• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Daxa

Jan 10, 2018
How easy is it to miss the good ending, and do you have to play it all over again if you don't get it?

Manatron

Feb 6, 2018
How easy is it to miss the good ending, and do you have to play it all over again if you don't get it?
The bad ending just resets you to the last save point you saved at. It's obvious when it happens and then you just need to find a different way to advance. In a sense the bad ending is the only missable one haha.

Last edited:

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
When
The bad ending just resets you to the last save point you saved at. It's obvious when it happens and then you just need to find a different way to advance. In a sense the bad ending is the only missable one haha.
Medium ending is easy to miss. I have to get up to that point in my NG+ file to get it.

chechi

Dec 3, 2018
I would recommend Slay the Spire over this at the moment. It is cheaper, probably has more playtime, is closer to a "final" state (it works with only slight slowdown and hangs at times), and I think is a clear GOTY candidate for me (about ~40+ hours in the last three weeks. Even when it broke and soft-corrupted my main save file before the patch, I switched profiles and started over so I could keep playing).

OK thx a lot - so I guess I'll give Slay the Spire a go, sounds really good!

PS: too bad Fire Emblem isnt out yet...

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Guys, a modder has replaced the backer portraits with FAR superior Kojima art! He even blended them and upscaled a few with AI. MASSIVE improvement to immersion IMO.

There is also another mod too, but this one is better IMO.

Thanks for removing my portrait (kidding)

I'll install it, it will make for a nice homage. I have seen my fellow backers more than 50 hours, they sure won't mind if i do, they are people of good taste obviously since they backed the game in the first place :)

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
In a game with pizza made out of 4 doughs, glasses that zoom the camera, and ladies with flaming guitars, just to name a small amount of goofy things, that the portraits are what break people's immersion is incredibly odd to me, but you do you to make yourself happy.

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Guys, a modder has replaced the backer portraits with FAR superior Kojima art! He even blended them and upscaled a few with AI. MASSIVE improvement to immersion IMO.

There is also another mod too, but this one is better IMO.

I get what they're going for, but to me walking past familiar Castlevania artwork is way more immersion breaking than the original portraits.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I pretty quickly decided that blowing up the bosses with maxed out shard abilities wouldn't be that interesting for my Nightmare playthrough.

Yeah I plan on doing a fresh second playthrough with no attack shards/gun melee only weapon only From some of the stuff Ive seen boses get some pretty crazy paterns

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
In a game with pizza made out of 4 doughs, glasses that zoom the camera, and ladies with flaming guitars, just to name a small amount of goofy things, that the portraits are what break people's immersion is incredibly odd to me, but you do you to make yourself happy.
Basically, lol

I would've thought the realistic looking giant dogs and cats emerging out of portals for whatever reason would've been the sticking point for people, but what do I know?

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
I pretty quickly decided that blowing up the bosses with maxed out shard abilities wouldn't be that interesting for my Nightmare playthrough.

That guard technique is perfect for that fight, holy shit. There must be a hard counter to every boss fight but a couple such as this I was not able to find in any of my experimenting.

Yeah I plan on doing a fresh second playthrough with no attack shards/gun melee only weapon only From some of the stuff Ive seen boses get some pretty crazy paterns

Join me in a fight stick run. Pretty much forced to remove directional shards from the game as no right analog.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Basically, lol

I would've thought the realistic looking giant dogs and cats emerging out of portals for whatever reason would've been the sticking point for people, but what do I know?

Yeah, I thought the backer portraits were quite tasteful. Haunted pictures are pretty staple enemies for this yep of game. I thought the style was well done to not look super out for place.

I'm surprised that I never saw the cat one though?

On a completely separate note, I'm in what I believe to be the final area of the game Den of Behemoths, and oh man it's a total let down. It's a little bit amusing, but there's no real complexity to the layout and that they didn't do more with an idea that could have been creative makes it feel like they had no time to work on this part.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why can't I dismantle the ayamur I got ? I want the gold it gives. I need to find the recipe first ? If so where ?

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
I mean when you are jumping you dont need to aim with the right stick you can use the dpad while airborn :P
I did say pretty much! I need to test if you can use the directional ray thing well enough. Might be a road block. One of my sticks lets you flip the joystick to right analog though so that would probably do it.

oh god, swimming is going to be even more ass. ugh.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
This seems like a silly question but what does shadow tracer actually do? It definitely isn't damaging enemies (or isn't popping up damage numbers anyway), and I've yet to encounter a secret or point of progression that needed it either.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've started to get sucked into this game now. While the gameplay can't compete with Hollow Knight, I do think I prefer the general atmosphere a lot more.

