• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
https://gematsu.com/2018/12/horror-first-person-shooter-blood-remaster-announced-for-pc
The team working on the game at Nightdive Studios includes lead engine developer Samuel "Kaiser" Villarreal, whose previous work includes The Original Strife, Turok, Turok 2: Seeds of Evil and, most recently, Forsaken Remastered. Additionally, developers Edward Richardson, James Haley, and producer Daniel Grayshon will be working on the project.
"Blood stood up extremely well over time and we are taking care to preserve all the qualities that made the game so special," said producer Daniel Grayshon. "It really only needs minor updates to provide a better user experience for contemporary audiences. By using some of the functions of Nightdive's KEX engine, we'll be able to provide compatibility with today's video standards, with DirectX and Vulkan support."

Grayshon continued, "Similarly, we'll provide compatibility with the current audio standards. We'll add support for modern networks, Steamworks, and GOG Galaxy to bring this original game to more players. As part of this, we will preserve the accuracy of the game behavior. While these upgrades are relatively minor, we are confident that they will provide fans with a better, current generation gameplay experience."

I guess Atari finally realized money is good. They're really not doing much... but they really didn't need to.

XgNVBie.jpg

mt1xVns.png

IoJIkIn.png

More screens here: https://gematsu.com/gallery/blood/december-7-2018/

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, awesome! Turok didn't age all that well imho (still plays fine but it shows the technical limits in its design), but Blood was a brilliantly designed FPS that is a joy to play to this day. Hopefully, like Turok, this will also come to consoles. Next we need Heretic please.

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Well, my gog version runs fine already.

What could possibly be changed?

IsThatHP

Oct 31, 2017
It lives...a-gaaaaiiiinnnn.

Tried getting into this game in the spring or so and I really, really really wasn't enjoying myself. It was kind of too difficult?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
YES YES YES. Such a big part of my teenage years. Which is somewhat worrying. The first LAN game I seriously got into.

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This game was up there along with Doom 2 for me. I might have to get it.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Sorry if it's obvious but...

1. Is this potentially coming to consoles? Probably not, right?
2. Those screens in the OP are the remastered version?

Blood was a fantastic game back in the day but I haven't played it in ages. That being said, Duke Nukem 3D hasn't aged a minute for me, so I can't wait to get back into this.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Blood and Duke 3D are the best first person shooters ever. And I replayed through Duke 3D on the second highest difficulty a few weeks ago, and it's still the best. Will totally be getting Blood as soon as it comes out.

Can't wait to play the train level again...

Rockodile

Dec 7, 2018
Holy Crap! Yes! I've been waiting years for this. Wonder how it will compare to BloodGDX.

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Quake, Duke 3D and Blood basically were my childhood

Can't wait to replay it and unlock all the achievements

OP
OP
metsallica

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if it's obvious but...

1. Is this potentially coming to consoles? Probably not, right?
2. Those screens in the OP are the remastered version?

Blood was a fantastic game back in the day but I haven't played it in ages. That being said, Duke Nukem 3D hasn't aged a minute for me, so I can't wait to get back into this.
1. Maybe? Hopefully? We don't know.
2. According to Gematsu they are!

OP
OP
metsallica

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Regarding 2., I think my understanding of a "Remaster" is off. I seriously thought these were just highest-res screens of the original game. What's remastered about this according to them? Just a higher res I guess ultimately?
From the OP:
"By using some of the functions of Nightdive's KEX engine, we'll be able to provide compatibility with today's video standards, with DirectX and Vulkan support."

Grayshon continued, "Similarly, we'll provide compatibility with the current audio standards. We'll add support for modern networks, Steamworks, and GOG Galaxy to bring this original game to more players. As part of this, we will preserve the accuracy of the game behavior. While these upgrades are relatively minor, we are confident that they will provide fans with a better, current generation gameplay experience."

Dec 6, 2017
US
From the OP:
"By using some of the functions of Nightdive's KEX engine, we'll be able to provide compatibility with today's video standards, with DirectX and Vulkan support."

Yeah, that's where my ignorance came in. I assumed this just meant some aspects of the Remaster.

If it hits PS4, I'm definitely picking it up, would love this on console.

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One of those games I remember others playing when I was young, but I didn't have a PC at all. Same vein as Doom isn't it, not real 3D but ... I dunno the term for it, but you know what I mean?