• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017

MOD EDIT:

DXSpxtiX4AAqZrw.jpg

https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/2/17070788/diablo-3-nintendo-switch-hint-twitter-blizzard

Last edited by a moderator:

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I saw that earlier, and I'd be there day 1 for it, just like I will be for Titan Quest and PoE 2.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
You beat me OP

This is coming almost a few days after the Neoseeker rumor regarding a Switch port.

Blizzard usually likes releasing content in all their games but Diablo has been pretty barren just because of how it functions (they can't add co-op commanders, heroes, or decks like their other games). I'm uncertain as to how far the Diablo 3 team is with any content in the pipeline, but perhaps this would be a release to keep the IP fresh while expanding it to a console whose players may not have been exposed to Diablo before if they've exclusively played Nintendo consoles.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I'd probably buy it. Haven't played the pc version in over a year but it'd be fun to return to.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I think this just showing off a cool Diablo style night light.

Even if this was a hint of a Switch version of the game it probably will be similar to the 360 and PS3 versions of Diablo III: Reaper of Souls, with the Switch having 8x the memory it might allow for more monsters on screen compared to the 360/PS3 versions.

Portable Diablo III would be awesome.

Sign me up!

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
What does a night light and sweet dreams have to do with Switch though? Honestly hoping it's D3's deathbed confirmation and D4 is coming.

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
Ya'll better be blowing their Twitter up so they know you want this.

Escalario

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ehhhhhhh. I would rather prefer Switch got Girm Dawn and Path of Exile. Diablo 3 is stupidly boring and simplistic after playing those.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
With the pick up and play nature of the Diablo games considering you can stop and resume anytime you want, wouldn't this sort of game be ideal for the Switch?

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
if so, teasing a 5 year old game is weird.

like dang, if a game that old is getting ported, just announce it on twitter with PR a couple of months before release.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
The camera positioning changes when switching the light. Maybe its implying docked undocked modes. Seems like a vague hint but yeah Im feeling it.

Oct 25, 2017
Diablo 3 was my first Diablo, got it at launch on PC but that was the first time I discovered Arma 2's little undead olympics mod as well so it's hardly been played. Vanilla version to boot.

That was also a very tumultuous first year as well, I'd have to probably go look for console-version-specific guides on how to re-learn the game, right?

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if so, teasing a 5 year old game is weird.

like dang, if a game that old is getting ported, just announce it on twitter with PR a couple of months before release.

There hasn't been a Blizzard title on a Nintendo platform in like 18 years. I feel a tease is justified in this case, even for a port.

Status
Not open for further replies.