Oct 25, 2017
Wait so this game is actually good? Imma eat crow on this one, I didn't have faith.
I don't think many of us did. Development was clearly very rocky but it seems they truly did steer the ship right in the end.

It's all relative, and Bloodstained is significantly worse about it. Like, there's nothing in any other igavania anywhere near as broken as tiz rozain or heretical grinder.

Oh you sweet summer child :D

(Though I'm sure even more broken stuff will be discovered in Bloodstained down the road)

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
So I saw that the 1.02 Xbone patch was delayed so they could fix the progression issue, and instead they're doing a small 1.004 patch this week. Does anyone know if this patch will add the Imbued items as drops from the optional bosses? I'd really like to finish my weapons list and get me a Rhava Velar.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I can't think of anything as broken as the Alucard Shield and Shield Rod combo in any other Igavania game honestly.

Yeah, SotN is incredibly busted. I don't recall anything that powerful in other igavanias, but I also don't recall ever really having difficulty at all with the games outside of OoE (and this one tbh).

Deleted member 19702

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Your post is basically as clueless as someone saying "Switch can run BOTW how can it not run this properly?!" not taking into account the engine being used.

UE4 has a history of being demanding on Switch, indie title or not, no matter how you believe a game shouldn't ask much ressources from a system because it's 'indie'. Check the list of UE4 games on Switch. From memory, only Yoshi runs at a solid 60, and that's with heavy sacrifices resolution-wise and this is all 1st party, so imagine dealing with this as a small studio.

I mean, the game can be better optimized than this, but don't expect too much outside of perhaps suppressing the input delay and ironing out crashes.

Huh? Games like DBFZ, Octopath Traveler, My Hero: One Justice, Hellblade and Travis Strikes Again all run at solid performances and aren't as compromised as Bloodstrained is. Blaming the UE4 engine for this is not a valid excuse, they just made a poor version and let's hope they fix the issues ASAP.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The gameplay is everything I was hoping for. But some people do seem disappointed because of underwhelming story/presentation, although I think both are okay.
I frankly don't care about story/presentation nearly as much when the actual game is as good as it is. The game itself is excellent. It's just what I wanted as a backer.

Oct 28, 2017

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Huh? Games like DBFZ, Octopath Traveler, My Hero: One Justice, Hellblade and Travis Strikes Again all run at solid performances and aren't as compromised as Bloodstrained is. Blaming the UE4 engine for this is not a valid excuse, they just made a poor version and let's hope they fix the issues ASAP.
All of those are from big companies with loads of money, except TSA which is (was?) a Switch exclusive so all the budget could go toward it. Same with Octopath at the time as well, as it were.

By comparison, Bloodstained Switch was added more than halfway through development and is being handled internally when the original plan was to have another studio handle the stretch goal ports, which surely strained their already limited budget and time further. It got two years' fewer development time, of course it's not up to par yet. They've committed to improving it, and seeing how seriously they take criticism (poop vs. new graphics trailer, anyone?) I'm sure they'll make due on their promise.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's obscurity next to the fact that it requires the best shield in the game makes it pretty insignificant IMO.

Being able to break the game really easily is decidedly different.
The beauty of these games is that it's very easy to create self-imposed challenges if you feel like it. You just don't use the stuff that trivializes the game. I personally enjoy feeling incredibly broken in a game like this, especially when it feels very tight to play. Once I get bored of that I know there are a plethora of other more challenging options even without having to select a higher difficulty. To each their own I suppose, but to me this is a major pro.

Deleted member 19702

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All of those are from big companies with loads of money, except TSA which is (was?) a Switch exclusive so all the budget could go toward it. Same with Octopath at the time as well, as it were.

By comparison, Bloodstained Switch was added more than halfway through development and is being handled internally when the original plan was to have another studio handle the stretch goal ports, which surely strained their already limited budget and time further. It got two years' fewer development time, of course it's not up to par yet. They've committed to improving it, and seeing how seriously they take criticism (poop vs. new graphics trailer, anyone?) I'm sure they'll make due on their promise.

Yep, I agree with most of your points and they're all true, and many of them indicates there was poor management of the Switch version. It's not like the UE4 engine is the blame to begin with as the previous post suggests.