• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
20200609181555_1.jpg

I wish companies would stop being political
/s

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"Stop the bullshit"

Simple, raw, to the point. Kudos to The Coalition.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
This is fantastic! The Coalition has been doing the most work when it comes to inclusion and accessibility in their titles among MS's first parties recently. As such, this move is while not entirely surprising it is still a most welcome one.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
To the point.

If only this sort of thing happened years ago, especially when Gamergate happened and the industry were far too quiet then but there we go.

Great to see money where their mouth is too and matching their workers donations.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
How the hell does a murder game from megacorp MSFT manages to be more moral than the fucking game dev union?
I can't wrap my head around that.

Kudos to Coalition, MSFT and everyone involved.

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
Never played a single Gears game but it's awesome of them to do this.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Short, sweet, & to the point. Good work on both the message & the donation, Microsoft.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Awesome. Love the opening of the message lol.

Oct 25, 2017
This is great, as much as you can throw cynicism at these things, there are a lot of people that are toxic that play games and as long as they alienate those assholes with things like this, signal boost, and donate to the cause I think it's a good thing.

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
Hahahahaha you still play that game? Oh man. What a loser...

*hides account where I've purchased all the Terminator skins, Heroes, and Villains because I didn't feel like grinding for them*

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Im also glad that Microsoft is matching all employees donations. We need to support the people that are actively fighting against this injustices.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Donating is one thing fostering an environment for black people to succeed is another, and not only in the workplace but in the communities as well.

They're doing it internally, and to be honest if they're picking appropriate charities and organisations to donate to why wouldn't they do that rather than needlessly starting their own community initiatives?

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They're doing it internally, and to be honest if they're picking appropriate charities and organisations to donate to why wouldn't they do that rather than needlessly starting their own community initiatives?
Is there any proof that they're doing that internally or am I suppose to take their and your word for it? You don't believe that in this capitalist society that the richest company in the world won't donate what's less than %1 of their worth to charities to look good? Look what they're doing is good but they can do better and if they're already doing better then great they need to keep it up, but i'm not going to sit here and pretend that these companies are doing the best that they can, they have to prove they are. And plus them starting a community initiative is not needless, they can do some real help in these black communities.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any proof that they're doing that internally or am I suppose to take their and your word for it? You don't believe that in this capitalist society that the richest company in the world won't donate what's less than %1 of their worth to charities to look good? Look what they're doing is good but they can do better and if they're already doing better then great they need to keep it up, but i'm not going to sit here and pretend that these companies are doing the best that they can, they have to prove they are. And plus them starting a community initiative is not needless, they can do some real help in these black communities.

Here's a report on their diversity learnings and initiatives from last year:

And if the community initiative infrastructure already exists then it's much better to support those organisations financially than clumsily doing their own thing.

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Here's a report on their diversity learnings and initiatives from last year:

And if the community initiative infrastructure already exists then it's much better to support those organisations financially than clumsily doing their own thing.
I'm going to go over this a bit later but at first glance, the numbers are still really low for people of color especially at high level positions. This is why Microsoft working in communities of color can help, teach these kids and young adults about Tech and work in companies like Microsoft, foster a relationship with them mentor them into the next Microsoft exec, or even a business leader of their own. Microsoft is the richest company in the world, they can get people to create an operating system for them, they can globally launch a video game system, they can create A.I, they can also donate to organizations that help the community and they can also go out and do it themselves. Look I'm not really interested in going back and forth on this, I appreciate you sending me the info I'm going to look for more but if you wish to send me anything else then you can PM me, I don't want this to turn into a petty squabble about who's right, this is bigger then that.