• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jameson

Nov 23, 2017
If you're playing OW1, People playing OW2 will look like OW1 characters. OW2 people will see you with the updated graphics.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
No one sounded like a robot on stage. Kaplan feels like he's on the edge of sweating all the time. I guess I can't stand people who just jabber and don't get to the point. You can be charming and direct. Now I see why its a meme to speed up his Overwatch explanation videos. And why does he act like every new word is the beginning of a new sentence?

Because he's a developer instead of a public speaker.

Waxwing

Jan 25, 2018
I wonder if there will be any price differentiation between those who own OW1 and those who don't. At least in the client perhaps? I'm probably dreaming. At the very least, I hope they don't crank the price beyond the initial $40

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope the QAs save the presser. I don't want to think that Blizzard fans were more upset at a mobile game existing than Blizzard becoming a tool for the CCP.
Their apology didn't even have a golden retriever in it.

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019
I'm really confused by the OW2 situation. I really don't care about the PvE but if I want new heroes and models and engine updates I have to get OW2 right?

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
D4 looks super weird in the gameplay clips I feel. It kinda looks like that added a sharpening filter and cranked that sucker to max

Oct 25, 2017
Press materials are going out for Shadowlands. Per MMO-C: level squish is confirmed (120 squished to 50, with a new cap of 60). Price point is back down to the pre-WoD $40, with no level boost. Two separate premium tiers, massively overpriced as always, include the usual—boost, cosmetics, game time.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope the QAs save the presser. I don't want to think that Blizzard fans were more upset at a mobile game existing than Blizzard becoming a tool for the CCP.
Their apology didn't even have a golden retriever in it.
Someone told me the Q&A questions are vetted ahead of time this year, so I wouldn't hold out hope. They'll just ignore any questions that are Hong Kong or China related.

If I'm wrong, correct me!

Red Rudolph

Aug 7, 2019
I'm still trying to figure out how Reinhardt is just now meeting Mei for the first time. Praise the cinematics all you want (I certainly enjoy them), but the already scant lore of Overwatch just seems to get messier with each one.

Decepticonprime

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Someone told me the Q&A questions are vetted ahead of time this year, so I wouldn't hold out hope. They'll just ignore any questions that are Hong Kong or China related.

If I'm wrong, correct me!

QAs have always been vetted for time and focus. This is not new.
Also to cover other things, Blizzard did not conjure up the new WoW expansion or O2 or Diablo IV within the past month just to distract from the events even though some people seem to want to insist it somehow.
Also much like E3- TGS-VGA leaks happen ahead of time, Blizzard did not magically make leaks happen. BlizzCon is their biggest event.
Pooh costumes are also not banned.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
QAs have always been vetted for time and focus. This is not new.
Also to cover other things, Blizzard did not conjure up the new WoW expansion or O2 or Diablo IV within the past month just to distract from the events even though some people seem to want to insist it somehow.
Also much like E3- TGS-VGA leaks happen ahead of time, Blizzard did not magically make leaks happen. BlizzCon is their biggest event.
Pooh costumes are also not banned.
They are always(well in recent time) vetted. People just lie.
Hmm. I was also told they wouldn't be going up to ask, they would just submit questions. But fair enough. Thanks for the clarification!

If people can lie, then I fully support them doing so. :3

Also, unrelated: lmao this wow xpac, what were they thinking, can blizzard commit to literally anything in wow's story, jfc

D4 is an unreadable mess.

OW2 I have no opinion on. Didn't care for OW1, just not for me.

Oct 25, 2017
Preview is up for Mengsk in SC2 co-op.

Literally the only thing out of this BlizzCon that I know for sure I'll buy. I'm glad I have more than enough game-earned balance on my account to cover it so I don't have to pipe Blizzard any real money.

Decepticonprime

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Hmm. I was also told they wouldn't be going up to ask, they would just submit questions. But fair enough. Thanks for the clarification!

If people can lie, then I fully support them doing so. :3

Also, unrelated: lmao this wow xpac, what were they thinking, can blizzard commit to literally anything in wow's story, jfc

D4 is an unreadable mess.

OW2 I have no opinion on. Didn't care for OW1, just not for me.
Not sure what you mean about wow. There must always be a lich king or bad things happen. She makes there not be a lich king and it seems that makes bad shit happen. I would think without it being too much of a stretch the entire point at the end of the expansion will be putting a lich king back on the frozen throne. Bolivar perhaps or perhaps someone else. Seems that they are committing very strongly? So perhaps you can clarify?

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what you mean about wow. There must always be a lich king or bad things happen. She makes there not be a lich king and it seems that makes bad shit happen. I would think without it being too much of a stretch the entire point at the end of the expansion will be putting a lich king back on the frozen throne. Bolivar perhaps or perhaps someone else. Seems that they are committing very strongly? So perhaps you can clarify?
I'm pretty sure that the implication of not having a Lich King was that the undead would run wild not that the sky would break. Like who held back Super Deadland before Ner'zhul

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
I'm pretty sure that the implication of not having a Lich King was that the undead would run wild not that the sky would break. Like who held back Super Deadland before Ner'zhul

I think that the creation of the Lich King itself probably created a hole between the Shadowlands and the physical realm. That's why he was so absurdly powerful in the first place.

It's a light retcon, but it sure makes a hell of a lot more sense than the original implication.

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
I think that the creation of the Lich King itself probably created a hole between the Shadowlands and the physical realm. That's why he was so absurdly powerful in the first place.

It's a light retcon, but it sure makes a hell of a lot more sense than the original implication.

I think there's also a difference in between not picking up the helmet and becoming a new Lich King, leaving the Scourge aimless, and tearing the damn thing in half.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Bolvar had some major foreshadowing in Legion as the Lich King. What was all that about if Sylvanas gonna come in and destroy the entire concept of the Lich King?

Sylvanas was also MAJORLY inconsistent across all of her actions from Legion until now.

There are many plot threads that they've just dropped throughout the years. It's bizarre.

I think everyone knows what I mean when I say one name: Garrosh.