same way and that Blizzard China directly spoke out about how they're protecting the integrity of China.
Yeah you're right. Its not good enough.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
"The specific views expressed by blitzchung were NOT a factor in the decision we made. I want to be clear: our relationships in China had no influence on our decision."
Uh huh

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
001.jpg

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They are never going to admit it's because of China, but they could've at least not lied so blatantly about it.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A laughably poor response.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Keep on digging that hole Blizzard. Everyone who isn't legally stupid knows this happened because of Chinese censorship, fuck off with this shit.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What a shitty statement. They can go fuck themselves. I don't really play many games from them, but I am done considering any game from them in the future.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
The specific views expressed by blitzchung were NOT a factor in the decision we made. I want to be clear: our relationships in China had no influence on our decision.

This is bullshit. Very poor and meek response more explaining why he was banned. Gtfo.

pompo

Oct 25, 2017
Like.... Why would they even bother saying this? It changes absolutely nothing.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
They didn't make things right at all. They're still punishing everyone involved and putting them all out of a job for 6 months. This is honestly a pretty terrible statement that ignores the fact that they didn't treat that college team the same way and that Blizzard China directly spoke out about how they're protecting the integrity of China.
And there in lies two of the major problems with this statement. Blizzard China specifically defended "the integrity of China", & it doesn't address the hypocrisy of how they handled the other streamers who protested.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It should have been a warning and a fine from the beginning ... MAYBE a 1 month punishment for the player. Someone could scream the N word on an OWL stream and not get 6 months.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Exactly, it's such an awful response.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Trash response, they have to completely remove the suspensions, they did nothing wrong.

Battle net will stay uninstalled from my pc.

Fuck off Blizzard.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
"We did nothing wrong! All hail the Xi Overmind!" -- J. Allen Brack

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Mealy-mouthed bullshit imo. They realized that perhaps a widespread boycott would be more costly than the price of mainland Chinese business right now. No principled stance. Blizzard has shown their true colors, and they mainly bleed red and yellow.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Lol that is a terrible statement. It's already a lie since they took no action against the American University team.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
"The specific views expressed by blitzchung were NOT a factor in the decision we made. I want to be clear: our relationships in China had no influence on our decision."

I find this spectacularly hard to believe considering theyre still giving him a 6 month suspension

SerAardvark

Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine taking this much time to craft a response and ending up with that. Come on, now, what a terrible statement.

Zushin

Oct 25, 2017
Australia

Bull. Shit.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Lol that weak as fuck excuse, backpedal and bullshit continues to make it easy to not buy their games.

May 18, 2018
I like "as we continue to learn" at the end. I've seen enough apologies to know that means, "we didn't think you would be mad."

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
" Moving forward, we will continue to apply tournament rules to ensure our official broadcasts remain focused on the game and are not a platform for divisive social or political views. "

Oh fuck you! Being against human rights abuses is a divisive political view now.

QuinchoOsito

Oct 10, 2018
Blitz got his money. That's one good step. 6 months? That's like 3 steps back. They should of done like a month ban or just none at all. Ooooof. Blizzard. You fuckers are on the brink of death here. Break away from Activision already and get back to your roots.
Yeah I'm glad he's getting his money at least... besides that this is just a laughably weak "compromise", why even release this statement when it essentially changes nothing

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Were the specific views expressed by Blizzard's official channels in China not the reason they did it?

Biggest load of bullshit. Making it incredibly easy to never buy or support one of their products ever again.