• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
I'm out for work this week, but I'll be playing it when I get back on Saturday!

I loved the London Heist demo, so glad this turned out great.

Glad I preordered a while back when target had a BOGO 50% sale.

Sabrina Rei

Oct 30, 2017
No worries! And, yes, I did think the game was "pure crap" and nearly unplayable. Sorry if that sounds harsh but that's how I felt from beginning to closing credits. In the end, I guess it just didn't click with me. Reminds me of the movie "Looper". Everyone seemed to love it but it's one of the worst movies that I've ever seen, in my opinion, of course.

I was gonna let your opinion on Blood and Truth slide but... now we have a problem, lol.

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Woah, best reviewed PS4 exclusive so far this year, who would have thought?

I think this game really surprised people.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just going to point out that the exception to the rule just confirms it. One single seriously bad review compared to the vast majority of good to great reviews says it all. It's an extreme outlier for what seems to be a very well reviewed game.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
The thing with the one outlying review is that sure, a review should, to an extent, be a personal opinion, an a matter of taste. However, what isn't up for debate, and an objective thing is IS THE THING WELL MADE? Is it a quality product? Do the mechanics work well or not?

It seems really odd that the one reviewer faced technical problems that nobody else did.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder why none of the other reviewers ran into all those technical problems... Maybe time to relocate their review room from a circus mirror maze.
FWIW, i encounterd some of his bugs (like the floating shields) and also encountered a lot of bodies clipping trough the environment. Tracking problems can be due to a bad set-up or too much light in the room, but the Move controllers are far from perfect and even playing in the dark, 2 meters away from the camera I needed to recalibrate quite often because tracking became wonky.

His 'no reload or grab' when playing with DS4 baffles me though. Could be a freak bug, but you reload with a button press on DS.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The thing with the one outlying review is that sure, a review should, to an extent, be a personal opinion, an a matter of taste. However, what isn't up for debate, and an objective thing is IS THE THING WELL MADE? Is it a quality product? Do the mechanics work well or not?

It seems really odd that the one reviewer faced technical problems that nobody else did.

If I had to guess their set up is not ideal for PSVR. Mine wasn't at first and caused all kinds of issues for me.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Great Reviews, I would agree to all of them.
What holds the game back from being a 9 or 10/10 simply the hardware limitations of the moves. With how it is now, you always have to compromise and design your game around those problems.
A Problem that Astro Bot or other 3rd Person games don't have.
I think between farpoint, killing floor and blood & truth, we have reached the peak potential in game design for FPS that PSVR offers. It's either:
- Aim (Problem: no direct hand Movements and spotty tracking)
- Moves with nodes/teleports (Problem: no free movement)
- Moves with free locomotion (Problem: hardware not designed for that. Works, but always obviously only as a workaround, even in titles that do it well)
- DS4 (Problem: looses a lot of VR specific Gameplay possibilities)

BTT: I am very impressed by Blood and Truth, I think it gets the absolute best out of the node-based movement system, which feels less restrictive than I originally though.
Also, the score and especially the main theme is a real banger. Have it stuck in my head since Friday.
Nice...think I'll finish Astrobot, get this, Beat Saber and try RE7 in VR. Then sell it and wait for PSVR2.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i think the video chums reviews might have gone down better if it wasn't so poorly written. me thinks the writer took the wrong career path. lol

besides that though, it seems to be reviewing incredibly well. will pick it up this weekend.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Overall I think what reviews need to do is just factor in less of their personal preference and reflect on overall quality. Some things do seems to be really low just for the hell of it. Days Gone comes to mind as well.

However, when it comes to Gen 1 tech you do have potential bugs that will ruin the experience and maybe that's what happened here. Just double and triple check your equipment is setup properly and maybe seeing other people's opinions would offer insight.

I could never be a critic lol I would be too nice. Can't take a dump on someone's creative work tbh but hey that's just me.

ClarkusDarkus im not sure I would like NMS. Minecraft, Fortnite, all these endless experiences are really not my cup of tea. I like story driven or focused gameplay experiences.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Overall I think what reviews need to do is just factor in less of their personal preference and reflect on overall quality. Some things do seems to be really low just for the hell of it. Days Gone comes to mind as well.

However, when it comes to Gen 1 tech you do have potential bugs that will ruin the experience and maybe that's what happened here. Just double and triple check your equipment is setup properly and maybe seeing other people's opinions would offer insight.

I could never be a critic lol I would be too nice. Can't take a dump on someone's creative work tbh but hey that's just me.
And what if the reviewer thinks the overall quality is low?

You seem to be asking for homogenised reviews that don't take into account the reviewer's opinion - a) we have meta/opencritic for a homogenised score if that's the way you want to go and b) an individual review will (and should) always be the opinion of the person reviewing the game

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i think the video chums reviews might have gone down better if it wasn't so poorly written. me thinks the writer took the wrong career path. lol

besides that though, it seems to be reviewing incredibly well. will pick it up this weekend.

Yep! Would've picked it up today had I managed to get to a game shop.

Tomorrow it is.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Awesome scores :) Happy for London Studio. Now I wanna know if Erica is still coming, or not.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I wonder how many review total it will get on metacritic. Just checked that Astro Bot had about 50 reviews, which seems very low. I hope Blood and Truth got more than that