• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Fought Ludwig a dozen times or so. Summary of how it went:

tumblr_o23o2h9Ugk1rqznbco1_400.jpg

Better get back to the main game and level up some more, because this is going nowhere.

I did like going to Paarl afterwards (completely forgot he was still alive), eating a Beast Blood Pellet and killing him in 30 seconds.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
lmao, I know that feeling. Ludwig was where I gave up on my last BL4 run. I couldn't be bothered to put the time in, but after Sekiro, I'm thinking maybe I can(?!)

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Well I started a new playthrough. Chikage was a letdown and the only other Bloodtinge weapon required me to finish most of the DLC, so I decided to do a quality build instead.

lmao, I know that feeling. Ludwig was where I gave up on my last BL4 run. I couldn't be bothered to put the time in, but after Sekiro, I'm thinking maybe I can(?!)
And after Ludwig you still have Orphan of Kos. I watched ymfah's BL4 run and he needed about 470 (!) attempts to kill the latter.

Nothing but respect to people who manage it.

The thing about Soulsborne games is I always underestimate the difference your SL/BL can make, Vigor and Endurance in particular. Having stamina to spare after multiple dodges, or being able to survive three successive hits instead of two really is a game changer for some boss fights.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Getting back into Bloodborne after a few years. Anyone know any fun but challenging dungeons to play through with friends ?

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Started my second run after 3 years. Can finally hit the dlc and stuff too. Amazing how easy this game is after sekiro and all that. Beat nearly everybody's on my first try. Only Logarius beat me a couple of times cos I forgot about doing enough DMG to stop him getting immune to parry Just beat Rom. Prob hit the dlc soon.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
Question on Nightmare of Mensis:

There's a particular area where an elevator takes you a long distance down to a completely grey, foggy area. All I see are a few notes (two of which say to take a step forward), but nothing else. I'm not sure what I need to do here. Do I need to equip a certain item? Thanks.

To be clear, the elevator is shortly after spawning at the Mergo's Loft lamp. It's right after a thin bridge connects two areas where a bunch of attendants are.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Question on Nightmare of Mensis:

There's a particular area where an elevator takes you a long distance down to a completely grey, foggy area. All I see are a few notes (two of which say to take a step forward), but nothing else. I'm not sure what I need to do here. Do I need to equip a certain item? Thanks.

To be clear, the elevator is shortly after spawning at the Mergo's Loft lamp. It's right after a thin bridge connects two areas where a bunch of attendants are.
If you...
Make the Brain of Mensis fall into the abyss, he will be down there. Then you can use the "make contact" gesture to get one of the better runes of the game.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
So how tough is the Platinum? I never go for trophies in games, but after getting the Platinum for MK11, and returning to BB, I realize I'm close to it.

I've beaten the game 3 times, and it looks like I just need 3 more trophies to hit the Platinum.
• Acquire all special hunter tools
• Acquire all hunter weapons
• Defeat Yharnam, Blood Queen of the Old Labyrinth.

It's been awhile since I've played it, I'm guessing at this point it's just mainly clearing out the Chalice Dungeons? And do the hunter tools/hunter weapons all need to be in one playthrough (I'm guessing yes), which means I may need to run through NG+

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Yes, you have to do the chalice dungeons for the trophy in your spoiler. That's the one that's gonna take you some time. If you haven't been doing them, it's going to be boringly easy for a few hours, then it will ramp up pretty good.

The other two, you don't need it to be in all one playthrough. Just figure out what you haven't yet found, and then use a guide to find them. If you have the DLC, you must collect the DLC weapons too (hope you like giant Shark monsters).

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Hardest trophy by far is the one you spoiler-tagged, since it involves doing the "main quest" through the chalice dungeon, and there's one dungeon in particular that can be quite challenging.

The other two should be no problem.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, you have to do the chalice dungeons for the trophy in your spoiler. That's the one that's gonna take you some time. If you haven't been doing them, it's going to be boringly easy for a few hours, then it will ramp up pretty good.

