• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I would actually be down for this. The game runs great on my PC and all, but being able to play on a console would be pretty fucking cool and actually get me back into the game.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Blizzard doesn't need to do this for subs. They have the ultimate tool to their advantage if they ever wanted a significant boost in playerbase: remove the subscription and go with a cash shop. They'll potentially see the MAU sky rocket to Lich King days.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Y'all, the HTML in the first post literally makes no sense. It's an obvious fake.

First of all, it's using fbcdn.net. That domain belongs to Facebook (Facebook Content Delivery Network). Facebook uses it. Xbox doesn't use it, they use their own (assets-www.xbox.com). You can easily see this by viewing source on any Xbox web page.

Second, the tag in question is used for preloading images (basically, a way to speed up page loading, by downloading images in advance of them actually needing to be displayed). But the way it's structured is incomprehensible. The href should link to an image to download, but here it links to another web page. This wouldn't do anything useful at all, it's totally broken.

Finally, as if that wasn't enough, the data-preloader attribute in this tag doesn't match the naming convention in any of the other tags that surround it in this context. These are generated by whatever JavaScript framework they (i.e., Facebook, not Xbox, as this is most likely taken from a Facebook page) are using. It should start with a a prefix, followed by an underscore, a bunch of CamelCase words, etc. None of the other ones have a colon.

TLDR: This is a silly low-effort fake made by copying some HTML from a random Facebook web page (not even an Xbox web page!) and changing stuff randomly in a text editor. It's so bad that it makes me think the person who made it wanted people to know it was fake, or was just playing a prank on some friends to see how gullible they are.

You can close this thread now.
For the new page, since we seem to have decided to continue this farce :D

Jun 24, 2021
I'm surprised it took this long for a console version of WoW after years of FFXI and especially XIV showing how much MMORPGs can and do work on consoles. It's not like WoW is a technical powerhouse either so this could e happened as early as the PS3 days.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Wow that would be insane. Not sure I believe it...

Not having mods though? That would be weird.

eathdemon

Oct 27, 2017
For the new page, since we seem to have decided to continue this farce :D
even if its likely not truee, its belivable and a good enough thought experment to be worth talking about.
I'm surprised it took this long for a console version of WoW after years of FFXI and especially XIV showing how much MMORPGs can and do work on consoles. It's not like WoW is a technical powerhouse either so this could e happened as early as the PS3 days.
the issue is the way wow plays isnt great at the high end on a controler, ff14 makes disgin choices to better fit players.

Sep 16, 2021
Mega bomb if true! I would be there day 1. This game on consoles is one that makes the most sense (with console optimised UI) and somehow never happened.

Jun 24, 2021
the issue is the way wow plays isnt great at the high end on a controler, ff14 makes disgin choices to better fit players.
I'm sure it's nothing a UI overhaul couldn't fix with a patch. It wouldn't be easy but I'm certain it has to be doable. I play FFXIV exclusively on a controller and I'm amazed how good it plays. The keyboard is used only for chatting.

eathdemon

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure it's nothing a UI overhaul couldn't fix with a patch. It wouldn't be easy but I'm certain it has to be doable. I play FFXIV exclusively on a controller and I'm amazed how good it plays.
I want talking about the ui, you could take ff14s cross bar and put it straight in to wow, and would work well, but wouldnt solve both class disgin and ecounter disgin couses issues for controler players.

Jun 24, 2021
I want talking about the ui, you could take ff14s cross bar and put it straight in to wow, and would work well, but wouldnt solve both class disgin and ecounter disgin couses issues for controler players.
I've never played WoW so I'll take your word for it. Anything is possible though and I'm sure with enough world they could make it work but it's a matter of whether they think it's worth it or not. Meanwhile FFXIV will continue being the undisputed king of console MMORPGs.

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
This is like 10 years too late. I barely even have time to finish single players games that are a couple dozens hours long, and this game still has a $15 a month sub? GTFO.....

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
As the original Reddit thread has been locked due to uncertainty, this thread has been locked as well. Feel free to make a new thread if further developments arise.

Status
Not open for further replies.