• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Finally finished. That last boss fight was incredibly annoying. Didn't think most of them were any good for that matter. Overall it was really solid. Really disliked how much stuff was locked behind crafting. I much prefer finding things in the environment. For now, SOTN still remains king for me

badnewsbeers

Dec 10, 2017
Ontario, Canada
So the second boss is nigh unbeatable on switch due to the input lag. Sometimes Miriam jumps, sometimes she attacks, sometimes she does nothing and takes a hit. This is beyond infuriating and now the patch isn't until July 15?? Sheesh guys.

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
I redeemed the code for my Bloodstained theme but when I go to change it in my settings the theme is locked and it acts like I have to buy it on the store.

Obneiric

Dec 25, 2017
I actually love the whip in this game. The jump attack has a very quick animation, which combined with backdash cancelling, lets you churn out damage in a hurry. My pattern was j.A -> A -> backdash cancel in place -> j.A repeat.

The weapon technique is also awesome. Great range, great damage, low MP usage and spammable.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Andromeda homes in on Benjamin as if he were an enemy. Hmm.
nfxiwlY.png

May 9, 2018
Just finished it. I know the game is a throwback to 00's era game design, but they could have been a little nicer with telling you what to get/where to go outside of the one-time riddles. (specifically, the Aegis Plate).

I did find/use the game-breaker shards (Heretic Grinder and Welcome Company) without consulting a guide for once so I'm happy about that!

Last edited:

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
I hadn't had time to play much, but I've been playing today. Just did a certain boss...

the Twin Dragons. A bit laggy on Switch but not too bothered. Awesome stuff, this feels like playing the GBA/DS era Castlevanias so much.

Been enjoying the game a lot. The graphics on Switch bother me more than the loading times and very little lag I've encountered. Still having a blast!

Adonais

Oct 29, 2017
Metaverse
Just finished it. I know the game is a throwback to 00's era game design, but they could have been a little nicer with telling you what to get/where to go outside of the one-time riddles. (specifically, the Aegis Plate).

They did though. By that point of the game you should have had a pretty obvious section of the map that couldn't have been explored the first time you passed through the area. You should have been thinking about what your new abilities would allow you to do and that naturally should have been the first place that came to mind. That's how these games work. If you're new to them, then yeah, no one would blame you for looking the answer up online. But trust me, if they spelled it out any more clearly, people would be complaining about the game holding their hand the entire way through.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hadn't had a chance to dig into this until today. The opening hours are really tough, but I managed to spam potions through Zangetsu, and now that I can explore more of the map and accrue more powerups, the game really opens up a lot. Really digging the blue sword with the rapid slash - that and True Arrow are my bread and butter. The crafting elements are a lot of fun.

It's not a looker on the Switch, but it runs well enough both handheld and docked. Joy-Cons are surprisingly workable as controllers in this. Might try it with my Pro Controller if the input lag is fixed (does hardwiring it fix it?), or maybe see if I can finagle up a GameCube controller.

jromz03

Oct 28, 2017
Done with game and got all Steam achievements. Miriam is so OP, I did boss mode in less than 2 minutes.

Also nefore, I accessed the Oriental stage, without the Aegis armor. Wasn't able to find it at first, so I just tanked the spike area to reach it :D

May 9, 2018
They did though. By that point of the game you should have had a pretty obvious section of the map that couldn't have been explored the first time you passed through the area. You should have been thinking about what your new abilities would allow you to do and that naturally should have been the first place that came to mind. That's how these games work. If you're new to them, then yeah, no one would blame you for looking the answer up online. But trust me, if they spelled it out any more clearly, people would be complaining about the game holding their hand the entire way through.
I did do that and found a good number of items in the process; what is somewhat unusual for an IGA game is having to get another "key item" after immediately getting another key ability before accessing the next area.

EMBee99

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, TX
So I think I can't progress thanks to the open chest bug and the Silver Bromide. Do I restart my game or do I wait for a patch to fix this?

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018

I did find/use the game-breaker shards (Heretic Grinder and Welcome Company) without consulting a guide for once so I'm happy about that!
I completely agree with you about that particular item.

I feel like it's the one and only flaw in the game. It's a little too hidden.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I played all my playthroughs with the ;)

I know i would have complained !
I prefer helping people in thread rather than not having progression riddles, if there aren't.. what next ? a giant arrow pointing in the direction of where to go like in final fight ? ;)
To me it would remove the wonder of the first walkthrough.

I spent days thinking about progression "what should i do next" in old sierra adventure games, i think people nowadays throw the towel a little faster than they used to ;)

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I played all my playthroughs with the ;)

I know i would have complained !
I prefer helping people in thread rather than not having progression riddles, if there aren't.. what next ? a giant arrow pointing in the direction of where to go like in final fight ? ;)
To me it would remove the wonder of the first walkthrough.