The other two, you don't need it to be in all one playthrough. Just figure out what you haven't yet found, and then use a guide to find them. If you have the DLC, you must collect the DLC weapons too (hope you like giant Shark monsters).
Hardest trophy by far is the one you spoiler-tagged, since it involves doing the "main quest" through the chalice dungeon, and there's one dungeon in particular that can be quite challenging.

The other two should be no problem.

Ok, thanks! Checking it out before I left for work this morning, I was last doing the Hintertomb chalice. In my inventory I have a Lower Pthumeru and a Great Isz chalice. I wish there was a way to check which ones I've already completed.

I know I had a good number of weapons sans the beast claw. I'll load all my profiles to see which weapons/hunter tools I'm missing and tackle that alongside the dungeons. I'll probably have to playthrough a NG+ to gather the last of the missing weapons/tools.

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, thanks! Checking it out before I left for work this morning, I was last doing the Hintertomb chalice. In my inventory I have a Lower Pthumeru and a Great Isz chalice. I wish there was a way to check which ones I've already completed.

I know I had a good number of weapons sans the beast claw. I'll load all my profiles to see which weapons/hunter tools I'm missing and tackle that alongside the dungeons. I'll probably have to playthrough a NG+ to gather the last of the missing weapons/tools.

I would imagine you're missing Beast Claw and Gehrman's Scythe.

Lower Pthumeru would be the next to tackle. Great Isz is optional if you don't do an NG+ run which would net the other two Red Jelly required.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Dlc ain't too hard really. I did it on a NG and not a NG+ though so that prob helped immensely .On average i beat most bosses on my 3rd try. Almost beat Maria first time. Got her the second easily enough . Few mistakes but was an epic fight. Only 2 more to go and that's me done I think

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Dlc ain't too hard really. I did it on a NG and not a NG+ though so that prob helped immensely .On average i beat most bosses on my 3rd try. Almost beat Maria first time. Got her the second easily enough . Few mistakes but was an epic fight. Only 2 more to go and that's me done I think
Beating Orphan of Kos in 3 tries is quite an accomplishment.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Somehow I got super good RNG in the Lawrence fight (as well as the overpowered Whirlgig Saw) and I managed to beat him on my first try. 😳

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I defeated OoK after 26 tries. Ludwig after 20, but I actually consider him the harder boss of the two. Maria on the other hand was fairly easy (3 tries) but also more fun to fight than OoK and Ludwig combined.

Nov 4, 2017
So how tough is the Platinum? I never go for trophies in games, but after getting the Platinum for MK11, and returning to BB, I realize I'm close to it.

I've beaten the game 3 times, and it looks like I just need 3 more trophies to hit the Platinum.
• Acquire all special hunter tools
• Acquire all hunter weapons
• Defeat Yharnam, Blood Queen of the Old Labyrinth.

It's been awhile since I've played it, I'm guessing at this point it's just mainly clearing out the Chalice Dungeons? And do the hunter tools/hunter weapons all need to be in one playthrough (I'm guessing yes), which means I may need to run through NG+
Bloodborne was my first and favourite platinum. It's a heck of a ride and a great example of how trophies should be done IMO (e.g. I hate trophies that require finishing a game on max difficulty of in a set time limit).

Getting the spoilered trophy can indeed be difficult and time consuming, but it's one hell of a rush. The particular boss isn't that hard IMO, but a couple along the way to that fight are brutal. Enjoy!

Subomie

Feb 16, 2019
I maintain Bloodborne DLC bosses are still the hardest thing I've ever done in a videogame.

Pretty sure I came close to 100 deaths between Ludwig, Lawrence and the Orphan on my run. Even Living Failures kicked my ass for a little bit.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the Platinum info. It looks like the weapon trophy needs to be on one character and not spread across (unless I misread a guide).

And it looks like I'm missing a tool from the Nightmare Frontier. All three of my characters are in NG+ so I may need to replay the majority of the game. It's just a pain in the ass trying to figure out which character already has the majority of the tools/weapons.

Edit: Forgot you can buy stuff. Got all the weapons on one character sans the Beast Claw. I'll still need to take that character through NG+ to the Nightmare Frontier, grab the missing tool, then Chalice run.

Last edited:

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
I maintain Bloodborne DLC bosses are still the hardest thing I've ever done in a videogame.

