• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 1, 2017
Finished.

I played through on normal and then did a New Game+ to finish up the Trophies.

The last one I got (before the platinum, of course) was the Kickstopper trophy. I didn't get the reference, until it popped up, that it's a play on Kickstarter.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it. Giant Morte refuses to drop shard. Been farming for an hour. What the fuck?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I don't get it. Giant Morte refuses to drop shard. Been farming for an hour. What the fuck?

Uhhhhhh.... I hate to break it to you, but the giant Morte doesn't HAVE a shard.

And if you mean the cannons, lucky for you, any large version of these demons only provides the shard for the smaller version, so you don't have to grind them unless you want to show that they drop them in the bestiary. (outside the Buer, I think? If regular Buer has the familiar shard, then don't farm the large one)

You should see that the Morte and the Giant Morte have no shard info, including no question marks. That's your clue. Sorry you had to grind for an hour to find that out!

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
And if you mean the cannons, lucky for you, any large version of these demons only provides the shard for the smaller version, so you don't have to grind them unless you want to show that they drop them in the bestiary. (outside the Buer, I think? If regular Buer has the familiar shard, then don't farm the large one)
Do you have to trigger the drop from the giant version to get the all shards trophy/achievement to fire?

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
High jump or double jump? I got the latter from beating a boss.
It was the high jump. Recipe was already there, I was just too dumb to check. Look I just farmed an enemy for an hour, without checking if it had a shard to drop.

To my merit, I have been sipping on some fruity drinks for a birthday party so....

NesFe00

Oct 28, 2017
Whats the situation with the switch port guys ? Was the input lag patched ? I want to dive in but I hate input lag.

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Whats the situation with the switch port guys ? Was the input lag patched ? I want to dive in but I hate input lag.
Your mileage is going to vary. I hate it, but not enough to not play through all of it. It's of course """playable""" but that's still an incredibly low bar imo. Some folks have been alright with it but if you have access to any other version play those, they play like silk in comparison

And no patch yet but based off the last backer update it should be soonish?

NesFe00

Oct 28, 2017
It's a total mess. Just avoid for a few months until they move the game out of beta state. I get severe input lag, freezing, hourly crashes and single digit FPS in some areas

Thanks for the heads up. I was hoping to play it before Fire Emblem releases. I guess I'll just finish up Yo-kai Watch 4 for the time being and wait to see the situation with the updates.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Will i like this game if the only castlevania games i've played are Simon's Quest, Aria of sorrow Portrait of ruins?

And im in thr minority but i hated Order of ecclesia for some reasons.

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Will i like this game if the only castlevania games i've played are Simon's Quest, Aria of sorrow Portrait of ruins?

And im in thr minority but i hated Order of ecclesia for some reasons.
If your dislike of ecclesia stems from the weird and awkward (and kinda not great?) first half of the game than there's nothing like that here. This one plays a lot like aria

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've been avoiding the Pro Controller, and found the Joy-Cons to be surprisingly pleasant for this game - I never had the hang up about controlling sidescrollers with a D-pad over a d-stick, so maybe I'm just weird. Right stick is rather awkward, though, especially for the mandatory Shard that you aim with it. (Don't ask how long it took me to figure out how to even use that one.)

Also had my first crash today, but I fortunately didn't lose much progress. This game deserves to make a ton of money, if only so that they can fund a sequel with less jank and better optimization.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Do you have to trigger the drop from the giant version to get the all shards trophy/achievement to fire?

Nope! All that asks for is All the shards, so as long as the shard section of your archive is 100% filled, you'll get it! If you're having trouble finding all of them, take some time to think about enemy Number 44 on the train, I heard the scenery is... provoking!

I don't actually know anything about the trophies/achievements, I beat it on switch, but there is a special something that confirms that you got all the shards anyway...

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I am stuck at this boss, any tips here?
it's the twin dragons. Hard hitting, hard to avoid attacks, and huge damage sponge. Any specific weapon, shards or gear that might help?

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Well, gang, I have 100% everything, and I have all achievements except the broke one on 'bone. The only thing I haven't done is played Nightmare, but I'm not sure I wanna.

Damn, I loved that game.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
it's the twin dragons. Hard hitting, hard to avoid attacks, and huge damage sponge. Any specific weapon, shards or gear that might help?
He can be a toughy. Honestly, I just made sure I was stocked up on heals, and I kind of cheesed it that way. I went highest defense and one handed swords, if that helps. Don't be afraid to cook up and chow down on some food. Some of the bosses can be rough. (And, unfortunately, you have some harder ones coming.)

Also, there's no shame in leveling up yourself and your shards/gear a bit.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can creep underneath them when they are moving to avoid any damage. Use the Poltergeist shard meanwhile to inflict tons of damage. It's OP as hell. Also get the weapon drop from the barber enemies. It's OP as hell too and you can make an even better version later.

Last edited:

Zed

Oct 28, 2017

Welcome Party (the portraits) makes quick work of a lot of the bosses.

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
Platinum in 27 hours. Loved it! Hope a sequel isn't too far off. Very little interest in the upcoming DLC and updates.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.

Here are some tips!

They are BIG targets, so any splitting shards you have, like the arrow ones, will pretty much always hit 100%. That could really load on the damage! Plus they share an HP bar, so you don't have to pick and choose!

Dodging their attacks is always about understanding how they usually telegraph their attack, but if I remember correctly, you can more easily duck under the left one, and the right one sucks and is hard to dodge.

One last thing, they spend a ton of time moving down the spiral at the beginning, and sometimes during, so if you jump and target the left one with directional shards while keeping up with it's pace so you don't run into it, you can deal tons of damage to it without any worries!

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Just encountered my first major glitch. It's hard to describe without spoiling the area name/enemy involved but I'll spoiler it. I'm at 35.60% map completion, for reference...

