• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
He adds, "In fact, we've been working for more than a year on another gaming project, another horror IP, and we're doing this with a very famous gaming publisher. I can't tell you who. I can't tell you what the project is, but I'm pretty sure when people realize we're working on it, they will be very excited."

www.gamesindustry.biz

Bloober Team adding action to its psychological horror focus

Bloober Team CEO Piotr Babieno can identify two turning points in the Polish developer's history.As he explains to Game…

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
www.gamesindustry.biz

Bloober Team adding action to its psychological horror focus

Bloober Team CEO Piotr Babieno can identify two turning points in the Polish developer's history.As he explains to Game…

The Medium is "a project on the edge" for Bloober Team, straddling the company's old approach and its new one. Babieno says the studio plans to make "advanced AA games with AAA quality of graphics and animation, but of course a little bit smaller."

He adds, "In fact, we've been working for more than a year on another gaming project, another horror IP, and we're doing this with a very famous gaming publisher. I can't tell you who. I can't tell you what the project is, but I'm pretty sure when people realize we're working on it, they will be very excited."

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
Weird that bloober was Silent about this!
Maybe they didn't wanna make a mountain out of a moleHill

SilentEagle

Jan 9, 2021
I would be happy for Konami. They are still my favorite Japanese game publisher. Hopefully they develop and publish more singleplayer games.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
DNrbHpw.gif

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I can't think of what it could be other than Silent Hil. What other famous horror franchises are there?

Magog

Banned
Jan 9, 2021
The have never done combat and they seem to struggle to make a game perform well. If they are working on Silent Hill in don't think it will be any better than the other Silent Hill games from Western devs. The franchise has been dead since after 4 as far as I'm concerned.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
All their games are shit so that's be right in line with recent Silent Hill stuff unfortunately. The rumour was there two SH games in dev right?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
What other horror IPs are there from big publishers...? Unless it's just funding a new IP.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, the best Silent Hill games were kind of jankfests.
I mean, they're closer to Climax Studio polish than Team Silent's.

If there's anything they don't lack is the POLISH.
Well true lol

I mean that's a budget issue, they'd def have a higher budget with an IP like that.
Well, I don't know, it's not like Konami is giving millions away for their IPs.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
I have my doubts, but after all the Silent Hill madness, for it to turn out to be Bloober Team would be kinda hilarious.

I say this as someone who has mostly enjoyed their stuff that I've played

srylain

Jun 15, 2018
why what's wrong with Bloober?

The studio themselves are pretty decent for an AA studio, but their games are very much designed for the modern industry. No combat, puzzles that are either really simple or giving you icons to know what to do as soon as you enter a room, and various pacing issues with story and all that. Given the time and budget I'm sure they could come up with something great, but I doubt anyone would say they have made a 'great' game so far.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I really hope it's not them that are working on the new Silent Hill (if it even exists). A Silent Hill revival deserves more than a developer that routinely pushes out 7/10 games.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
i really like the medium, i m sure they can make a good silent hill with more budget than the medium

Last edited:

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I really don't get this forums fascination with silent hill. Is it because of PT? Was it anything more than a game in R.E's shadow before the Kojima tease of PT?

why can't this just be another horror game that's not silent hill?

Oct 25, 2017
I've only played Blair Witch and that game sucked and had subtle storytelling akin to the very hungry caterpillar. literally baby's first SH2 clone-tier plot.

I'd rather Silent Hill stay dead tbh.

Oct 28, 2017
why what's wrong with Bloober?
They only know one type of horror: walking sims with jumpscares. Also, they suck at it and are creatively bankrupt. Also, they're western. Also, they have never risen above mediocrity and for the return of a classic franchise, we need a heavy lifters who know what the fuck they're doing.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Red Barrels, Tango, Frictional, Tarsier, Naughty Dog, Tango, Capcom, fucking Rare.... quite literally anyone else

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Bloober will eventually have their breakthrough. The amount of games they done so far (all mediocre at best imo) must have been enough warm up. Maybe a "famous" publisher can give them the guidance they need to finally release a decent horror game