Pretty sure I came close to 100 deaths between Ludwig, Lawrence and the Orphan on my run. Even Living Failures kicked my ass for a little bit.

They are very hard for sure. Ludwig for me, specifically.

However, I feel the Defiled Chalice bosses are harder. As are the DS3 DLC Bosses like Friede, Gael or Midir.

Subomie

Feb 16, 2019
They are very hard for sure. Ludwig for me, specifically.

However, I feel the Defiled Chalice bosses are harder. As are the DS3 DLC Bosses like Friede, Gael or Midir.

I've not yet had the nerve to do any Chalice dungeons beyond the second or third one, but I imagine you're right.

Bloodborne as a whole was a lot more difficult than DS3 for me, but Friede was certainly up there with the likes of Ludwig in terms of death count.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
Excuse my bad mock up but I'm kicking the tires on the idea of adding the radiance emblem to my back (obv with my artists linework not my 3 minute hack job). Yay or nay? Opinions or other thoughts? I've wanted something in the center but just got the inspiration today that radiance might be a solid fit

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
I finally beat orphan of Kos. Took me longer then the rest of the dlc put together I reckon lol. Screw that guy.

100% Done

Last edited:

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Orphan of Kos is a huge pain. It took multiple attempts for me as well. Summon help if anyone attempts him. He's just ridiculous and still the hardest boss in Bloodborne. Heck, even across all the Souls games, still hardest.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Orphan of Kos is a huge pain. It took multiple attempts for me as well. Summon help if anyone attempts him. He's just ridiculous and still the hardest boss in Bloodborne. Heck, even across all the Souls games, still hardest.
First part ain't too bad. It's when he transforms he's so quick. I got to a slither of health on him multiple times and messed up. It is a pain in the ass

Subomie

Feb 16, 2019
Orphan is awful once he gets into phase two. Terrifying even. He's just so aggressive and hits so hard, even trying to get a window to pop a blood vial in is a huge risk.

He had me going back to the Great Bridge lantern and re-stocking vials many times.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I personally think Friede is way harder than OoK, but obviously your mileage may vary. Some people say you just have to backstab her like it is the simplest thing in the world, while I find that almost impossible to do even after 150 - 200 attempts. Orphan of Kos on the other hand I was able to semi-reliably parry after 20 or so attempts.

Great boss, though. He is just so menacing; as if he is a being of pure, unrelenting power and rage. Which contrasts beautifully with the way he longingly looks at the horizon, next to his mother's corpse, every time you enter the boss arena.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Orphan is too vulnerable to gun parries to be the hardest in Bloodborne. Very hard for sure, but the endless HP sponges in the Defiled Chalice dungeon are harder in my opinion, not to mention pretty much everything they do is basically a OHK.

Orphan is a more fun, more dynamic and manageable fight.

Last edited:

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
So I didn't realize the main storyline really is so short if you are going linear so I've been trying to do all the optional areas now too as I was going to far, and sadly missed some early quest things because of how quick you can skip them apparently. So I'm looking to do more Chalice Dungeons, did the first one fully and kinda stuck? I can't seem to get the materials to perform anymore rituals, I need more Ritual Blood (2) and can't find any, and I got tons of mats for other chalice dungeons. So not sure how I'm supposed to do these dungeons, you have to grind the mats somehow?

* Also, how are the Bloodborne comic books? The art for them looks pretty good

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I can't seem to get the materials to perform anymore rituals, I need more Ritual Blood (2) and can't find any, and I got tons of mats for other chalice dungeons. So not sure how I'm supposed to do these dungeons, you have to grind the mats somehow?
Can farm them from enemies and buy them at a certain point.

When you go through the base game and the static (non-root, root = randomized) chalice dungeons you don't need to farm, you come across all the necessary materials just from playing through. You don't have to do all the static dungeons, here's a link with what you have to do to get to the final chalice boss - spoilers as it is the wiki page for the final boss, it does have a list of all the chalice dungeons you need to hit in order to get to the end (under 'Location').

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I played through the first static dungeon, did the three levels and bosses, and dont got enough mats for the next, I must have missed some hidden ritual blood then?

