• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

StoryofSouls

Oct 27, 2017
east coast, usa
glad i get diablo mobile. i'm sure blizzard is hard at work on d4 and look forward to more info next year hopefully.

i'm sure they thought their fans would be happy to have a new mobile offering from them. regardless of the developer and their history, i'm sure blizzard will guide them in making a game worth of their legacy.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
glad i get diablo mobile. i'm sure blizzard is hard at work on d4 and look forward to more info next year hopefully.

i'm sure they thought their fans would be happy to have a new mobile offering from them. regardless of the developer and their history, i'm sure blizzard will guide them in making a game worth of their legacy.

lol Diablo 3 wasn't even worthy of the legacy of Diablo 2

Sir Tsunami

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, we all knew this was coming. I'm not shocked. I'm not even disappointed. It is ok though. Not every game has to be made for me

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
The Diablo announcement has been washed away for me by great panels from Overwatch, WoW and Hearthstone. It was a miss for the opening ceremony but the rest has been great.

Wheatly

Nov 18, 2017
Just got got home to see the announcements.

Warcraft 3 remaster is exciting.. probably the most exciting announcement in the past few years for Blizzard (overall very much disappointed in this company)

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Hey guys, remember this video!?!

LUL

Technically every single thing she said is still true in that video. "We may have something to show you" and "we are currently working on multiple Diablo projects". I mean. Not to excuse whatever the fuck happened today but no doubt D4 is in production. It's just not coming anytime soon.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Just got a chance to catch up with the announcement reaction.

WOW. That was fucking brutal. I felt for dude on stage. Man. I mean at some point boos are better than just outright silence and waiting for people to react.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
it's more of the same

sure nazjatar sounds great but I'm not really in the mood for more 8.0 in a different setting

Yeah, that's kind of where I'm at. All the cool new content/zones in the world don't really matter if I'm not actually having fun with the core game end-game progression/loot mechanics.

Oct 25, 2017
Is something up with the virtual ticket?
Just got home and almost nothing of what's finished can be streamed

Edit: CS response

That's weak, I remember most of the videos being available by now the past two years i've bought the ticket

Last edited:

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if the Blink store is restocking anything for the 2nd day?

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
When I heard there was going to be a War 3 remaster I was hyped. After seeing it though, I don't know. Seems like they did a lot of work, but it still doesn't look great. Plus $40 CDN is steep for this. Starcraft remaster seemed alright at the time. This doesn't really.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
When I heard there was going to be a War 3 remaster I was hyped. After seeing it though, I don't know. Seems like they did a lot of work, but it still doesn't look great. Plus $40 CDN is steep for this. Starcraft remaster seemed alright at the time. This doesn't really.

I feel like Dota 2 has better graphics and that came out over 5 years ago. I'm not sure what is going on over at Blizzard. They used to be top tier.

Syf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I think people need to calm the fuck down about Immortal, it looks fun for a mobile game just not what anyone actually wanted (but we know D4 is coming)

And WoW panel is A++

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I had to leave for work after Ashe got revealed so I didn't catch up on the rest of the opening ceremony until now, but HOLY SHIT at Blizzard sending that guy out to die announcing Diablo Immortal like that.

Oct 25, 2017
I continue to find it hilarious how bad publishers are at working with the audiences they put together. Like it's not hard to know who you have paying attention at a blizzcon like event.

When making a spin off of any kind, you really need to announce something to the core audience, especially when at an event like this. Bethesda nailed it when they announced elder scrolls blades by announcing (out of character early for them) that elder scrolls 6 was in development. It may fuck up your timing, but it helps in not sending your spin off out to die, as seen so many times before like with metroid federation force and Valkyria Azure revolution.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
Here's my 2 cents:

I'm here at BlizzCon and I was in the room at the mythic stage during the opening ceremony. IMO the big problem is that they ended with Diablo immortal. I actually think the game looks decent and don't have any issue with it existing. But its placement in the show was super odd. If they had just placed it somewhere in the middle, it would have been more appropriate for the weight it carries. IMO they should have ended with WarCraft 3 Reforged or Ashe in Overwatch. None of it is ideal BIG stuff for ending the opening ceremony with, but it would have been a better fit for that slot in the show IMO.

Next thing, i played the demo twice. First time I played solo as a wizard, second time as a barb and with 3 of my friends. I actually like the game. It plays well, and in some ways it actually looks prettier than D3. (Which I noticed because I've been playing D3 on my Switch.) what we got to play was pretty short and simple, but I can see the potential.

The fact that they didn't even say 2019 for it is worrying though. If the game doesn't come out next year, phones are going to outpace them and the game will be built for 2+ year old tech by the time it comes out.

The whole thing is a mixed bag but at the end of the day I think it boils down to 3 things:

1. When it comes out, it should be a fun mobile game.

2. We know Diablo 4 is in the works. Once they're ready to show it off, they will. I too wish it was now but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

3. And finally, I think the core issue here is that they put this in the wrong part of the show. People would still be mad, but if it wasn't a "conclusion", the conversation would be different.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
For those of you at Blizzcon - was there any word on the new exclusive merch and when it'll be hitting the Blink store? Been wanting to put an order in but haven't seen anything pop up.
Always gets updated towards the end of the day. Managed to buy some of the new mystery merch around 5 PM today. Bought the Bob, WarIII, and the Deadlock Gang shirts.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Because they hate cross platform play and refuse to support it and go as far as locking Fortnite accounts to the PS4.

you are in cave? Fortnite issue is resolved.

Also, even if sony's blocking ps4 from crossplay...nothing's stopping the xbox or switch version from crossplaying..........

shall i blame sony for Rockstar not releasing RDR2 too?

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
you are in cave? Fortnite issue is resolved.

Also, even if sony's blocking ps4 from crossplay...nothing's stopping the xbox or switch version from crossplaying..........

shall i blame sony for Rockstar not releasing RDR2 too?

Never in my post did I mention that the Fortnite issue was still occuring. I'm aware that its resolved but it still happened, and it was within the last few months which means, you know, game development takes time for something like Diablo 3 character transfers and crossplay to actually get developed.

You are aware games aren't made over night right?

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
lol, my Virtual Ticket stream has swapped over to Russian audio twice on its own. It's been such a technical shit-show all day long.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
343bcf7191.png

That was amazing lmao

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Having the female Worgen not look like garbage anymore was all I needed from the WoW panel, but they had other good stuff too. Probably the first time since WotLK that Gnomes are getting focus:

WOWNXT088.jpg