• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Huh? Games like DBFZ, Octopath Traveler, My Hero: One Justice, Hellblade and Travis Strikes Again all run at solid performances and aren't as compromised as Bloodstrained is. Blaming the UE4 engine for this is not a valid excuse, they just made a poor version and let's hope they fix the issues ASAP.
UE4 is certainly a partial factor. Games like Hellblade run "well" because they very aggressive dynamic resolution, i.e. they drop into the 300p and 400p ranges at times. Yoshi's Crafted World is the same way. Not that this game shouldn't run better, but people should also be realistic with their expectations based on what we have seen of performance with other UE4 games on the system.

Deleted member 19702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
UE4 is certainly a partial factor. Games like Hellblade run "well" because they very aggressive dynamic resolution, i.e. they drop into the 300p and 400p ranges at times. Yoshi's Crafted World is the same way. Not that this game shouldn't run better, but people should also be realistic with their expectations based on what we have seen of performance with other UE4 games on the system.

No one is realistic expecting performance parity to PS4/XBO versions because that's impossible, but this doesn't means they can't run well on Switch, despite the technical feat used for. Some people here seems to be using this as a breach to downplay Switch, thus blind eye to how underwhelming this version turned out, even worst if by saying this you're going to the "lazy dev" rethoric. The problem is: Bloodstrained for Switch wasn't a good version and 505 Games knows that. Let's hope they improve the performance with further patches.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Taking the time to really listen to the whole OST a few times, while it's not SotN level (few are), it's growing on me enough to be considered one of the best OSTs from the Igavania selection.
It's one of the more consistent for sure, I just wish it had one or two tracks I really loved to put it over the top, like it might be better on the whole than Eclessia's OST but that game also has Jaws of a Scorched Earth so it's not that simple!

Merton

Oct 25, 2017
Their twitter apology was kind of bullshit to me. So they put out 1.01 hoping it'd fix issues, knowing QA had issues. Did no one in QA go, "Hey uh guys, this isn't running properly"? It was rushed out the door to be within the same week as the others, not sure how they didn't expect an angry mob. I mean good for them, people, like me, want to play their game, but come on. That apology was HR.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
I honestly am waiting for a balance pass. I don't have time to play atm anyway. Way too many broken things. I GET it people like to walk through these games, but they need to make higher difficulties matter IMHO.

I've never seen so many on reddit and steam defend broken balance. Like, bro, I know people like it, but how can they not understand that people want a challenge that is not totally self-induced?

They need to make some changes to this game. I felt that way in a lot of Iga games, but they never could patch much. They have the stats and can patch now. No reason not to patch some of the obscenely broken stuff.
The frustrating part is that they're just defending the status quo. If it had been released with better balance they'd be defending that, and if it gets patched in the future they'll be praising it for improved balance.

The people defending it are just reacting based off of inability to process criticism towards something they like.

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Just installed update 1.03 and I've noticed opened chests being close again.

The reason why I didn't install 1.02 was because of that mess.

What kind of clusterfuck. I hope I didn't break my game by installing 1.03.

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Green ones as well. And max up items as well. Or do they regenerate?

I jumped from 1.00 to 1.03.

My map now has these stars symbols showing people. I had to save this guy with a waystone. I did it in version 1.00. Now the star is on that location where he was wounded. But he's not there. He's not anywhere.

This is very annoying. Already spent 5 hours on this game.

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Ps4.

I didn't want to update to 1.02 since that one seemed bugged as hell.
1.03 seems to be just as bad.

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
My PS4 just downloaded an update. I wonder if they're going to nerf more stuff like in 1.02 or if its just bug fixes. I can't find any patch notes.

I'm glad I got the platinum and level 99 already. I don't even care what happens until the DLC comes out.

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
There's your mistake, if you went far on 1.00 you should've played on this version the whole way.

Why should that be my mistake? The dev is doing a shitty job updating this game.

1.00 was bad by itself because items didn't register. I didn't want to continue that way. So I had hoped 1.03 to fix the chest and items bugs.

The only mistake is releasing this game in this state. Or are we supposed to start a new game after every new update? Fuk this shhit.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Why should that be my mistake? The dev is doing a shitty job updating this game.
They issued an update saying pre-1.02 saves will be broken and they do not have a way to fix it without starting a new save. Sucks you didn't see it, no doubt, but they did address it directly.

We have been investigating the PS4/Xbox One issue that is blocking player progress in the game. We apologize for this bug and thank you for your patience while we investigated. The issue occurs when a new game is started before downloading the 1.02 update. After the update, treasure chests will appear in the incorrect open/closed state. Without the items from these chests, progress is blocked. Players affected by this bug will be required to restart the game with a new save in order to properly progress. We investigated a number of options to address this issue and each fix requires a new game to be started. Despite our efforts to provide a fix that preserves pre-1.02 progress, this is the best solution to avoid future issues.

Sevyne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I understand that you're frustrated with the situation, but they've already said that they have no fix for this. This means that if you are on a save file made before 1.02 any patch after that is going to bug your chests. This is exactly why they told people that starting over was the only fix. Yes it sucks, but it was made clear that waiting it out wasn't going to help any.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
The frustrating part is that they're just defending the status quo. If it had been released with better balance they'd be defending that, and if it gets patched in the future they'll be praising it for improved balance.

The people defending it are just reacting based off of inability to process criticism towards something they like.
This 100%. You can sleepwalk through this game with a few OP shards. There is no reason to engage with most of the mechanics in this game because a few are ludicrous while some (weapon techniques) are useless.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

1.00 was bad by itself because items didn't register. I didn't want to continue that way. So I had hoped 1.03 to fix the chest and items bugs.

