• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Game of all-time.
I'm quite jealous of people who get to play it for first time, I wish I could have my memories erased just to experience it again.

Oct 25, 2017
Let's get those tips for the rookies going!

1. It is sometimes better to dodge toward and through the enemy instead of away from them.
2. Master the parry/visceral combo as soon as possible. You don't need to rely on it but it is very useful in combat.
3. Explore. Explore. Explore. The level design encourages it and you will benefit quite a bit from it in more ways than one.
4. Don't be hesitant to just run pass enemies. You can always backtrack after you've got your bearings.

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
One of the best games this generation if not ever for me.
I want to play through it again to properly play the DLC (I never got through it when I entered it at NG+, got my ass kicked at the first boss)

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Already going to watched threads :) Happy to see people fall in love with the Best Game Of All Time

Oct 27, 2017
I finished this game when it first came out and i'm excited as hell to play this all over again!!!! Great idea making this thread.

I'm only hoping that this being one of the PS + games for March is a subtle hint that a sequel will be announced at E3 in a few months!!!!

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED IF YOU DIE

And don't completely buy into this "get gud" crap

I mean, some of it is true, but if you get your ass handed to you and you're struggling to get through a section, don't hesitate to look up video guides for tips and such. EpicNameBro's Bloodborne walkthrough is perfect for that.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's get those tips for the rookies going!

1. It is sometimes better to dodge toward and through the enemy instead of away from them.
2. Master the parry/visceral combo as soon as possible. You don't need to rely on it but it is very useful in combat.
3. Explore. Explore. Explore. The level design encourages it and you will benefit quite a bit from it in more ways than one.
4. Don't be hesitant to just run pass enemies. You can always backtrack after you've got your bearings.
A BIG POINTER FOR NUMBER 2, do NOT choose the Pistol as your starter. Go for Blunderbuss.

Pistol is pure damage with a lessened chance of parry, Blunderbuss trades damage for a guaranteed parry up close.

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The greatest SP experience of my life.

The DLC is worth every red cent folks . Don't hold your breath for a sale on it. Never happens so just pony up and enjoy the best this game has to offer with Ludwig and Kos.

I suggest to new players to use the Saw as your weapon the whole game. Rarely need to change it to it's big long variant.

Axe is also a good alternate.

Both will take you far.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
A BIG POINTER FOR NUMBER 2, do NOT choose the Pistol as your starter. Go for Blunderbuss.

Pistol is pure damage with a lessened chance of parry, Blunderbuss trades damage for a guaranteed parry up close.

The pistol fires faster than the Buss, making it easier to time parries for some people (like me :p)

Basically Blunderbuss = more range. Pistol = faster shoot.

Damage is irrelevant on both unless you are a Bloodtinge build.

Deleted member 15538

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't be afraid to dodge/roll into a boss, it goes against your instinct but it's mostly the key to victory!

Dec 6, 2017
US

Listen to this poster!!!!

latest

Btw, that parry triggered sound is so stupidly satisfying, I like doing it already just for that "fuck yeah" moment. And gun parrying bosses is the coolest shit ever.

Caja 117

Oct 25, 2017
I think once Im done with a coulple of games i will revisit Bloodborne, nice to see ill have an OT to visit!

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
I would like to create a new character and play through the game again + the DLC in honor of Marchs PS+ offering.

Perhaps main game co-op and PvP will pick up again.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The greatest SP experience of my life.

The DLC is worth every red cent folks . Don't hold your breath for a sale on it. Never happens so just pony up and enjoy the best this game has to offer with Ludwig and Kos.

I suggest to new players to use the Saw as your weapon the whole game. Rarely need to change it to it's big long variant.

Axe is also a good alternate.

Both will take you far.
^^^^

There is a boss in the DLC who is possibly by far the coolest
female character
in gaming.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Tip: Don't equip the Hand Lantern, it gives you much lower stamina regeneration. Just use a Torch when needed.

SoldnerKei

Oct 26, 2017
Chikage build is still my favorite build, but that's because I am a filthy weeab who likes his edgy katana

tip for newcomers:
- play co-op, is really fun to play with friends, even randoms
- get the Hunter Set for style points
- buy the DLC
- listen to the OST oftenly
- be nice to the Doll

Oct 30, 2017
I wonder if releasing one of the best games of all time on PS+ could coincide with the new game FROM SOFTWARE teased a while ago.

dred

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone looking to do a repeat run, I highly recommend a build specced around the Bloodtinge stat. It's very unorthodox and may seem odd because it's generally viewed as a stat for increasing gun damage but when paired with the Chikage (basically a gorgeous katana) and Evelyn (gun) you can really pump out the damage.

latest

Alternatively, if you're planning on playing the DLC for the first time I'd recommend trying a hybrid Strength/Arcane build. This will allow you to use the Holy Moonlight Sword to its full potential as it scales with both of these stats quite well.

latest

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
If there was one game I could erase from my memory just so I can experience it new again it's undoubtedly Bloodborne. So good.

