• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ratrat

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a popular theory. Aside from the chalice stuff, everything in the video was talked about in this thread weeks ago.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
You can speculate without making random shit up like ''Bloodborne 2 is gonna take place in the Aztec and it's gonna be focused on hand to hand combat plus some other details that I just made up because they sound cool''.

Might aswell say Bloodborne 2 is gonna take place on Mars and it's gonna be focused on the Great Ones that inhabit it and it will feature robotic weapons and a resurected Gherman on nanomachines.

It's the same thing really.

Save us Omnipotent.
I mean if you can find something that points out even a little to the next BB game being on Mars then go for out, If you've watched the video then you'd know where Vati is coming from.

I'm not sure why you're tagging Omni though, even Vati says it'd be a next gen title and Omni only said BB2 is not in development not that it isn't happening.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
You can speculate without making random shit up like ''Bloodborne 2 is gonna take place in the Aztec and it's gonna be focused on hand to hand combat plus some other details that I just made up because they sound cool''.

Might aswell say Bloodborne 2 is gonna take place on Mars and it's gonna be focused on the Great Ones that inhabit it and it will feature robotic weapons and a resurected Gherman on nanomachines.

It's the same thing really.

Save us Omnipotent.

The Aztec/hand to hand combat "rumor" has been floating around for quite a while now.
its fake

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure why you're tagging Omni though,

Because WE BOIS.

and it's just mostly friendly banter.

The Aztec/hand to hand combat "rumor" has been floating around for quite a while now.
undefined

461809388588367883.png

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
More like click bait with misinformation info, i remember how misleading he was with dark souls 2 combat and hurry everyone to buy the game.

Yeah, the issue I have with Vaati is that he doesn't always draw a clear line between subtext that can actually be found in the games and the stuff he's making up to sound cooler. Like, he's a decent enough storyteller, but if he wants to tell stories he should just tell stories. People believe what he says when he puts it in his speculation videos.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
If you've watched the video then you'd know where Vati is coming from.

I've watched Vaati since he started.

The quality of his videos has really gone down in the last few years. He was on the top of his game on the DS1 era. Nowdays it's mostly just bait.

He makes video speculating on nothing and just makes up stuff for no reason. I still remember he would swear to god before the release of AoA that Father Ariandel was in fact 100% Allfather Lloyd with a dedicated video and all.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the issue I have with Vaati is that he doesn't always draw a clear line between subtext that can actually be found in the games and the stuff he's making up to sound cooler. Like, he's a decent enough storyteller, but if he wants to tell stories he should just tell stories. People believe what he says when he puts it in his speculation videos.

And that's info you can find in the game he got short on DS3 because the info was too straightforward with zero plotholes compared to bloodborne where vaati just followed the bloodborne essay and made a profit of others people research

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm still not sure how a theory video can be considered clickbait, they do whatever they can to convince you of their theorie and if it turns out wrong then that's fine, you should hold a grudge on that, theories aren't facts.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still not sure how a theory video can be considered clickbait, they do whatever they can to convince you of their theorie and if it turns out wrong then that's fine, you should hold a grudge on that, theories aren't facts.

There's a difference between theory and literally making shit up with no evidence to support it. And there's also a difference between a theory and peddling what has already been established to be a fake rumor for almost a month now.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I don't see the issue with the video. He's speculating, as we all did when these things popped up. As for the Aztecsouls, just because the rumour was debunked doesn't also mean things can't point to another game taking place in that setting. Made up rumours can happen to be true.

I didn't find the video enlightening or anything, but I don't think it's worthy of the derision on display here either.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Oh man can't wait for the "Items in Sekiro hints at a Bloodborne sequel" thread once that game is out.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
There's a difference between theory and literally making shit up with no evidence to support it. And there's also a difference between a theory and peddling what has already been established to be a fake rumor for almost a month now.
If you're talking about the Aztec setting then I'm not sure if it's fair to call it based on nothing since clearly he talks about why he thinks so in the video, you guys better not watch some of those Death Stranding theories as I'm not sure they'd go well with you.

As I've said, they are all a little fun at the end of the day and being upset or angry about them doesn't make sense to me.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
So found this on reddit. A spanish website recently held interview with Miyazaki and he talked about receiving golden joystick award, themes of sekiro and also confirmed that he isn't writing sekiro but he is still overseeing the narrative.

Now the person who translated it on reddit also said this in reference to interview - "HE SAYS THAT THE REFERENCE IN DERACINE ABOUT BLOODBORNE DON'T MEAN THERE WILL BE A BLOODBORNE 2, THEY JUST LOVE BLOODBORNE AND WANTED TO REFERENCE IT."

