• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

piccio_ssl

Oct 25, 2017
https://fextralife.com/bloodborne-2...BqvQdh_yxFKo-Icxj3BSfWYB_BtRfr2GmSy6DNRuAqyDQ

In the game players can interact with a doll that has "Make contact" gesture, similar to that of Bloodborne. The doll also has a description that relates to Bloodborne universe. The description mentions "the unfinished tale" which could mean that there is a story that is has yet to have an ending. The fact that the mysterious doll uses the same gesture seen in Bloodborne, could very well be the "tale" the doll is hinting at. Are FromSoft trying to tell fans that there is a sequel to Bloodborne?

deracine-bloodborne-easter-egg.gif

D%C3%A9racin%C3%A9-In-game-Screenshots-02-640x360.jpg

for reference

J8LPAh9.gif

more

CSoMg8V.jpg

This is the real Bloodborne 2. For reference, it mentioned painting their faces with the blood of gods and making weapons mixed with their blood.

Last edited:

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Huh, interesting. I think we all expected a hint, but this is a bit too explicit.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
...here we go. Its probably just an easter egg and nothing more yall.

The doll doing the "Make Contact" gesture fits perfectly into what Deracine is about; making contact with the children/people in the world. Miyazaki probably saw a great opportunity to add in a Bloodborne nod.

Though, that "unfinished tale" line has me....wondering.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Well we had that guy in Dark Souls DLC that hinted about the Bloodborne game.

So this is prossible.

sambills

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
as someone who is finally playing bloodborne (my first fromsoft game that has stuck) yes please give me that

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Is Fiona a character in this game? If not, I can see it being an Easter egg.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I'm just gonna say that it's not a hint but.
I'm also going to make myself believe it is Bloodborne 2 2020 letsgo

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
The doll in Bloodborne wasn't made of stone or called Fiona though.

I imagine this was made as a cute reference and they deliberately tired to word it to avoid people thinking it was a reference to a sequel but here we are... you guys are thirsty.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
It's a stretch, but it's not an unreasonable one.

Doll? Bloodborne.
Gesture? Bloodborne.
Flee from a bad dream? Bloodborne.
Unfinished tale? A game that's currently in development. Which could be Sekiro, or...

Auctopus

Self-requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Normally, I'd say this is Reset stretching a fun Easter egg. But calling it "an unfinished tale" is quite unecessary.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Its happening and there is nothing you can do about it.

And I love it when people get "slighlty" mad about it. It's the best thing about this topic.

Oct 25, 2017
Without the "unfinished tale" comment, it would just be an easter egg, but that seems deliberate. They wouldn't just casually call their complete, released game's story "unfinished" without a reason would they?

I'm not even thirsty for a sequel, it just seems deliberate to me.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
It's a stretch, but it's not an unreasonable one.

Doll? Bloodborne.
Gesture? Bloodborne.
Flee from a bad dream? Bloodborne.
Unfinished tale? A game that's currently in development. Which could be Sekiro, or...

They're not talking about Sekiro in a 1st Party game. Also: Deracine is developed by both From Software and Japan Studio so

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I said it before but I expect Horizon 2 as a launch game on PS5 with GT7 and BBII launching within the first 5-6 months of the console's release.

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Without the "unfinished tale" comment, it would just be an easter egg, but thst seems deliberate. They wouldn't just casually call their complete, released game's story "unfinished" without a reason would they?
I think that's related to Déraciné. A kind of story from that game I think. This might just be an easter egg.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
lmao you people wont' give up, thought Deracine not being linked with Bloodborne like some people was sure it was going to be the case would be enough..

Well we had that guy in Dark Souls DLC that hinted about the Bloodborne game.

So this is prossible.

Yamamura in Bloodborne's DLC was also a hint for Sekiro.

Oct 25, 2017
Without the "unfinished tale" comment, it would just be an easter egg, but thst seems deliberate. They wouldn't just casually call their complete, released game's story "unfinished" without a reason would they?

I'm not even thirsty for a sequel, it just seems deliberate to me.
But they're not? The stone girl Fiona is from an unfinished tale, there's no stone girl named Fiona in Bloodborne for it to be the unfinished tale. The reference is the Make Contact gesture.

The plain doll in Bloodborne is based on a woman named Maria.