• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 6, 2017
US
I'd love to see this on consoles as well, like the Duke 3D "bundle". Fucking awesome game and loved it back in the day.

Blood 2 though, keep that shit buried six feet deep please, yikes.

Doomg0d

Mar 26, 2019
This is one of my favorite games of all time! I have been playing alot of mods via BloodGDX and really hope this Remaster gets the mouseaim perfect. Thats my only gripe with most reverse engineered ports of the game.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
I was just thinking about this game lol

"Didn't they announce a Blood remaster a while ago, what happened to th... Oh!"

Piotrek

Oct 28, 2017
Warsaw, PL
It's been what? 20 odd years? I can still hear the sound in the back of my head.

011.gif

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
Was Heretic 2 as good as Hexen 2? Legit question.

Heretic 2 was an odd game. It was a third-person shooter mixed with Tomb Raider-esque platforming, all done on the Quake 2 engine. Technically, it's a solid feat and works pretty well for a game of the time.

But in terms of actually playing through it, nothing ever really stood out in terms of level design or puzzles in the same way the previous games had. If you've got access to a copy, you're not going to be wasting your time if you're a fan of the *Serpent Riders* series and Raven Software's work, it just doesn't quite match up to the highs of before.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
All you guys talking about Heretic should try Amid Evil. It's fantastic.

dtcm83

Oct 28, 2017
I know the classic PC gaming purists will probably jump on me for this, but I really hope this remaster has controller support so I can play this from my couch :)

Also, there is a Youtuber named Civvie 11 that has entertaining reviews/playthroughs of classic FPS games, including Blood. If you've never played the game and want to see what Blood is all about, check out his videos (warning, foul language).

Doomg0d

Mar 26, 2019
After playing the first 2 lvls on Extra Crispy I really like it. The mouseaim feels alot better than GDX, ambient occultism adds some more fun and depth, and the pitchfork in this iteration is far more useful since it seems to stunlock the cultists guarenteed. In regular Blood even ambushing a cultist with a pitchfork would be certain death make it all but useless except vs 1-2 zombies.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Hopefully either Limited Run Games, Super Rare Games, FanGamer, Special Reserve Games, or PlayAsia (EastAsiaSoft) will do a physical copy of this, if NightDive Studios or Atari won't.

I'm glad this game is getting resurrected otherwise. :)

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I only played through the first level but having some modern resolution support and proper mouse input is DIVINE. So glad this has gotten the NightDive treatment. They also added some HUD elements, when scrolling through weapons it'll show as a scrolling weapon wheel to the side of your screen in a Turok-like fashion.

Cool, but what is really needed right now is a remaster of the superior blood II: the chosen.
You are not even trying.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
YES!!! Will be buying this the second it releases!

*Edit* Wait, what? It's out already?

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Those who own the original release on Steam get a 50% off coupon for the remaster. Restart your client to get it before making that impulse purch.

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
Dang, can't wait to grab this. Feels like I've been waiting for an alternative to the dosbox version for way too long.

Nice of them to give half off if you already own a copy, makes it the easiest game purchase I've made in a while.