• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017

I live again

https://www.gog.com/game/blood_fresh_supply

"Battle an army of sycophantic cultists, zombies, gargoyles, hellhounds, and an insatiable host of horrors in your quest to defeat the evil Tchernobog. Squirm through 42 loathsome levels filled with more atmosphere than a Lovecraftian mausoleum. Begin your journey armed with a simple pitchfork and earn more effective implements of destruction like aerosol cans, flare guns, voodoo dolls and more!

Includes the original Blood and add-ons: Plasma Pak and Cryptic Passage"

Blood: Fresh Supply Enhancements:
  • Updated using Nightdive Studio's KEX Engine
  • Vulkan, DirectX 11 and OpenGL 3.2 support, play with unlocked framerates!
  • Antialiasing, Ambient Occlusion, V-sync and Interpolation support
  • Support for high resolutions including 4K monitors
  • Fully customizable keyboard and controller pad support
  • Extended modding support, including support for already existing mods
  • Completely rewritten netcode supports up to 8 players:
  • Play online in co-operative mode, kill each other in "Bloodbath" or split the difference in classic 4v4 team-based "Capture The Flag" mayhem
  • Battle it out in local split-screen action
  • Roll your own soundtrack with full CD and MIDI music support
  • Look fully up and down with a new 3D view, or stick with the classic BUILD-engine style!

Riptwo

Oct 25, 2017
I have questions:

1) Is this GOG-exclusive? I own an older copy on Steam, and I wouldn't mind getting in on a discounted purchase if possible.
2) Are the original redbook music tracks included, or does the "roll your own soundtrack" quote mean that we have to source them ourselves?

OP
OP
AgentStrange

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
It's not exclusive to GOG. Apparently it was just released on GOG earlier than expected. It'll be on Steam in an hour or so according to a friend of a friend.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Monolith's FPS work prior to FEAR is a really overlooked catalog of absolute gems, starting with this one. It's an easy recommend to anyone who hasn't played it and likes shooters of the era.

Deleted member 43872

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 24, 2018
If there's a loyalty discount on Steam, I'll be tempted. One of the best and strangest shooters of the 90s, and SVKaiser does good work.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Monolith's FPS work prior to FEAR is a really overlooked catalog of absolute gems, starting with this one. It's an easy recommend to anyone who hasn't played it and likes shooters of the era.
GOG or anyone should add Claw to their store. It is one of the best platformers I have played on PC.

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
D6IyQURW0AAeLBP.jpg:large

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
If my memory serves me well, this one was hard af, maybe because I was less used to fps controls? Is it still nerve-wreckingly hard?

Deleted member 43872

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 24, 2018
If my memory serves me well, this one was hard af, maybe because I was less used to fps controls? Is it still nerve-wreckingly hard?
Blood is a hard game by any measure, though this version being freed from some of the Build engine's jank should help (not to mention the save bug). You can't get away with hopping around and circle-strafing everywhere like in Duke 3D. Blood wants you to use cover, know how the weird weapons work, find secrets to keep your supplies up, and use lots of dynamite.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
OMG OMG!

They talk about a console release in the future?

Also
, can't help it... I have legit nostalgia for Blood2 :)

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I'm more excited to play this than Rage 2 or whatever else is coming out this month

Just waiting on the Steam release now

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
Been waiting for this since it was announced. How is the difficulty between this and duke 3d and shadow warrior? and how much of the enemies are hitscan?

For me duke 3d seemed to have a balanced difficulty, shadow warrior wasnt too bad but the hitscan enemies could do really high dmg, and splash damage from your own explosives had a huge range.

KiKaL

Oct 26, 2017
Oh wow, literally just picked up Blood two weeks ago and have been going through it. I had no idea this was coming out.

edit- Would this be better than BloodGDX or about the same?

Deleted member 29237

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Insta-bought as soon as the page went up! Port is very solid, no stutters like with the eDuke32 based one or BloodGDX.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
It's only $10?

That is amazing.

I've tried to play my GoG version of Blood so many times, but it always had some problem or another with emulation/mouse smoothing/sound etc. I always ended up giving up after 5-6 levels.

However, other than the bugs, it was probably the best FPS from that era I have played other than Doom. It's better the Duke and better than Shadow Warrior.

I can't wait to jump in on this .

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Under 15 CAD is a good sweet spot for an impulse purchase of a remastered classics. Well played, GOG

*clicks buy*

As someone above said, Claw, plz.

LFMartins86

Nov 7, 2017
It's only $10?

That is amazing.

I've tried to play my GoG version of Blood so many times, but it always had some problem or another with emulation/mouse smoothing/sound etc. I always ended up giving up after 5-6 levels.

However, other than the bugs, it was probably the best FPS from that era I have played other than Doom. It's better the Duke and better than Shadow Warrior.

I can't wait to jump in on this .
If you already have the old version on GOG, this one is 50% off.

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Just an advice: every time you see a group of 4 or more enemies: dynamite. Save your ammo.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I have questions:

1) Is this GOG-exclusive? I own an older copy on Steam, and I wouldn't mind getting in on a discounted purchase if possible.
2) Are the original redbook music tracks included, or does the "roll your own soundtrack" quote mean that we have to source them ourselves?
Nah, it'll release on Steam later on down the line.
Looks like I get a 50% discount on the release for owning one of the earlier releases. Wicked~

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was the biggest LITH fanboy back in the day. SHOGO: MAD is my JAM.

So glad this is finally out... can't wait to buy on SWITCH. If I put it into the universe, it'll happen. Believe.

Odrion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is a great video series by an over-caffeinated boomer about playing Blood on the (second) hardest difficulty.

Phantom88

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Is this coming to console? Playing their turok 2 port on xbox one now and really enjoying it.

I cant even fathom playing this with a controller. If by absurd they;ll port it to consoles, it would just exist, but it wont be very fun to play. This game challenges you to the extreme if you're well versed on mouse and keyboard.

Its a 90's fps designed through and through for a pc. Thats what you need to use for this.

Locust Star

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
This is really cool, can't wait to try it out. I already have blood on gog, but this looks even better