• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yoshichan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
X7qVjVK.jpg

Blizzcon 2018 overview:
BlizzCon is an epic celebration of Blizzard Entertainment's games, esports, and the communities that bring them to life. This year is our 12th BlizzCon, and we'd love for you to join us!

The BlizzCon 2018 action kicks off with epic esports competition during BlizzCon Opening Week, taking place October 25 through 29 at Blizzard Arena Los Angeles in Burbank, California.

The main event takes place Friday, November 2 and Saturday, November 3 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California.

Please don't vanquish me for making such a failure of a thread. I know making the Blizzcon thread is seen as tradition by now, but for next year I'm going to have to hand over the torch :( The dedication is there, but I simply can't find the time to be making a great thread every year for Blizzcon. I'm sorry, everyone.

vXjuYVR.png

SCHEDULE FOR FRIDAY, CLICK HERE!
SCHEDULE FOR SATURDAY, CLICK HERE!

WHAT TO EXPECT
Diablo franchise: Diablo Remaster/HD
Hearthstone: Expansion
World of Warcraft: Classic info
Overwatch: new character
Heroes of the Storm: new heroes
Starcraft: e-sports

Never Miss a Moment

You don't need to wait until November to join the BlizzCon® celebration—the party starts today with the BlizzCon 2018 Virtual Ticket! Gear up for the main event with multiple series of original BlizzCon video content. Unlock an epic array of commemorative items in your favorite Blizzard games. And don't miss a minute of the main event streamed LIVE on November 2 and 3.

For the first time ever, this year's Virtual Ticket holders will join show attendees as the first people to play the World of Warcraft Classic BlizzCon Demo at home. Normally only available on the show floor, the Virtual Ticket brings this content straight to your home for a limited time!

THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS, BY BUYING THE VIRTUAL TICKET (see below), YOU'LL EXPERIENCE WORLD OF WARCRAFT CLASSIC DEMO [for a limited time]!

This virtual ticket has INSANE value. Is there more?! HELL YES THERE IS, LOOK AT ALL THESE AMAZING REWARDS BELOW.

For WoW:
Declare Your Allegiance With BlizzCon In-Game Loot
In addition to access to the BlizzCon WoW Classic Demo, starting today BlizzCon attendees and Virtual Ticket holders will receive commemorative in-game items that will help them proudly display their Horde or Alliance pride as the Battle for Azeroth rages on:

• War Mantle of the Alliance & War Mantle of the Horde: Show all of Azeroth where your allegiance lies with a pair of faction-themed cosmetic cloaks—one for Horde characters, and one for Alliance.
  • Stormwind Champion's War Banner & Orgrimmar Hero's War Banner: Strike fear into your enemies and stand your ground when you plant your faction's banner on the battlefield.
For the rest:

34G2PUERSO421540424647582.jpg

Hearthstone card back, Starcraft II skins, mounts for Heroes of the Storm, transmogs and all kinds of shit!

Sign me up! Where do I pay Blizzard?!

Last edited by a moderator:

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Looking forward to this. Should be loads of fun! :) Starts immediately after work, perfect timing.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I am excited to see what's next for OW.
Hopefuly new hero is The Queen of Junkertown.

KLoWn

Oct 27, 2017
I except at least one remaster, either WC3 or D2.

Also, a Total War: Warcraft game. I feel it.

ChaosSmurf

GLHF
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Horsham, United Kingdom
Diablo franchise: Diablo Remaster/HD
Hearthstone: Expansion
World of Warcraft: Classic info
Overwatch: new character
Starcraft: e-sports

Diablo: New game as well, just not D4
Hearthstone: Some QOL features for hardcore/tournament players
WoW: 8.2, tease 8.3, new cinematic
Overwatch: Something else as well, possibly very major
StarCraft: nobody cares :(
Heroes of the Storm: something that makes you remember it exists (first original character probably)

Note also there's a gap in the schedule at the end of Friday to be filled with something, possibly a general Blizzard announcement thing from what I've heard, but nobody really knows.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Here's to a new Diablo and OW character, who I'll probably use for a day and never touch the game again.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
the WoW in-game loot this year sucks ass

I'm not buying the Virtual Ticket just because of that

Oct 26, 2017
The Virtual ticket this year isn't insane value at all, it's probably the worst value it has ever been because of the price increase.

