• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AmethystEnd

Oct 26, 2017
Ayy, got a download link on my backer page for the full OST. I either forgot or didn't know I was getting that. I thought I was only getting the ps4 dynamic theme.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
So I'm about 7 hours in on the Switch and it's...completely serviceable? It runs a little janky, has some hiccups and is definitely not gorgeous looking, but so far I'm really enjoying it and it's totally playable.

It's definitely not an amazing experience and I'm probably going to hold off playing too much more until some patches arrive, but I feel like a lot of the complaints that it's an unplayable mess of a port are exaggerated.

ContraWars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Did they fix the Xbox achievement bug yet? The final one that doesn't unlock?

I 100% the game and run it to kill bosses, but it's bugged even after the patch. I'm running the Steam version now.

Rakuyo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I'm at 99,8% map discovered and I absolutely don't know what I'm missing. I already checked a 100% map, but no luck.
Is it possible that my game is bugged (ps4)???
Love the game btw and I'm so happy that Igavania is back!!!

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
I completed the game last night on Steam with almost the entire map explored. Bloodstained was alright. It could have gone much worse, but I didn't feel like I completed a greatly polished product by the time I finished (and many instances in-between with several traversal bugs and a clunky UI). The Shard system was a solid idea though I find the Invert ability was not used to great potential whatsoever which is sad. The cutscenes and general story were simply rough from top-to-bottom. I'm almost surprised they announced the characters and voice actors for it ahead of time. It was entirely uninteresting in that aspect. The boss and monster design ranged from "poor" to "pretty solid". The title is a mixture of several qualities throughout the playthrough leaving it with a rather middle-of-the-road score for me.

That said, this is probably the happiest I've been with a game I've crowdfunded (which is as encouraging as it depressing seeing how bad my track record is with the format).

evilalien

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I'm at 99,8% map discovered and I absolutely don't know what I'm missing. I already checked a 100% map, but no luck.
Is it possible that my game is bugged (ps4)???
Love the game btw and I'm so happy that Igavania is back!!!

Post a map, I highly doubt you've run into a bug.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Oct 29, 2017
After beating the game, I have been leveling up my passive shards for the last couple of days, and holy shit, having the time of my life! Farmed some gold coins, farmed some actual gold to help with crafting, finished all the sidequests. 99.6% map completion, so I still need to track down *something*.

I do seem to have a bug, where the passive shards keep turning off. Like my Detective's Eye ring will go away, unless I go back and toggle it to off and then on again. Same with my augment MND shard, the extra visual flair goes away, unless I go in and toggle it off and on again. Hmmmm.

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
I do seem to have a bug, where the passive shards keep turning off. Like my Detective's Eye ring will go away, unless I go back and toggle it to off and then on again. Same with my augment MND shard, the extra visual flair goes away, unless I go in and toggle it off and on again. Hmmmm.
It seems to be a fairly prevalent bug yeah. Good news is the visual flair gets turned off but not the effect.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm about 7 hours in on the Switch and it's...completely serviceable? It runs a little janky, has some hiccups and is definitely not gorgeous looking, but so far I'm really enjoying it and it's totally playable.

It's definitely not an amazing experience and I'm probably going to hold off playing too much more until some patches arrive, but I feel like a lot of the complaints that it's an unplayable mess of a port are exaggerated.

Yeah, the Switch version isn't that terrible. The biggest thing for me is the input lag, and the loading with some screen transitions.

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
So I wasn't really feeling the criticism of the bosses until playing NG hard mode. I beat everything really quickly and easily on normal but was able to chalk that up to me playing these games on DS to death as a child. The higher difficulties really highlight the inherent wonkiness of 3d models doing contact damage and poorly realized movesets though.

Like that dumb metal peacock boss is so easy on normal but it's a nightmare on hard. It has two kicks, one you have to jump over and one you can't jump over, and neither have a telegraph lmao. It can just do either at a moment's notice, or just keeping walking into you, and you kinda just need to guess and hope you get a good run.

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
I hope the extra modes go the Circle of the Moon route, or at least include a random shard mode. Forcing limitations would make further playthroughs more interesting.

Aye. The difference in input lag between the Switch port and every other version is a tenth of a second. The average person isn't going to notice that, or even care to.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

It really isn't unplayable at all. I put in about 25 hours and beat the game without any severe technical hindrance.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017

The Switch version is fine honestly. I certainly won't mind seeing the loading reduced but other than that the worst thing I came across were two crashes when reading bookshelves and that's not even a Switch-specific issue. Hardly the disastrous port you'd expect from reading forum posts.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017

Yup thats how I felt. It helps Mario Maker came out, so now I'll wait and see what the patches do before finishing it up.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
After running into the chest bug and restarting, I'm finally caught up and the silver bromide is secured.