I spent days thinking about progression "what should i do next" in old sierra adventure games, i think people nowadays throw the towel a little faster than they used to ;)
Agreed. I feel like a lot of metroidvanias are turning into little scavenger hunts with no opportunity for the player to puzzle through things. I prefer metroidvanias where the world feels big and dangerous and sometimes you just have to wander around like in La-Mulana, Hollow Knight, and SotN (though SotN is pretty easy). I'm glad Bloodstained doesn't go overboard with the handholding.

Deleted member 26293

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Wow the

Den of Behemoths

was a slog, hated every second of it. The area after it was a bit of a disappointment as well if i have to be honest, i hope the final boss will be good at least.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I got to the boss in the Den. Why didn't anyone warn me that he turns money into HP? I just gave this dude 2 million HP! And I'm too stubborn to quit, so I'm gonna mash him until he dies!

Nothing a little invert, Rhava Velar, Shadow Clone Jutsu, and some patience can't solve. Hopefully.

edit: Said tactics worked surprisingly well.

Last edited:

AmethystEnd

Oct 26, 2017
Yesterday I did hard mode NG+ from the beginning to 100% map/quest completion in one sitting. Just now I finished nightmare mode NG++ also to 100% map/quest completion in one sitting.

Next will be a fresh nightmare NG probably, while I wait for the damned Iga's Back DLC to come out on ps4.

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Agree with you there, I searched a fucking lot for that item you spoiler tagged.

Even looking at an internet guide to have it, which just showed the spot on the map where it is, I had to actually check a video because I wasn't looking at the right place.

I tried to do invert from the top of the tower instead of the base.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I was swearing by the Grand Izayoi and used it for most of the game... I crafted the Rhava Valar the other day... my God. The damage! Being able to move around while damaging would have saved me several potions in previous fights as well but doesn't matter now. Can't see why I would put this down now but would like to try guns and boots in NG.

Item collection complete so just a few smaller trophies left to get for the 1000G. Maxed out Alchemic Bounty trivialised the process for me.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Man, I got to the boss in the Den. Why didn't anyone warn me that he turns money into HP? I just gave this dude 2 million HP! And I'm too stubborn to quit, so I'm gonna mash him until he dies!

Nothing a little invert, Rhava Velar, Shadow Clone Jutsu, and some patience can't solve. Hopefully.

edit: Said tactics worked surprisingly well.
Yeah, first time I got there I had $90K and didn't want to deal with that so I left and got up to $100K to buy the discount card then went back with almost nothing.

Agree with you there, I searched a fucking lot for that item you spoiler tagged.

Even looking at an internet guide to have it, which just showed the spot on the map where it is, I had to actually check a video because I wasn't looking at the right place.

I tried to do invert from the top of the tower instead of the base.
My obsession in uncovering every map square as soon as I could helped me with this.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if the final boss room counts towards map progression? I'm 99.8 at the mo and wondering if it will pop (after I find the other missing room) when I get to the final room.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
kinda lost,

The last two bosses I beat were the Black Dragoon and the Blood umbrella lady. I drained the Blood well but I can't really proceed down there because I don't have the swimming power or whatever. Not sure where to go

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
kinda lost,

The last two bosses I beat were the Black Dragoon and the Blood umbrella lady. I drained the Blood well but I can't really proceed down there because I don't have the swimming power or whatever. Not sure where to go
Keep killing enemies down there until you get a shard drop that will help you.

HOTSPUR

Oct 25, 2017
Working on the plat now and I've gotta say the mobility in the latter half of the game is lovely

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Fuckin' finally got my backer copy in the mail today. Was supposed to get it 2 weeks ago no thanks to the USPS. Probably never going to deal with them as far as I can help it when it comes to getting packages again.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, first time I got there I had $90K and didn't want to deal with that so I left and got up to $100K to buy the discount card then went back with almost nothing.

My obsession in uncovering every map square as soon as I could helped me with this.
I spent an hour or so grinding for money so now I'm rich. If I went in with 90k, I wouldn't have even complained.

I damn near chewed through all of my healing items fighting that dude.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
So
Bloodless
is really kicking my ass. The first real challenge I've faced in the game. What level were you all when you faced off against it?

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Just beat the game on normal. 98% shards and 99.7% map completion. The shards are whatever since it's just ones I have to craft that remain, but I can't for the life of me figure out what parts of the map are left for 100%. I'm fairly certain I smashed all of the hidden walls, too.

So
Bloodless
is really kicking my ass. The first real challenge I've faced in the game. What level were you all when you faced off against it?
Don't remember, probably around the 40-50ish range. I do remember churning through healing items, though.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
Just wanted to thank this OT for advice on gear, familiars, and shards. Love this game.

unholyFarmer

Jan 22, 2019
Is this game too difficult? Thinking of buying it but if I won't be able to beat it I don't wanna
It is really easy on normal if you make sure to keep your weapons and shards constantly up to date. I kind of regret playing it on normal now, but if you prohibit yourself of using potions and food you can actually get a bit more of a challenge when you reach a new boss. Some of the shards are very overpowered, and you can abuse then without remorse if you are having any trouble with the game.