More at this link- https://www.reddit.com/r/Sekiro/comments/a2d4t5/very_interesting_interview_to_hidetaka_miyazaki/

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
So found this on reddit. A spanish website recently held interview with Miyazaki and he talked about receiving golden joystick award, themes of sekiro and also confirmed that he isn't writing sekiro but he is still overseeing the narrative.

Now the person who translated it on reddit also said this in reference to interview - "HE SAYS THAT THE REFERENCE IN DERACINE ABOUT BLOODBORNE DON'T MEAN THERE WILL BE A BLOODBORNE 2, THEY JUST LOVE BLOODBORNE AND WANTED TO REFERENCE IT."

More at this link- https://www.reddit.com/r/Sekiro/comments/a2d4t5/very_interesting_interview_to_hidetaka_miyazaki/

That's like a generic developer denial. If they are or have plans to work on BB2 they won't be that open about it yet. Especially with games like Sekiro in their near future pipeline.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
That Vaati video is some tinfoil hat stuff.
Miyazaki also said he would like to work on something less dark after Dark Souls and we got BB, he wouldn't talk about it even if there were plans.
People always bring this up (probably because Max says it all the time), but unless he was specifically talking about his next game was he even lying? He's pretty much made the kind of game he was talking about with Deracine.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Miyazaki also said he would like to work on something less dark after Dark Souls and we got BB, he wouldn't talk about it even if there were plans.

People always bring this up (probably because Max says it all the time), but unless he was specifically talking about his next game was he even lying? He's pretty much made the kind of game he was talking about with Deracine.
Even Deracine is dark going by Vati's videos on it.

Last edited:

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
The worst part about Vaati is his stealing of others lore content and pretending it's his. The Paleblood Hunt, anyone?

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
That's like a generic developer denial. If they are or have plans to work on BB2 they won't be that open about it yet. Especially with games like Sekiro in their near future pipeline.
I mean..I don't know how accurate this interview or translation is but the director of the game himself is straight up denying what this whole thread is based upon. Sure he may be hiding the plans but we can't just ignore it as a generic developer denial.
Pretty sure Omnipotent also said that bloodborne 2 is not being worked upon so it lines up.

Hellshy

Nov 5, 2017
I mean..I don't know how accurate this interview or translation is but the director of the game himself is straight up denying what this whole thread is based upon. Sure he may be hiding the plans but we can't just ignore it as a generic developer denial.
Pretty sure Omnipotent also said that bloodborne 2 is not being worked upon so it lines up.

When has a Sony title ever been confirmed to be in the works during a developer interview?
Considering we have no clue how omnipotent gets his info it's very possible he doesn't know everything from software is working on.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018

This is what I get from a chrome translation on that article regarding that. Keep in mind that google translate is not the best tool and may have grammar & contextual errors.

Okay, yes. Actually, this is just the conversation that my team and I had. It's the kind of conversation we keep during development, because there are Easter eggs ... However ... The easter egg in itself is not indicative that we are going to launch 'Bloodborne II'. I'm not in a position to talk about a possible release of 'Bloodborne II'. However, we love 'Bloodborne'; that's why this easter egg has aroused so much curiosity. But, I repeat, it's not a 'Bloodborne II' notice. It's just a plot that we explore among ourselves, because we love 'Bloodborne'.

You can interpret that however you want.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017

The wording in this game is a little TOO explicit.

Anyway devs like to misdirect all the time. BB2 may not be "currently" worked on (could be in pre production or something though) but I'd be surprised if they actually had little to no plans. Before this game came out I might agree.

Also as BB is a Sony IP, I doubt they can be very explicit during a random interview. Edit: he basically reinforces that with the translation above

Oct 25, 2017
What? I didn't know they kept going after the hunter escaped Yharnam on issue 3 i think. Gotta check it out.
The plan for the comic is to be an anthology of sorts IIRC. There was the that hunter story, now there is a story about a scientist and a priest (dunno if they are actually game characters, haven't played BB). Then there will be a completely new one. Highly recommend it, art is great and the narrative is pretty cool and well paced.

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
The worst part about Vaati is his stealing of others lore content and pretending it's his. The Paleblood Hunt, anyone?

I mean, I don't think anyone who knows about Vaati really forgets how he became infamous.

He & Redgrave made up and when he's lifted a theory from Reddit he always mentions who it was by and links it in the description