So in Livre Ex Machina, there's a location with a bunch of bookshelves and saws. After crossing the room, there's a Chair Mimic and the next room has a Dragon in it. Well, that Chair Mimic can drag you into the next screen if it hits you, and if it does it freezes the camera behind the Dragon and won't let you move or do anything. If you use a Waystone, it'll warp you but no characters will be on screen including Miriam and you won't be able to do anything. Apparently, if you Suspend from the menu it fixes the glitch. I unfortunately reset before finding that out, after getting a couple tough power ups. Ah well.

Apr 24, 2018
Just finished a playthrough on Normal and had a great time. I beat the game with 95% map completion and then spent a couple of hours trying to complete the map. I got up to 98.6% but am now completely miffed. I know that I have .2% behind two doors that require keys (still missing the Key of Celeste, somehow) and that I have .1 or .2% left in the second to last area of the game which I believe I can get with the final shard ability I acquired. That still leaves ~1% that I have no idea where to go.

I already wasted a bunch of time in the water area because the map "looked incomplete" on screen, but I'm pretty sure I have this area completed in full. Not sure if I want to bother completing the map at this point. I definitely don't want to spend time grinding for money/items, so I almost certainly won't be going for the platinum trophy...

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
Just finished a playthrough on Normal and had a great time. I beat the game with 95% map completion and then spent a couple of hours trying to complete the map. I got up to 98.6% but am now completely miffed. I know that I have .2% behind two doors that require keys (still missing the Key of Celeste, somehow) and that I have .1 or .2% left in the second to last area of the game which I believe I can get with the final shard ability I acquired. That still leaves ~1% that I have no idea where to go.

I already wasted a bunch of time in the water area because the map "looked incomplete" on screen, but I'm pretty sure I have this area completed in full. Not sure if I want to bother completing the map at this point. I definitely don't want to spend time grinding for money/items, so I almost certainly won't be going for the platinum trophy...
I would recommend trying to get at least 99% of the map and then going to see OD

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Finally got my copy (on Switch) and surprisingly, it's not bad at all. Performance seems solid, haven't noticed much input delay while using the Pro Controller and the visuals aren't too terrible aside from a shallow river that was static for some reason. I would have never guessed that it was water if the splash sound effects hadn't played. My biggest issues are the load times after death and the occasional glitch when the game freezes a frame for a dialogue scene but otherwise, I haven't had much of an issue with the quality of the Switch port.

As for the game, I'm loving nearly everything other than the rather spread out save stations, the lack of color and texture change on your outfit when changing the body piece and the difficulty spikes in the boss encounters. I've only gotten to the first two boss fights but they're insane compared to even the bulkiest normal enemies, I just feel totally ill-prepared. I'm well aware that two of these complaints can be dismissed by saying "git gud" but thankfully, they haven't really dampened my experience too much. That level design, art style, score, combat and character customization/upgrade path is too damn perfect for this to be anything less than a 9/10 experience if the game keeps up its current momentum.

Ponchito

Oct 28, 2017
Mexico City
I'm stuck in this game:

I got the invert castle power. I've got pretty much everything explored. If I go the Gebel chamber and beat him I get a game over. There's only some spiked hallways on the roof of the castle entrance I can't go through and one of the bell tower rooms has a roof I can't get into. 75% map explored. Other than that, I've no idea where to go. Please help

The Dink

Oct 28, 2017
I'm stuck in this game:

I got the invert castle power. I've got pretty much everything explored. If I go the Gebel chamber and beat him I get a game over. There's only some spiked hallways on the roof of the castle entrance I can't go through and one of the bell tower rooms has a roof I can't get into. 75% map explored. Other than that, I've no idea where to go. Please help

Explore the tower of twin dragons fully using the invert power. There's an armor there that will prevent trap/spike damage. Alternatively you can tank the spike damage to make it through with healing items.

Shudouken

Jun 19, 2019
Beat the final boss yesterday. Great game.
However, I have no desire to finish all quests, cook every recipe, farm/craft good gear or level up.
I found an extra boss and looked up his stats and he's 22 levels above me. I finished the map though, that's something.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Got bad ending, got what I needed for good ending. I'm just wondering if the main area/shards need to be completed before continuing to the Den.

ninjabreadman

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
It's a shame the game ends when it does, my character is so much fun to play now I've unlocked everything and yet there isn't anything in the game world to actually aim for now.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I could use a little direction. I just got
the Inverse power, which is a dope way of doing the inverse castle. I've been flipping through the castle and got the Carpenter's Key, but I haven't found where to use it or any truly new areas yet.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I could use a little direction. I just got
the Inverse power, which is a dope way of doing the inverse castle. I've been flipping through the castle and got the Carpenter's Key, but I haven't found where to use it or any truly new areas yet.

It is past the cathedral
You must use your new inverse castle to go through
You must find an item to pass those spikes
It's in the twin towers area
It's in the right tower
You have to go to the bottom and use your reverse power to reach an area you could not before (because it was blocked by a pillar the boss destroyed)
9avmd7z8.png

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
It is past the cathedral
You must use your new inverse castle to go through
You must find an item to pass those spikes
It's in the twin towers area
It's in the right tower
You have to go to the bottom and use your reverse power to reach an area you could not before (because it was blocked by a pillar the boss destroyed)
9avmd7z8.png
Thanks for the hints!

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well, the game just crashed on me. (PS4 version.)

I save frequently, so I won't have to do too much backtracking, but it's a real bummer, y'know?

EGM92

Nov 16, 2017
I platinumed the game, so nice playing a igavania again, the story was really but overall very enjoyable. Took about 24hrs. If there's a sequel I'm definitely picking it up.