• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

stormfire

Nov 26, 2018

At the dawn of World War II, Rayne has been recruited as an agent for The Brimstone Society – a top secret fraternity that hunts down and destroys supernatural threats to humanity. Rayne embarks on two missions, five years apart, which turn out to be connected by one sinister man who has been searching the world for powerful occult relics to bring about a new age of domination for the Third Reich. In this frenetic and bloody third-person shooter that unleashed the iconic red-headed femme fatale on the world, the dhampir Rayne battles horrific creatures and hordes of soldiers with an array of vampric abilities and powerful weapons. Acrobatically slash and shoot your way through the swamps of Louisiana, the cavernous depths of a mining operation in Argentina, and a ruinous German castle. Experience the origins of Rayne through her first missions for the Brimstone Society in this improved version of the horror-action classic. Features: • The original BloodRayne returns to consoles with upgraded graphics and cinematics. • Get a clear view of every visceral detail of your slaughter in high definition. • Soak in the atmosphere with improved reflections, water, fog, and shadow effects.

Rayne is a dhampir, born from the unnatural union of vampire and human. Her mixed heritage grants her vampiric powers and superior resistance to sunlight and water but curses her with the bloodthirst of a vampire. She has defeated countless monsters both demonic and human but now faces her most personal battle yet. Rayne must hunt down her very own siblings, who have banded together and pledged to carry on their father's legacy of creating a new era of vampire supremacy in which humans are mere cattle. BloodRayne is back with new acrobatic movements, rail sliding, fast-paced blade and gun combat, and fatal finishing moves. Use Rayne's dhampir powers like time dilation to rack up points in the extensive combo system in this brutally satisfying continuation of the iconic series. Features: • The original BloodRayne 2 returns to consoles with upgraded graphics and cinematics. • Get a clear view of every merciless kill in high definition. • Soak in the atmosphere with improved lighting, shadows, textures, and reflections.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Even back then those games were jank galore. Your enjoyment of them highly depends on your tolerance for jank.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
What I remember most about Bloodrayne 2 is it having one of the worst jump animations I've ever seen. It's as if the animator failed the most basic "ball bounce" test.

Telecinision

Aug 22, 2018
Wow, Ziggurat Interactive certainly has a unique portfolio of IPs. Stuff from 3DO, Commodore, CD-i, Amiga ... and then Boy And His Blob & Bloodrayne.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
What the hell, these games came out on Thursday!? Had Ziggurat even announced a release date?

Seems like they quite literally pushed 'em out.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Yeah the PS4 version of 1 is a mess. Constant crashes (made even worse by the lack of checkpoints,) framerate issues, glitched trophies, etc.

James Stephanie's experience matches mine:

And there are reports all over Twitter too. Some people reporting crashes in the exact same places it crashed for me.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've not put too much time into Bloodrayne 1 yet but sad to hear its crashing. Bought both the other day. Probably won't get around to them for awhile so hopefully they get patched lol.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
I knew it was good to be cautious when I only saw enhanced graphics in the PR text.
I'm expecting far more from remakes/remasters.