• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Looks so goood !
If we get the same jump we got from Playroom VR - Astrobot to London Heist - Blood and Truth things we are in for a threat eh ?
Cant wait !

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely sold on this after playing London Heist. I'm a little uneasy about so much footage of first person VR movement (jumping out of windows etc) but, damn, I'd trust these devs after playing their previous work. Day one.

Clocian

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 23, 2018
Lol right after I post that days gone is the last confirmed game Im buying this year I see this thread.

Can't wait! Comes out a couple weeks after my graduation

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It should be fun to play going by the London Heist demo but every time I see a trailer for this it makes me think the creators of Eastenders have made a shitty action movie.

Mr Moot

May 10, 2018
Annecy, France
I don't follow PS news that much so I didn't know about that game. I'm hyped, London Heist is great and I couldn't stop telling people it deserved to be a full game.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I am in for the crazy ride. I really liked London Heist. I only hope that there aren't too many puzzle/stealth-segments because these weren't as good as the action segments and the dialogues.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoyed the London Heist demo, so I'll be keeping an eye on this. Looks great for a full fledge VR title.

Elohim99

Banned
Jan 2, 2019
Between this and No Man's Sky I'm gonna use my PSVR a lot this year. The only thing that's left for Sony to do is to add PSVR games to PS+.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I still don't really get why I don't have arms in VR.

Because the controllers are only tracking your hands, there's nothing to track arms. Some games have estimated arm activity and put them in but, honestly, it can get it wrong and actually move further towards being less immersive. From my experience having only the things that it can accurately track be used games (head and hands basically), you end up with better immersion.

Onebadlion

Oct 27, 2017
I thought that looked fucking awful. Hated the narration and cockney gangster stuff. It reminded me of the kind of low budget Guy Ritchie wannabe gangster caper movie I'd expect to see Tamer Hassan and pre-Eastenders Danny Dyer in.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I'm totally on board for this. We need more first-person games from Sony.

So where can this be pre-ordered and is it a $60 game?

I still don't really get why I don't have arms in VR.
The detached floating hands always gets me, but I understand how hard this can be to get right in VR.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Looking forward to this one. London heist is still one of the most fun experiences I've had in VR. i do hope it's not some 5 hour one-and-done affair though. That would be disappointing

afrodubs

Oct 27, 2017
I thought that looked fucking awful. Hated the narration and cockney gangster stuff. It reminded me of the kind of low budget Guy Ritchie wannabe gangster caper movie I'd expect to see Tamer Hassan and pre-Eastenders Danny Dyer in.
These are the exact reasons why I'm 100 (The Getaway) percent in! 😂

Last edited:

Green Yoshi

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
My German games magazine didn't like it when they played it at an event a few months ago. :-(

But I hope that the final product will be great.

tr00per

Nov 4, 2017
Hype! Definitely looking forward to this. London heist is still one of my favorite VR experiences (and one of the best to see others play and discover new things that I didn't think of doing)

I am in for the crazy ride. I really liked London Heist. I only hope that there aren't too many puzzle/stealth-segments because these weren't as good as the action segments and the dialogues.

Disagree. Besides, it's good for pacing

Last edited:

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some previews have said this will be a solid 8-10 hour game, but it won't have free movement. I'm not sure if that's a deal breaker for some of you but since I'm prone to motion sickness I'm confident this will be an ideal experience for me.

If it reviews well it may just be the last thing that pushes me over the edge on buying PSVR, since I've been so damn close so many times now.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
Some previews have said this will be a solid 8-10 hour game, but it won't have free movement. I'm not sure if that's a deal breaker for some of you but since I'm prone to motion sickness I'm confident this will be an ideal experience for me.

If it reviews well it may just be the last thing that pushes me over the edge on buying PSVR, since I've been so damn close so many times now.
I tried it at E3 last year. It's a cover to cover shooter. It's essentially a much better Bravo Team if you played that last year.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
So it's not a shooting gallery or on rails type game? There's full free movement?
Not full free movement. It's linear with enemies strewn throughout the level. Multiple cover points for you to choose with your gaze in whatever direction to move but your character moves on their own.

Unlike Bravo Team, you'll stay in 1st person as your character moves from cover point to cover point and you are able to continue shooting at the enemies while you move. They're able to continue shooting you too as you move from cover to cover. And of course they make you move at times from enemies throwing grenades at your position.

Another feature they had was the ability to slow down time as something cool but won't let you abuse it.

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
London heist was the first Time I tried VR at Tokyo game show. Will be getting this for sure. Looks great. Any idea of the length?

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Not full free movement. It's linear with enemies strewn throughout the level. Multiple cover points for you to choose with your gaze in whatever direction to move but your character moves on their own.

Unlike Bravo Team, you'll stay in 1st person as your character moves from cover point to cover point and you are able to continue shooting at the enemies while you move. They're able to continue shooting you too as you move from cover to cover. And of course they make you move at times from enemies throwing grenades at your position.

Another feature they had was the ability to slow down time as something cool but won't let you abuse it.

Oh I see that makes sense, thanks for the info. I loved the demo so I'm already planning on getting it but was curious about that.