• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
It came out on the 24th of May.

https://twitter.com/GunvoltOfficial/status/1004196176986562560

https://twitter.com/IntiCreatesEN/status/1004200185608560641

De6uhpuUcAAqUXS.jpg
De6uij1V4AAjJ91.jpg

#1 on the US eShop.
ti3KrWl.png

Even with a totally botched launch! Some backers still don't have their codes and it was delayed on Xbox One and on 3DS in Europe.

The Classicvania thirst is real.

[Mod Edit: Title edited to more accurately reflect the announcement]

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that it seems they had almost no plans for any Nintendo release originally, though I guess they only option was Wii U at that point.

Seems to have been well received

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many are technically double dipping because of the code redemption fuck up?

The Kickstarter has 64k backers. So somewhere between not significant and significant.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Switch is an interesting system, it really is developing it's own software demographics apart from Wii or PS4.

It feels kinda like a GameCube if the GameCube didn't falter out in hardware sales.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, wonder if Ritual of the Night will have similar trends

I know this type of game does really well on Switch, but still, I thought there were more PS fans of the series due to SotN, though admittedly I'm not too familiar with the franchise.

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I bought it on Switch too. Sorry Vita, we had a good run but I got to move on.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't really seem particularly notable considering there at 60k+ backers. Cool game though, particularly great on some of the additional difficulties/modes. I'm sure it will do well.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Look at all that money for Inti-Creates. But is this because it is a great game, or is it also because they sucked so bad at distributing backer codes some people just couldn't wait and bought it again? :thinkingemoji:

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
so 56K on switch, interesting

People in europe don't buy much digital it seems. and capcom release all their game digital only there Lol.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And in just a week or two huh? That's crazy good. Great job Switch owners, giving these amazing games life.

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
At this point, if you are making a not technically demanding game and you skip the Switch, you are leaving money on the table.

I am surprised that Steam was only 19% It felt like a lot of Resetera was playing it on PC.

Ahasverus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colombia
It's a great for fit portable gaming.

I'm loving it on? Ps4. Has beaten it three times and counting. Sologetsu time.

Sales seem a bit low to me though.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I know this type of game does really well on Switch, but still, I thought there were more PS fans of the series due to SotN, though admittedly I'm not too familiar with the franchise.
Well, there was a lot of great SotN-style Castlevania on nintendo portables, so the audience is there.

Mugman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I know most of these types of games have been selling best on Switch, but it's really wild to see the percentages laid out like that. Nintendo really struck it big with this system, and I'm glad.

Also really glad that the game itself is doing well. Definitely my favorite 8-bit styled platformer since Mega Man 9.

Maedhros

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
And in just a week or two huh? That's crazy good. Great job Switch owners, giving these amazing games life.
I don't think Switch has nothing to do with this game being possible at all.

It's thanks to the backers. But it's impressive how well it's being sold on Switch.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting that Switch is number one, and 3DS is tied for last. Wonder how 3DS has been doing software sales-wise since the Switch took off.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
No, this is the spinoff stretch goal game which was planned for 3DS from the beginning.
It was planned for pc/consoles first. The 3DS/Vita ports were the very next stretch goal.
The Wii U was a stretch goal as well but later cancelled cause releasing a game on Wii U in 2018 would be a waste of time and money

SotN is about the only significant title in the series with a distinct non-Nintendo identity. It's a series that has a long, long history on Nintendo hardware and may be just as closely identified with Nintendo as Mega Man. I have no doubt in my mind that RotN is going to be a big hit on the Switch.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not that this is actually SotN style. This is Classicvania style, like the NES and SNES ones. You could argue the audience for that is on Nintendo as well.
I know, but what I mean is that, besides the connection of the series in regards to nintendo systems, the last great games of the series were on nintendo portables so there is a audience that grew up with those games (I was not one of them, was already a bit older when they came out lol, but ofc still love them as with the rest of the series).

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a great for fit portable gaming.

I'm loving it on? Ps4. Has beaten it three times and counting. Sologetsu time.

Sales seem a bit low to me though.

In less than 2 weeks it's already on par with what most Inti games achieve in months. It's certainly a great success for them, and sales are gonna stay solid from here on too with the great word of mouth it's getting everywhere.

Though it absolutely deserves way more than this. Maybe it'll become a million seller at some point, one can dream.

Crissaegrim

May 23, 2018
For people who don't have their console codes, have you checked your backer page where the download codes section is? I had mine today show up under there for NA PS4. Never got an email telling me.

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
I think one reason is because switch e shop has far less game than other platform. so it shine easier than other one that filled with other product.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Maybe Konami will see this success and decide to release Castlevania Chronicles on Switch. Take the X68000 original and the PS1 port, give all assets to M2, let make make something worthy.

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand
I think one reason is because switch e shop has far less game than other platform. so it shine easier than other one that filled with other product.
Did I dream of people in this forum complaining there are too much weekly release on Switch eShop and game discovery became a real problem like last week? Lol