It took me a week 5 days, but thankfully 4 hours instead of 12.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
After running into the chest bug and restarting, I'm finally caught up and the silver bromide is secured.

It took me a week 5 days, but thankfully 4 hours instead of 12.

If you are on xbox one you could have been saved...
tomorrow or saturday they will push a patch fixing the issue.
  • Treasure chest issues have been fixed; after the patch, unique items will be obtainable even on existing playthroughs.

They also fixed the map (button to close etc), and the drops stuck in walls bug.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
If you are on xbox one you could have been saved...
tomorrow or saturday they will push a patch fixing the issue.

They also fixed the map (button to close etc), and the drops stuck in walls bug.
I read the patch notes. They didn't provide an ETA initially and I was getting impatient. Honestly, I'm not that mad about it anymore. In fact the I'm excited for the improvements coming within the update.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Ahahahaha the game cheatcodes xD
cqf8mp36.jpg

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone here listen to Hayter's backer-written line readings yet? There's some real gold in there.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
D-q-DD-RVAAEQ8jg.jpg

Soooo.... Where do I go from here?

This is for later... you cannot progress further through there... you'll open a door later on that allows you to come back here.
Which is what you need to do...

If you have beaten the lava level, you must return to the twin towers for something unreachable to you until then ... which should be useful in the cathedral.
If you have not beaten the lava level, you must go there... going through the water level.

Augemitbutter

Oct 25, 2017
It's hard for me to get motivated in this game. I play for 20 minutes before i have to quit. I think the level design robs all my hype. I see no reason to get stronger too. I notice the music sometimes, but can't say it's anywhere near castlevania quality atm.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A quick clarification on Backer IDs: Please note that the Backer ID system will not work if you backed at the $28 or $60 tier, because those did not include the Credit Clan reward. The Backer ID/credits system only works if you backed at an eligible $100+ tier. If you do have your name in the credits and are having trouble finding your backer ID, you can find more information in the previous update.

Ohhhh, okay, the "enter backer ID" thing is not relevant to me because I ordered at $60. At least that clears up the confusion. I'm not even sure what it's supposed to unlock?

yumms

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is for later... you cannot progress further through there... you'll open a door later on that allows you to come back here.
Which is what you need to do...

If you have beaten the lava level, you must return to the twin towers for something unreachable to you until then ... which should be useful in the cathedral.
If you have not beaten the lava level, you must go there... going through the water level.
Hmm...where exactly is the water level?

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I'm about 8 hours in, and just defeated
twin dragons

Thoughts so far:

I have about 7k gold and a fire whip. It's the best weapon so far. I also have a wind sword on quick change for the pesky poison frogs. I really want to start using Blunderbuss but the HP ammo is pretty scarce and infinite ammo is worthless.

I found out something cool! If you double jump and do flying kick on an enemy, you can pull off pretty nice combos. You can do infinite bounce kicks too, if you angle your kick 90 degrees. I only wish you could switch your weapon midcombo for maximum kill.

Decent gear is hard to come by. Even harder to craft. Speaking of which, the old lady in cathedral eats like anything. Where can I find Yellow Kernel for her?

Is there decent place to farm Potion and Ethridite (anti poison) materials?

I'm not sure what to buy from Dominque other than potions and food lol.

Overall I really like the game. But I have a feeling like I'm missing out on more stuff. Am I?

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Completed the game and now just got 100% map completion around 18 hours.

Now I just need to find a certain boss since I'm powered up (Rhava Velar, Pleiades, Coronation Gown, Solomon's Ring, Over The Rainbow, Welcome Company). :D

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else miss the original Katana and Whip animations from previous Castlevania games? The new ones aren't doing it for me.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Anyone else miss the original Katana and Whip animations from previous Castlevania games? The new ones aren't doing it for me.
The katana makes up for it with the sheer amount of moves it has. Whip animation is pretty cool, but I think it could use another technique. Either a longer range attack or the classic Castlevania brandish.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
The katana makes up for it with the sheer amount of moves it has. Whip animation is pretty cool, but I think it could use another technique. Either a longer range attack or the classic Castlevania brandish.

Well... critical swing reach is quite large...
e9rw5kvg.jpg

If you want more... there's maybe something with the whipsword, never played too much with it

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Short range of the normal whip attack is why I never used one outside of mastering the techniques in the game.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
idk, Whip's one techinque is crazy strong, especially if you get faster attack speed, and has good range thanks to twister.

I too wanted a Whip that's just like CV's, but BS's is just as satisfying.

Mister Niwa

Oct 25, 2017
Could someone please tell me how to dodge that instakill from
Zangetsu in the Oriental Sorcery Lab
? :-/

Okay I somehow could teleport out of it before it hit me, woohoo I guess. lol

Last edited: