• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
DISCLAIMER: This is the first video of many that will come in the coming weeks, showing unused enemies, weapons and shields (seemingly shields had a bigger role in Bloodborne). To get an idea, around 25 unused enemies/npc models were found. This video only shows 6.

So, Sanadsk got in contact with someone that managed to create tools to rip models from PS4 games. He has done his first video showing cut bosses and NPCs.

More videos are to follow this coming weeks with more models. For now the biggest issue is sound files, they have been unable to rip them yet, but are looking into it.

Grant me eyes if old.

EDIT:
part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqfZ5pQ0Lro

part 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhjIzxzYj_0

Last edited:

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, will watch later. Though judging from the thumbnail, I can see why these two models were cut. They look terrible lol.

OP
OP
Ferrs

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks, will watch later. Though judging from the thumbnail, I can see why these two models were cut. They look terrible lol.

Well take into account they may lack textures, proper lighting, and are straight unfinished.

Mind you, this is not like the Dark Souls cut content videos. We have no way to put these models into the game, so we only can see them through a program, and that makes the flaws pop out more.

Also, it seems like some stuff moved onto Dark Souls 3.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Interesting bosses. Like the video said there was probably a cut fire based level in Bloodborne and I'd be willing to bet a nice chunk of the stuff in this video series reflect the cut level.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Always wondered why they didn't clean up and remove unfinished models and such.

OP
OP
Ferrs

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah there's more stuff coming too, won't surprise me if he showed the less interesting stuff. He says a mindblowing cut boss is in there and will be shown next....

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK

More effort than it's worth.

Can anyone potentially post some screenshots? I have no internet for 2 weeks and wanna conserve my mobile data by not watching videos.

OP
OP
Ferrs

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
This is for example how the wolfs beasts are shown without all the proper work, just to put in perspective the shitty looking models in the video

ejuNauo.jpg

Run Goku

Oct 25, 2017
I like the furry golden dragon boss.The pig person looks kinda silly but I imagine when properly animated it might actually be creepy.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's possible that the game breaks by doing so. If the game works and you've got content that's unfinished and you're getting near the end of development, it's best left untouched just to be safe.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they suceed in ripping the sound files. I'm interested if there is any unused music

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That first boss looked pretty cool and definitely something I could see being in the game. The other enemies however, like the two-headed demon and skeleton, I don't find fitting for Bloodborne. Feels more like something you'd see in Dark Souls. Perhaps the demon could have been in the chalice dungeon, as there is a similarity with it and the Watchdog, but eh. The pig enemy looks like something you'd see in the Nightmare Frontier or Mensis. Looks about as silly as those rock throwing assholes.

Cool stuff though.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Cool, was waiting on this update. Most of those enemies look stupid but I like that Maneater / Gargoyle one. lol @ this though

SddO3Le.png

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quite clearly what this means is From Software was always going to develop Bloodborne 2.

Believe.

Next week Demons Souls remaster and Bloodborne 2.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
The designs on those enemies leads me to believe that they were meant for the chalice dungeon

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Quite clearly what this means is From Software was always going to develop Bloodborne 2.

Believe.

Next week Demons Souls remaster and Bloodborne 2.

Of course, I'm not sure about BB2 announcement this year but will be weird as heck if Sony doesn't use this chance to announce Demons Souls HD after teasing it so much.

I wonder if there is any unused level data with the game, Northern Limit was interesting to see in Demons Souls.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Well, it always did feel like a very incomplete game to me up until The Old Hunters, so this totally makes sense. It also seemed like the Chalice Dungeons really only existed to showcase bosses that they didn't want to scrap entirely, but they never actually created actual areas in the main game to put them.

Billy Palmer

Nov 4, 2017
London
Interesting bosses. Like the video said there was probably a cut fire based level in Bloodborne and I'd be willing to bet a nice chunk of the stuff in this video series reflect the cut level.
The image of the beast on fire in the introduction strikes me as something potentially interesting here. I'd like to see Old Yharnam burning to the ground, or alternatively the image of the beast burning representing 'your will' fleshed out a little more in a sequel.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Some of that stuff looks like placeholder models in terms of detail. Always interesting to see what was cut and speculate what could have been

convo

Oct 25, 2017
The designs on those enemies leads me to believe that they were meant for the chalice dungeon

I could see a lava tile set for those having been a thing.
Once audio files are parsable we'll probably hear more cut references to demon's souls. The one mention of Umbasa by Gascoigne in the gliched beta section being dropped and nothing ever referencing anything resembling it is fascinating enough already.

Oct 29, 2017
It's great someone is looking into this. Can't wait for some kind of detailed write up somewhere when they've gone through it all

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Neat, can't wait to see the other parts once they release. Lol that scholar looks so out of place.

Murasaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Deep North
Really interesting. Glad they left the skeleton enemy out, it feels like more of a Dark Souls adversary. The second creature shown looks like it would have made for a fun fight.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can see why some of this content was cut. That two-headed monster feels like it belongs to Dark Souls instead of BB.

visvim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
whoever created these designs is almost certainly a big fan of Berserk. The art style is not only similar, but there are some enemies and other parts of Bloodborne which are borderline plagarism. lol

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
Eeee. I'm kind of happy most of those were cut. They don't fit in with the game's style much at all. If most of these designs were regulated to the Chalice Dungeons, it might have worked, but definitely the base game is better without them.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, nice, watching now. Bloodborne always felt like it was never really fully realized, I wonder how much cut content was actually worked on and left in the game - guess we'll be finding out, yay. I do kinda wish the Old Hunters had just focused on a proper Byrgenwerth, and putting back in what was sorely missing from the base game, but thats for a totally different thread :).

Ratrat

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like the pig/rat-like creature.

Imagine in From Software made Ghost of a Tale.