The only mistake is releasing this game in this state. Or are we supposed to start a new game after every new update? Fuk this shhit.

Oh, apologies, I didn't mean to come across that way. I meant it as it was mostly known not to update from 1.00 while progressing through your save file.

I agree that it's on them for fucking this up.

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
I rarely have time for gaming anymore, and I never replay games. So instead of deleting the save, I've delete the whole game.

Next.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Bought the game today and had a lot of fun so far up to Zangetsu. Tried him 5 or 6 times before turning it off for the night. He's not particularly hard but the range of some of his attacks are a bit weird and it keeps throwing me off when I'm sure I've dodged them.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
The day one patch was something like 3-4 gigs if memory holds so maybe xbox is finally joining the rest of us.

What's odd is that I read elsewhere that the Xbone "Day one" patch was going to be delayed until they fixed the progression issue. But considering i've long since beaten the game, I'll happily take the bug if it means I can finally get the Imbued drops from optional bosses.

Edit: it seems to be the day one patch all right.

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
Hey Garden of Silence. This looks cool. Oh wait, that looks like spikes. That may hurt. But I can't remember any other way to proceed so let me just touch those sharp spikes....Owwwww!

That hurt, ya fucking dick. Jesus, you could have said something. Oh wait, I forgot about this path.

-my life right now

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
Tried to play a little more of my Switch copy and got frustrated at the input lag :( I ordered a PS4 copy. Might sell my Switch one but don't know if I want to since it *is* a backer copy... I guess I'll hold onto it for now so I can check out any performance updates.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I just got the big 7GB updated on Xbox and chests are now back. Even red ones. All the HP/MP/Shots are back, too. My map even shows chests locations and purplish circles for shops/people. I hope this didn't break something as I haven't finished the game yet.

EDIT: Hmm, I just passed two open red chests that I had previously gotten so maybe that one specific red chest I hadn't gotten somehow.

This seems to have completely nerfed my Redbeast sword, though. I have the first version and it doesn't have a blade anymore. :(

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just got the big 7GB updated on Xbox and chests are now back. Even red ones. All the HP/MP/Shots are back, too. My map even shows chests locations and purplish circles for shops/people. I hope this didn't break something as I haven't finished the game yet.

EDIT: Hmm, I just passed two open red chests that I had previously gotten so maybe that one specific red chest I hadn't gotten somehow.

This seems to have completely nerfed my Redbeast sword, though. I have the first version and it doesn't have a blade anymore. :(
Dude they nerfed every weapon hard from 1.01 patch to 1.02

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So whats up with the lady that asks to give her things in memory of people or whatever right by the farmer? I'm not sure what to give her.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So have they fixed the Xbox One version of the game where you can play without risk of it blocking you at one point with progress?

Rbz

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Any details on 1.03? I'm sure my PS4 already downloaded it and I don't have a choice, but I'm wondering how much will have changed and if maybe I should just start over, again.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Bought the game today and had a lot of fun so far up to Zangetsu. Tried him 5 or 6 times before turning it off for the night. He's not particularly hard but the range of some of his attacks are a bit weird and it keeps throwing me off when I'm sure I've dodged them.

Try using more shards. Their power ranges from nearly useless to ridiculously overpowered. In particular, in the room before the Zangetsu fight (that's also next to a save and a warp), there's one enemy in particular whose shard I would suggest using...

I may or may not have used that shard through the whole entire game, lol

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
So I haven't played since day 1 due to this whole chest nonsense. Am I good to play on Xbox One yet, or what? I saw the patch was pulled before release, so what, is the next patch going to be fine? Getting kind of tired not playing the game.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been tempted to update since I think I'll be fine now that I'm like pretty much near end game but... fuck it I'll just continue to play on 1.01. Especially since I heard about the weapon nerfs. I don't think there is any trade off with the patch that is worth it right now.

Clown_im_OP

Oct 28, 2017
So I finished it today (loved it) and got about 85% of the trophies and suddenly I have this urge to play Symphony of the Night. I remember that there is this Requiem Collection on PS4, and lo and behold, it's 50% off on EU PSN!
But I wanna check Era real quick first if those ports are any good. Turns out they are, so I'm about to buy it... Annnd the offer is expired lol. Literally 5 minutes before I wanted to buy. Fml

Sevyne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck it, I'm downloading the patch

I already got the Silver Bromide so I think I should be ok, right

You're ok to complete the game, but you'll likely end up missing a few recipes that come from boxes. I think I had like 3 boxes open in my run preventing me from completing all of the food quests.

Mazzo

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I got 99,9% map completion, but there's a room I can't "fill" by entering it (it is right at the beginning of the last zone of the game). When I leave the zone it becomes transparent again. Is it that room that is screwing me over?

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019

Indeed, I really don't understand it either. And people have been ridiculous to me and others about it. Like really mean and ignorant. Like OMG I want a decent balance in the game I am an asshole and a bad person.

All iga games are like this they can never change even though it's 2019 and we can patch games now. Seriously, there is no reason to have games that are fundamentally walking sims when they are supposed to be metroidvanias. If Hollow Knight was like this it would have killed all my enjoyment of the game.

I am waiting for another patch or two before I jump in too much. Might just have to do nightmare, even though people say that is broken as well.

This 100%. You can sleepwalk through this game with a few OP shards. There is no reason to engage with most of the mechanics in this game because a few are ludicrous while some (weapon techniques) are useless.

They really need to work on shard and technique balance. It's terrible right now.