• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/2266944

Hi everyone, IGA here.

There are two important announcements we would like to make in this month's update.

Our first announcement is that the game will now launch in 2019. The most important reason for this is to raise the quality level, especially after all the very valuable feedback from the Beta Backer Demo.

The second announcement is that the game will no longer launch on PlayStation Vita. This decision is largely due to Sony's plans to discontinue the Vita console, ending production of physical copies and stopping certain online store support features.

It is extremely unfortunate, but as a result, we won't be releasing the game on Vita. For the backers who have ordered the PS Vita version of the game, you will be able to choose another platform or request a refund.

That was expected.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/2266944

Hi everyone, IGA here.

There are two important announcements we would like to make in this month's update.

Our first announcement is that the game will now launch in 2019. The most important reason for this is to raise the quality level, especially after all the very valuable feedback from the Beta Backer Demo.

The second announcement is that the game will no longer launch on PlayStation Vita. This decision is largely due to Sony's plans to discontinue the Vita console, ending production of physical copies and stopping certain online store support features.

It is extremely unfortunate, but as a result, we won't be releasing the game on Vita. For the backers who have ordered the PS Vita version of the game, you will be able to choose another platform or request a refund.

This process should be expected through an email that will be sent by Fangamer. It may be troublesome, but please be sure to respond and make the changes. [Note: Vita backers will be receiving an e-mail with additional instructions soon. Vita backers who would like to change platforms can do so now on their survey pages. Vita backers who backed at an unlimited tier and can receive a refund over PayPal can submit a request before 9/20/18 to initiate a manual refund of the affected games.]

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment, but rest assured we are working harder than ever to deliver the game we all made happen together, please bear with us for a little longer and I thank you for your continued support.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The next Mighty Number 9...
Hopefully not as bad, but i've lost most faith in this project....

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
They made the right call. The framerate on that E3 demo looked choppy as all hell. The game needs more time.

Sad for Vita backers though.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
As long as the game is good then I am good.

Saw the Vita cancellation coming from a mile away though

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
I'm surprised the Wii U version also didn't get cancelled.

Edit: Nevermind. This was cancelled earlier it seems. Their campaign still lists Wii U and I got confused.

Galdius

Oct 25, 2017
Sad to read they won't release it for the Vita anymore.
Will have to change for a Switch copy then.

Deleted member 21

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Don't need a Vita version when PS4 Remote Play exists
904272397c9ac80de56eb22ffw.png

And yeah, none of this is really surprising

Leek

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has it been announced which Vita store features are going to be discontinued? That's news to me

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
Fair enough on both accounts, honestly.

Hopefully these delays will amount to a quality game. I'm excited and curse of the moon was very promising, but too many of these Kickstarter resurrection projects fall short.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Shame about the Vita version, but a delay to polish and get the game into better shape isn't a problem at all for me.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
I'm glad they're taking the steps necessary to make the game as good as it can be, but man it sucks that it's now going to be two years past its initial projected date. I think we all knew 2018 was gonna be way more likely than 2017, but still....

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Kinda worried by the "stopping certain online store features" part now. I don't remember hearing anything about this before?

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
Take your time. Keep the Metroidvania renaissance going into the next year.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Sony's plans to discontinue the Vita console, ending production of physical copies and stopping certain online store support features.

Whoa whoa whoa wtf is this? Is the Vita getting PSP'd already? Or maybe this is the name change thing?

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that sucks for Vita backers because there's no logical upgrade path like there was with Wii U -> Switch

but given their reason it's hard to blame them

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The game is already solid, which MN9 never was, but Iga is going for better then just solid.

Curse of the Moon alone is worth more then anyone ever got out of the MN9 project lol
Looks like a generic platformer, with very poor animations, and ugly graphics to me.

Curse of the Moon is also quite short, and it's high quality makes the main game look like trash.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
So, people calling this mighty no. 9 the sequel would rather a game shipped early instead of in the best shape it can be?