• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessmo24

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
If D3 sells well on Switch, my guess is Overwatch will run just fine on it too. ;) In any case, looking forward to D3 (please come out before my GCU expires...)

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
KHS.gif

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Not for me, hyped fornD3 though, but cool if they end up porting it.

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
This is the kind of tone we were hearing from Bethesda before they went all in on Switch. I think good things are ahead.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Bumping it down to 30 fps will probably go a long way for it to work.
But 30fps isn't exactly ideal, especially for Overwatch.

If you read the rest of the interview, he said that this all comes down to if Team 4 wants to do a Switch port, so they likely aren't already working on a Switch version of the game.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
They would have to make a cel shaded version with maybe even dialed back physics to pull off 60fps at a reasonable res I think. But what do I know. Switch CPU isn't bad comparing to PS4/XB1 CPU.

Edit: actually are the physics server side in OW?

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ERA/GAF bubble talk, nothing more. I promise Switch owners do not care and neither do most console players. Judge them if you will, but I'd rather get 30 fps ow on my switch then no ow on my switch.
Console players do care, even the casual ones who don't even know what framerates are will be able to immediately recognize the jarring difference in animations that run in 30fps and 60fps if they were given the option to switch back and forth between the two.
Ask any of Siege's casual players on consoles whether they'd prefer to play multiplayer (60fps) at the same framerates the game runs on Terrorist Hunt (30fps) and they'll tell you that they'd rather play it at the multiplayer's framerates any day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.