• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Listen to this poster!!!!

latest

Btw, that parry triggered sound is so stupidly satisfying, I like doing it already just for that "fuck yeah" moment. And gun parrying bosses is the coolest shit ever.

You deal peanuts to that particular enemy without parrying, so it's absolutely important that you master this

Goonie

Oct 26, 2017
Think it might finally be time to come back to Yharnam. Played it a shit ton before the DLC came out and kinda OD'd. But I'm sure multiplayer will be active since the game is free this month

I haven't played it since I got my PS4 pro, are there any enhancements?
Not sure if there's a pro patch now, but boost mode helps the framerate a lot!

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
So can you play most of this game co-op with a friend? I beat it when it came out, but some friends are getting this now. Do trophies pop for both players on a play through if they co-op?

Yes, pretty much anyone can do co-op through the game. The only thing is that the player summoning will have to spend one insight to open their world to other hunters. If you are playing only with a friend then I would recommend setting a password so that they would only be allowed to join if they have said password. I've never used this feature, but a quick google search should yield results on how to do it.

Edit: here is a decent article explaining online co-op in Bloodborne,
https://www.videogamer.com/guides/how-to-play-bloodborne-online-co-op-with-friends

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Last edited:

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, for new players is better to invest in SKILL AND STRENGHT. A lot of weapons scale well with both, even SKL oriented weapons like Burial Blade, due to the first softcap being at 25 and having big returns. Basically, any weapon with D or higher letter will give better returns to damage till 25 than an A rank from 25 to 50.

Dec 6, 2017
US
This is always good - also helps you relax a little and take in a bit more of the boss, as you're not panicking quite as much!

This as well. Since your currency isn't on the line, you learn to relax and study patterns, which translates into actual in-game strategies. At least it did for me.

You deal peanuts to that particular enemy without parrying, so it's absolutely important that you master this

The risk vs. reward balance in Bloodborne is actually very well balanced and worth it compared to many games that offer a parry system. You can fuck up some bosses completely with 4 or so parries instead of like 150 R1 strikes.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Tips for people who dislike going through the same level after dying to a boss:

- Open shortcuts. Almost every area has a shortcut or two near the boss room.
- If you cleared the area once and reached the boss, you could just run past the enemies. It's not hard to do and you will reach most bosses in less than a minute.

Bloodborne is my first Souls game and I would say the first 2-3 area were the hardest for me levels and bosses wise, everything became easier later on, so don't get frustrated thinking "oh if I'm struggling with the beginning area I'm not going to be able to play the latter areas".

dred

Oct 27, 2017
So the last time I played this game was in 2015. I sold it, but now I've been wanting to play it again, especially the DLC.

What do you guys advise:
1. Create a new character, play the game again from start to finish with the DLC.
2. Continue from my 2015 save and play the DLC only.
3. NG+ on 2015 save and play from start to finish with the DLC.
I'd suggest #1. The game is really not too long once you know what you're doing so it shouldn't be tough to get back to where you were, and it'll be a good refresher for the relatively tough DLC. It'll also give you the ability to play around with a different build than the one you went with initially. The DLC is balanced really well for a NG playthrough so I'd advise going that route over NG+.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I've actually been playing the Old Hunters DLC recently as I bought it around Christmas and dear lord.

Lady Maria was peak Bloodborne.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Shit. I guess I'm gonna hop back into this game for another playthrough. I was waiting on a possible PS4 Pro patch but I guess I can safely say that is never gonna happen. Ah well.

SecretCharacter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado Springs, CO
I picked this up during the holiday sale and I've been enjoying it a significant amount.

Here are some of my tips:
- Learn your weapons moveset. Your dash attack may be poor, but your transformation attack may be awesome. It all depends on your weapon choice.
- Parry. There are some enemies and bosses you'll never really beat without learning how to do this. (I'm looking at you, Bloody Crow of Cainhurst.)
- Not everybody you meet in the game will be an enemy. Don't just attack everything because it's there. Some NPCs have very worthwhile quests.
- Some equipment you might see in the shops are expensive, but it's worth it to invest in some cases.

Nov 1, 2017
I might re-play this to focus on the online component. I finished my playthrough offline as I was new to Souls games at the time.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I agree that learning to parry is important but there's no need to say some enemies and bosses are almost unbeatable without it. You can beat everything in this game without shooting once.

If someone can't just get the timing of parries after practicing it he sould not worry.

Dec 6, 2017
US
I assume it's been a thing in past OTs, but who'd be into starting a NG simultaneously, rushing to the sinister bell and PvP-ing?

Don't know when I'd personally have time right now, but just throwing it out there.

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Ah, this game. What a masterpiece.

I don't even know how many hours, across 5 characters, I have.
Will definitely make a 6th one when it hits PS+ to play along with all the first timers, and dust off my Platinum theme :)

If I could only wipe my memories and re-experience the whole thing....

Oct 25, 2017
I agree that learning to parry is important but there's no need to say some enemies and bosses are almost unbeatable without it. You can beat everything in this game without shooting once.

If someone can't just get the timing of parries after practicing it he sould not worry.
Parrying the street sharks out of their ground slide attack is bliss.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Few tips...
  • Inspect the surroundings to find shortcuts and items, and read through all what's been presented to you.
  • Use Pebbles to lure the enemies away from the herd.
  • Practise parrying with gun, it'll make things much easier in the long run. The large brick-carrying trolls are good for practise.
  • Use all spare echoes from levelling up to gather Blood Vials.
  • You can find 8 Bloodstone Shards and Hunter armor set in the first area. The former can be used to upgrade your weapon, and you can also buy the armor set from the Bath Messengers in the Hunter's Dream.
I found this beginner guide for choosing class and weapons helpful when I started the game:
http://www.craveonline.com/site/837...build-bloodborne-origin-class-skill-effective

You only need to concentrate on three stats on your first playthrough, Vitality, Endurance, and Skill/Strength. The latter depending on what weapon you choose. I chose Threaded Cane and Blunderbuss myself, and platinumed the game with that setup.

EDIT: I also found it handy to use the touchpad menu for items like Antidote and Sedative. That way you don't have to scroll though the other inventory, when you're in a dire need of them.

Last edited:

SpartacusMD

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone explain to me how I should start this game? I've beaten it once ago long time ago should I start a new game plus mode or should I just make an entirely new game? What does the new game plus mode do anyways? If I should start from scratch, what are the best character builds? By best i mean coolest/most fun. I want to have a different play through this time.