• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
"TO" the forbidden woods I mean...

Can't try it myself at the moment. It amazes me so much, what some players find in this game.
Great stuff

Last edited:

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
PhKmEIg.gif

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Will this get me to the DLC faster. I'm actually downloading it right now to play the DLC and wasn't sure how much of the game I had to replay.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What happens if you go back into the chapel from there? Do you get to meet real Iosefka?

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Will this get me to the DLC faster. I'm actually downloading it right now to play the DLC and wasn't sure how much of the game I had to replay.

You need to defeat Vicar Amelia and trigger the cutscene after (where you touch the skull) to access the DLC so I don't think this will help.

If you are going for NG+ you can kill the first bosses super quickly so it shouldn't take you that much time anyway.

If you are starting a new playthrough the DLC will be really rough though if you go straight to it.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I remember the one that you had to jump to the other side of the wall from where the big boy roams.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Well, I guess this is the perfect excuse to patch Bloodborne (and include 60 FPS Pro support) right?

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Loved the skip, really opens up the game in term of early weapon of choice and was really disappointed when it got patched out. Glad there's another one now, maybe it's time to replay it.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
I wouldn't think so? The trigger to get the DLC is defeating Vicar Amelia, which is early already as is though.
You need to defeat Vicar Amelia and trigger the cutscene after (where you touch the skull) to access the DLC so I don't think this will help.

If you are going for NG+ you can kill the first bosses super quickly so it shouldn't take you that much time anyway.

If you are starting a new playthrough the DLC will be really rough though if you go straight to it.
Attempting the DLC at low level is madness either way. By the time you unlock it normally you'll still be significantly underleveled iirc.
Alright, thanks. I'll go the NG+ route and just work my way to Vicar.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No, Vicar is fairly easy.
That's not true to everybody in my experience.
Up til recently (currently on my 5th playthrough) she was amongst my hardest, alongside Ebrietas, Orphan of Kos and (Nightmare) Laurence.

Otoh I found Logarius, Ludwig, Rom and Paarl very doable, while I have read they give nightmares to some.

This being said, on my last 2 runs I beat her first try.

Whatislove

Jan 2, 2019
That's not true to everybody in my experience.
Up til recently (currently on my 5th playthrough) she was amongst my hardest, alongside Ebrietas, Orphan of Kos and (Nightmare) Laurence.

Otoh I found Logarius, Ludwig, Rom and Paarl very doable, while I have read they give nightmares to some.

This being said, on my last 2 runs I beat her first try.
Well sure, it wouldn't be a souls game if people didn't have trouble on different bosses. I would say however, on average, Vicar is among the easier half for most people.

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
This is awesome...

What weapons now become much quicker to get with this, so that you can start using something new from very early on?

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Man, I really wish somewhere deep down there there is a miracle PC port in the works (I know I know), seeing that HZD could be announced tomorrow gives me hope that I'll have a chance to replay this masterpiece again :D

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
Damn, looks much easier to do than the patched out skip where they jump over a fence to forbidden woods. Wild for speedrunners and right at the start as well, so that means easy resets.

Doubt it's even going to get patched with it being found so late into the games lifespan.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Oooomg this is such a good skip. Love seeing the execution of stuff like this. Jumping down to that courtyard has been an attempted skip that's been successful on multiple different patches but this is both the best skip yet and obviously possible on the current patch.

You love to see it.