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
Great game - looking forward to playing with and helping out a bunch of new folk.

Best tip - always spend extra echoes on vials, particularly at the start!

Deleted member 11262

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My GOAT, undoubtedly.
I didn't play it for like 2 years, because I became grossly oversaturated with anything Bloodborne unfortunately. I just played it too fucking much due to my unbelievably dumb motivation of doing the Milquetoast Challenge for like 200 hours.

So you can imagine that I played the first hours of this game like 60 to 70 times...LOL
I'll try it though, I hope it works.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Think it might finally be time to come back to Yharnam. Played it a shit ton before the DLC came out and kinda OD'd. But I'm sure multiplayer will be active since the game is free this month

I haven't played it since I got my PS4 pro, are there any enhancements?

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am going to be new to this game after procrastinating on it the past 3 years and I am ready to die over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
It's the greatest game of all time. M brother has my copy so I might just download this free thing to play it again.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Game of the generation, potential top 10 game all time. I'm in for another playthrough.

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
I abandoned it before but I can't wait to jump back in. I did overcome Shadow of Yharnam, but I seriously don't know if I have that in me anymore lol. Maybe I just got lucky back then. I know there's room for improvement and that I need to understand the weapons and the upgrade system better.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
I got the platinum trophy for Bloodborne back in January, so I'll try to pop in and help answer questions for people who are new to the game. I can throw out a few tips real quick for those jumping in,

• You won't be able to level up until you get one insight. This is gained from meeting a boss or picking up and consuming a madman's knowledge. I wouldn't mess with enemies and try to avoid them until you find one of these things.
  • If you see a window to a house lit up or a red lantern outside it, then there is a npc voice you can talk to. This can sometimes be just lore, or a side quest. ;)
  • When you first start you won't have weapons, but when you arrive at the hunter's dream for the first time upon death, there will be little puddles with messengers behind the doll. Each on of these will ask you to chose your starter weapon and your type of parry gun. I know some will ask why this is tip, but I've heard that some people didn't know this is where you get your weapons.
  • Finally, and this is for those that have played the dark souls games, there are no hidden pathways blocked by a imaginary wall in the main game. This tip is just so you'll save time from running around hitting walls that look like they may hold a secret. There is however some imaginary walls in the chalice dungeons, but I wouldn't worry about that stuff until you're almost done with the game.
I hope you enjoy the game new hunters. The night is long and beasts thirst for blood. However, while you need that blood to grow stronger, remember to fear the old blood. ;)

Last edited:

zarnold56

Oct 27, 2017
So can you play most of this game co-op with a friend? I beat it when it came out, but some friends are getting this now. Do trophies pop for both players on a play through if they co-op?

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I am going to be new to this game after procrastinating on it the past 3 years and I am ready to die over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
Yesssss. Don't be afraid to look up hints and play through a if you eat stuck. The beginning of the game is kinda the hardest part.

Dec 6, 2017
US
A farming tip for newbies:

Beat the boss, then offer co-op help for said boss. Reap juicy rewards and gain nice practice along the way.

Raven117

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For anyone looking to do a repeat run, I highly recommend a build specced around the Bloodtinge stat. It's very unorthodox and may seem odd because it's generally viewed as a stat for increasing gun damage but when paired with the Chikage (basically a gorgeous katana) and Evelyn (gun) you can really pump out the damage.

latest

Alternatively, if you're planning on playing the DLC for the first time I'd recommend trying a hybrid Strength/Arcane build. This will allow you to use the Holy Moonlight Sword to its full potential as it scales with both of these stats quite well.

latest
I did the Chikage/Bloodtinge build for my first play through. It is indeed glorious, but perhpas not as user friendly as the Strength Builds.

Hong

Oct 30, 2017
So the last time I played this game was in 2015. I sold it, but now I've been wanting to play it again, especially the DLC.

What do you guys advise:
1. Create a new character, play the game again from start to finish with the DLC.
2. Continue from my 2015 save and play the DLC only.
3. NG+ on 2015 save and play from start to finish with the DLC.

L Corleone

Oct 27, 2017
Got this on release but only played up to the first boss, looking forward to jumping back in this and actually progressing this time, especially after thoroughly enjoying DS3.

Deleted member 3058

Oct 25, 2017
My advice for new players:
  • Use the Threaded Cane and spec out your character in the SKILL stat
  • Don't worry about losing blood echoes when you die. Don't let the game stress you out. Later bad guys will be dropping those by the thousands, anyway.
  • Play at your own pace
  • The first few areas in the game I would practice until I could reliably 100% clear them while chatting with other folks. It's oddly calming
  • Enjoy the boss fights. In general, I don't use a single consumable item in a boss fight until I manage to get the boss down to ~40% HP. Learn their moves. Play them solo. But--I'm a pretty low stress guy.
    • If a boss is stressing you out then you should help out other people to kill the boss. After doing that a few times call in some random friends and have them help you out.