• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
if so, teasing a 5 year old game is weird.

like dang, if a game that old is getting ported, just announce it on twitter with PR a couple of months before release.

Looking at Skyrim's Switch marketing, hmmm.

Looking at the hypothetical GTA's Switch marketing, hmmm.

The age of the game doesn't tell the full story. Even Nintendo's ports are receiving a strong marketing push (MK8D and probably Smash too).

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Diablo III's PC version is also pretty scalable and even it's highest system reqs aren't particularly high, which asks for a Core i3 and Radeon HD 5670, with 4GB of Ram.

Doesn't Digital Foundry even say the PS4 and XBO versions pretty much are a match with the PC Version on their highest settings at 1080p?

So doesn't seem like a stretch for the Switch version to at least hit medium to high at 720p.

ronpontelle

Oct 27, 2017
I've thought about getting this on PS4 so many times but just never got around to it.

Seeing as I can barely be arsed to play anything that's not on Switch anymore (and I don't subscribe to plus), I'd be up for this!

Riesenfass

Oct 29, 2017
*sigh* Guess I'm buying this yet again. Still, would love to play on my lunch break, I can see putting in a couple hundred hours again.

TheZodiacAge

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
A-RPG Streamer DatModz unintentionally confirmed it kinda a couple days ago when he talked too much on stream while he joked around.
He said after it "oops i hope no one from blizz is watching this"

He is a guy who got invited by Blizz a lot of the time in the past when Blizz was still working on the Diablo Franchise in terms of Content unlike now.

The game is dead and a Switch Version should be the last concern they have.
All their Patchnotes for 2 years now are basically "We changed the damage from the skill you will never use from 275% Weapon Damage to 300% - BE EXCITED"

New season started last week on Friday - Every decent player has and had BiS(best in slot gear) by Saturday and was near 1000 Paragon Level by Sunday.
Now you farm in 4 man META Class Groups Paragonlevels in high tier greater rifts just so you can later push in the solo Leaderboards.
This is how D3 works these days - Amazing effort from Blizzard xD

There is no content while Path of Exile gets big content updates every 3-5 months these days.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
DOOM unleashed Hell on Switch. It was only a matter of time before the Devil made an appearance.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm weren't there rumors of Diablo 4 being announced or released this year? It would be a bit annoying if that came out and skipped the Switch while it only got 3.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Hmm weren't there rumors of Diablo 4 being announced or released this year? It would be a bit annoying if that came out and skipped the Switch while it only got 3.
From what we currently know of the next Diablo project it's been rebooted a few times and probably isn't close to release (but a reveal at Blizzcon might be possible).

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Hope they find a way to eliminate hacking, as that basically ruined the other console releases.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
A-RPG Streamer DatModz unintentionally confirmed it kinda a couple days ago when he talked too much on stream while he joked around.
He said after it "oops i hope no one from blizz is watching this"

He is a guy who got invited by Blizz a lot of the time in the past when Blizz was still working on the Diablo Franchise in terms of Content unlike now.

The game is dead and a Switch Version should be the last concern they have.
All their Patchnotes for 2 years now are basically "We changed the damage from the skill you will never use from 275% Weapon Damage to 300% - BE EXCITED"

New season started last week on Friday - Every decent player has and had BiS(best in slot gear) by Saturday and was near 1000 Paragon Level by Sunday.
Now you farm in 4 man META Class Groups Paragonlevels in high tier greater rifts just so you can later push in the solo Leaderboards.
This is how D3 works these days - Amazing effort from Blizzard xD

There is no content while Path of Exile gets big content updates every 3-5 months these days.

Could you provide a link to when it actually happened? Curious to hear this by myself.

goldenpp73

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I'd definitely be interested if it was more or less on par with the console versions of old, never got a chance to try em out.

MisterMangu

Banned
Feb 12, 2018
Meh. D3 is basically dead these days. I don't think a switch port would do anything to reinvigorate interest.

But I'd still buy it >_>

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Would be funny if it really just about the night-light.:P

I never really did get around to this game, but maybe this can push it.

OP
OP
Mega Man Zero

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
Meh. D3 is basically dead these days. I don't think a switch port would do anything to reinvigorate interest.

But I'd still buy it >_>

What the people who make it the only game they play do really doesn't matter here. Most people play through the story and then quit, and many more people will buy it on NS to do just that.

Bahamut

Nov 5, 2017
I have held off on this for a looong time. I would be in if it were released for Switch.

wesman

Oct 30, 2017
Pittsburgh
This combined with the Innkeeper Tweet from the Switch reveal....it's just, gotta be!

If so, sign me up, and everyone I know that owns a Switch for a copy. Hot. DAMN....ation, that is!

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I kinda hope it is 2 or 1 with 3 ps4 controls or even a 4 (can even be more colorfull ... don't care) not a big fan of the changes they made on 3

But I will probably ended up buying anyway xD

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Oh I hope it comes to Switch! I do wonder if blizzard would be happy if it sold 500k worldwide for such an old port. But then again having it on a portable could invigorate the franchise a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.