• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
Bloober has just released a statement that they concluded an agreement with Microsoft to release a new game on Microsoft platforms. Bloober is a public company and this is typical announcement of a company listed on stock exchange.

Link to announcement in Polish and translation:
Management Board of Bloober Team S.A. (hereinafter referred to as the "Issuer") announces that on 06.06.2019 it received information from its subsidiary Bloober Team NA (hereinafter referred to as the "Company") about the conclusion of a significant agreement between Company and Microsoft Corporation with its registered office in Washington, USA, concerning the independent release of a new game produced by the Company on Microsoft platforms under special program. The copyrights to the game in question will remain with the existing owners and will not be transferred to Microsoft Corporation. The Issuer will inform about the detailed release date in a separate current report.

In the Issuer's opinion, the sale of the game in the programme will affect the financial results of the Issuer's Capital Group for 2019 and subsequent periods.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Antiax

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
I am curious about this special program. Maybe they mean Game Pass? Seems likely I would say.

It is worth noting that they expect that it will have longterm effect on financial results so it might have quite big budget.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Interesting. They're a pretty modest size studio right? I imagine the game in question is AA/AAA-lite, and destined for Game Pass?

I'm not saying that the studio is going to be Bloober, but I wonder if Microsoft has any interest acquiring a studio in the region. Someone like People can Fly or Techland?

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Pretty sweet! I quite liked the first Layers game although it did have some major performance issues on xb1. Really curious what they'll be showing in the future :D

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
Sounds more like their next game will release on game pass day one and not like they are developing a game with Ms

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Interesting. They're a pretty modest size studio right? I imagine the game in question is AA/AAA-lite, and destined for Game Pass?

I'm not saying that the studio is going to be Bloober, but I wonder if Microsoft has any interest acquiring a studio in the region. Someone like People can Fly or Techland?

Techland is big and they plan to go public by the end of the year.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed Observer and Layers of Fear, haven't played the second one, so I'll be really interested to see what comes of this partnership.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone hasn't played Observer, PLAY IT!

It's quite good, and I'd love a sequel.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances that Microsoft only made this type of deal with only one third party developer?

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't like Layers of Fear but Observer was great so I'm certainly interested to see what they're working on next.

isaaccs

Banned
Apr 12, 2019
I hope it's a new game or a sequel to Observer, but it might just be Layers of Fear/Observer on Xbox Game Pass PC.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
Regless if it's excluive or whatever, I'm definitley interested in any future works after playing Observer.

Most likely. At this point, with them increasingly moving towards subscriptions, quantity of titles and diversity in who they appeal to is probably more valuable to them then a studio that produces a traditional "killer app".

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
To me this just reads that they came to agreement on their new game launching in Game Pass

"concerning the independent release of a new game produced by the Company on Microsoft platforms under special program."

Releasing on Microsoft Platforms under a "special program"...aka PC and Xbox Game Pass. Also calls it an "independent release" which means they are self publishing.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Most likely. At this point, with them increasingly moving towards subscriptions, quantity of titles and diversity in who they appeal to is probably more valuable to them then a studio that produces a traditional "killer app".

It's unrealistic and not economically feasible to expect Microsoft to have anything more than quarterly AAA releases, and even that's probably expecting too much. They're going to have to cover those gaps with indie, AA, and AAA-lite experiences. And you're certainly right that diversity in genre and diversity of audiences being catered too, are every bit as important as the budget of the game - especially since Microsoft is seemingly making a move towards being platform agnostic and reaching as wide an audience as possible.

OP
OP
Antiax

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
To me this just reads that they came to agreement on their new game launching in Game Pass

"concerning the independent release of a new game produced by the Company on Microsoft platforms under special program."

Releasing on Microsoft Platforms under a "special program"...aka PC and Xbox Game Pass

Well, you might be right. I took "new game" quite literally. It could actually mean Layers of Fear 2.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Well, you might be right. I took "new game" quite literally. It could actually mean Layers of Fear 2.

I think you are right originally, it sounds like a brand new game that will launch on game pass. If it was just one of their already released games going on game pass I would not call that a "significant agreement" as they have. Some of their games are already on game pass.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Did they ever enhance Observer for X, don't believe so?

I think it's enhanced, but I couldn't tell you what the enhancements were. The game runs abysmally on an X; it feels like it's constantly fluctuating between like 5FPS and 60FPS.

I still thought it was a pretty cool game, though, minus the trial-and-error stealth/hide-and-seek stuff later on. I'll be interested to see what they make next.

OP
OP
Antiax

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
I think you are right originally, it sounds like a brand new game that will launch on game pass. If it was just one of their already released games going on game pass I would not call that a "significant agreement" as they have. Some of their games are already on game pass.

That's why I wrote it that way in the OP but the second thing is that it will affect their financial results not only in 2019 but also in subsequent periods.

We will definitely find out what's going on this Sunday.