I wouldn't expect anything substantial on the Diablo front either out of fear of walking away disappointed.

the WoW in-game loot this year sucks ass

I'm not buying the Virtual Ticket just because of that

Yeah and Overwatch got better Diablo in-game loot than Diablo did.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I expect nothing from Hearthstone other than the new expansion, but I'll be thrilled, THRILLED, if they somehow announce a new mode or something..

goodness, this game needs new game modes.

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
To all those expecting a Diablo game announcement.... it's just going to be the announcement of the long rumoured Netflix series, so keep your hype in check!

Deleted member 4262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The in-game WoW rewards are terrible this year so I'm not too fuzzed about being broke. Missing out on the Classic beta sucks though.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I'm expecting very little on every front. More of the same for Overwatch, something that's not a new Diablo game announcement, and then a lot of stuff that I'm not invested in anyway.

I hope to be wrong, but I know better.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
I expect them to talk about how great of a success OWL is for an hour.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
To all those expecting a Diablo game announcement.... it's just going to be the announcement of the long rumoured Netflix series, so keep your hype in check!

They're not dedicating the first main-stage panel after the opening ceremony to talk about a Netflix series which is still being written. There's something game-related being announced and shown, it's just not D4.

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Welp, lets see what Diablo brings. Opening and closing main stage with a Q&A has to be something decent and not a remaster I hope.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to tomorrow, though this is the first year Corthier and I aren't getting a virtual ticket, so we're just gonna catch the cliffnotes of everything as they happen.

Gray clouds

Nov 7, 2017
I wish it were time for new games.
It's hard to be excited when all we're likely going to get is new characters/maps for each game.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
WoW battle royale would be dope
Diablo battle royale would be dope too
Overwatch battle royale would also be dope

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
About to get on a flight to head to Cali. First time Blizzcon and I've never been more excited. Can't wait to see what new things they have planned.

Soulstoner

Oct 27, 2017
$64CAD for the virtual ticket is steep for what's included. Usually I'm all in, but I may skip this year.

Syf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Will be writing an exam during the opening ceremony unfortunately but let's fucking go (even though there isn't much to show this year)

Oct 26, 2017
They're not dedicating the first main-stage panel after the opening ceremony to talk about a Netflix series which is still being written. There's something game-related being announced and shown, it's just not D4.

I hope it's Diablo 3 on switch, I've hardly seen any marketing for that potential port yet.
/s

WoW battle royale would be dope
Diablo battle royale would be dope too
Overwatch battle royale would also be dope

Please satan, not today.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Soulstone, the Diablo card game, you heard it here first folks.

Seriously, it better be D2 remaster or im breaking something!

Thornquist

Jan 22, 2018
Norway
Bring that Classic!

The way MMO's have regressed since 2005 is depressing, atleast that Vanilla flavor will hold me over until someone gets it right again.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
Virtual Ticket is awful value

The demo content is trash too, I ain't paying for four levels, no pvp and one zone. Fuck outta here.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
I will laugh if they don't even announce a D2 remaster and it's just some mobile game and the Netflix series or something.

Syf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I will laugh if they don't even announce a D2 remaster and it's just some mobile game and the Netflix series or something.
I think that's the way it's going. Some people might remember shortly before SCR was announced, SC1 went "sold out" on the battle.net shop. No indication of that for D2 and the ceremony is tomorrow.

Diablo fans should prepare to be let down, again, even though some new stuff will be shown. It's likely not the stuff we want.

Of course I'd be happy to be wrong.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Same. Diablo 2 remaster instead Diablo 4 is such a downer

Even expecting a D2 remaster may be inviting disappointment, imo. The scheduling does seem to indicate a Diablo game announcement of some kind but I really don't know what I expect it to be. More D3 Dlc would be quite a bummer for me.

On the WoW front I am looking forward to seeing if the patch plans actually get me excited. I am currently unsubbed due to being just really unsatisfied overall with BfA. I'd love to want to play WoW.