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
You get some materials from the base game too, it's possible you missed those or used them if you did another dungeon of the same type that required those same materials. Check both vendors at the Hunter's Dream to see if you can buy them yet, otherwise farm them.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Yea I've only done the first static dungeon, need a bunch of the ritual blood and neither vendor sells them. I'll have to go back and scour the dungeon levels for any missed items then. Just beat Rom and only done the first static dungeon so I'm kind of behind it seems

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
I didn't complete them all, but whenever I think about the Chalice Dungeons I think about those damn Bell Maidens and the spiders. I'm not looking forward to that when I start my next play through.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
I had one my most rage inducing moments in gaming earlier. Bloodletting beast depth 5, i finally had it down to just one or two more hits after so many attempts, i was full health and it was finally time to put this asshole behind me. It does a fucking punch that one hit kills me.
Ohhhh my god lol.
1xBI.gif

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
That fight would be a ton more fun and manageable if 90% of it didn't consist in staring at hairy beast ass.

It's like fighting animal from the Muppets.

tenor.gif

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
No kidding. Both locked and unlocked you're fighting the camera aswell as the bloodletting prick lol

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Marty Logarius is stumping me. I get through his phase one easy, often without taking a hit, but his phase 2 just wrecks me. I know your supposed to be able to just parry him but my shots constantly miss him. Even when he's just dashing towards me or on the same level, somehow the blundbuss shots just keep flying over his head somehow. Watching peoples videos I don't get whats going on as they have no issue shooting him to launch into the VAT, but seems like 75% of every shot I take somehow flies over his head so he just is constantly on top of me wrecking my face.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
The blunderbuss has a wider shot tange but shorter distance? I don't remember as I only ever use the pistol but maybe that's the problem. Give the pistol a go and see if it's any better.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Marty Logarius is stumping me. I get through his phase one easy, often without taking a hit, but his phase 2 just wrecks me. I know your supposed to be able to just parry him but my shots constantly miss him. Even when he's just dashing towards me or on the same level, somehow the blundbuss shots just keep flying over his head somehow. Watching peoples videos I don't get whats going on as they have no issue shooting him to launch into the VAT, but seems like 75% of every shot I take somehow flies over his head so he just is constantly on top of me wrecking my face.

If you dont do enough damage on the first phase he will be immune to parry. So make sure when he's charging up you give him a good hiding. Then after that he's a piece of piss.

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017

It's pretty much like Footos22 said - if he completes the buff for phase 2 (where he puts his staff in the ground) he also gets a force field like ability that bends bullets around him so he can't be parried. If you can do enough damage to him when he's buffing then he won't be able to buff and the second phase is much easier. The best way is to do a visceral just as he's buffing - it should do enough!

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Logarius was definetly top 3 hardest bosses for me. Sometimes he'd stick his sword into the ground in areas where the roof was slanted in such a way that I just couldn't hit it.

Last edited:

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I never knew that about Logarius. Either I've never noticed or I always get a visceral every time he goes to buff, the former seems more likely as I'm sure I've missed the visceral at least once or twice!

Dance Inferno

Oct 29, 2017
Finally came back and beat Micolash after putting the game down for a year or so. I've been told to avoid fighting any more bosses and to go into the DLC at this point. Is that true? Apparently progressing any more sets stuff on fire or something.

Anyway I've totally forgotten what build I was going for. Looks like primarily a STR/SKL build but I've got BT at 22, so clearly I was trying to level that up. Not sure why. 🤔

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
It's pretty much like Footos22 said - if he completes the buff for phase 2 (where he puts his staff in the ground) he also gets a force field like ability that bends bullets around him so he can't be parried. If you can do enough damage to him when he's buffing then he won't be able to buff and the second phase is much easier. The best way is to do a visceral just as he's buffing - it should do enough!

If you dont do enough damage on the first phase he will be immune to parry. So make sure when he's charging up you give him a good hiding. Then after that he's a piece of piss.

Ah see I was only doing one or two hits then would run away when he did his charge up cause of the explosion that he does when hes done. Didn't know he got a bullet shield and would explain why my shots were magically somehow missing when he was a few feet right in front of me with a blunderbuss