• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
This game has awakened something inside me...

I was never a fan of castlevania or metroid, or metroidvania before playing bloodstained and had never really played any of the previous games....

now I cant get enough....

I have just finished Castlevania Requiem on PS+ sale earlier and have already defeated and 200.6 percented the entire game inside and out..

Finishing Hollow knight should be a cinch.....

It wont.....

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, was farming shards to 9/9 them all.

Went to enhance a ton and the game crashed. Maybe I'll wait a month until the switch patch hits. Luckily, I had saved recently but a future update needs to allow you to enhance a few times/9 times in one go. Like how they add up everything to craft 10 items? Yeah, let me just enhance all 9 times in one go instead of doing it 9 times.
The materials required to enhance can change at each level so that wouldn't really work.

Oct 25, 2017
Voted on the lowest price for the DLCs, not because I don't think it's worth any more money, but because I think it'll make them more money in the long run.

$0.99 a piece will make me more likely to just buy the bundle with all of them. If they cost twice as much, though it still isn't exactly expensive, I'm not as likely to just choose 8 DLCs and ignore the other 8. I'm more likely to choose 1 or 2 I like the most and ignore the rest. Hell, I'm even more likely to just not get anything. I don't think I've ever spent money on those JRPGs with five billion cosmetic DLC, because I just look at how much money it costs to have everything and don't even bother looking at the packs.

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
Voted on the new survey, but it wouldn't let me vote for none of those cosmetic options as dlc. I already paid for it twice, and most of those options were pandering trash. I'm more interested in the stretch goal content being released than any of that stuff. I'm very happy with the game, but it feels a little tone deaf given the state of the switch release and how much content they need to catch up on before worrying about cosmetic cheesecake costumes and whether people will pay $.99 to $10 for them.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know who to contact in regards to Kickstarter backer questions? Should i just contact Fangamer.com with a normal enquiery?

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Simultaneously fuck this game and I love this game.

Fuck it and love it at the same damn time.

I refuse to believe this is anyone's GOTY, except for PC gamers.
It's a top 5 for me this year so far. The technical problems are main thing keeping it from the number 1 spot tbh. I haven't been consumed by a game this much since Mario Maker 1.

I'm still planning a Nightmare run once I pick it up on PC. I was going to run it that way on Switch but as noted the technical issues kill the experience.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm about 95% through the map and haven't beaten the game yet, but do you ever get a sprint or dash item or ability? I have the Speed Belt but is there something better?

badnewsbeers

Dec 10, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Guys, the final boss on switch is kicking my ass.

i just dont seem to have the health to get through the fight, and the fucking slowdown is killing me. Any tips? Is there a way to cheese one of the two phases? At this point i just want to be done the game.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Simultaneously fuck this game and I love this game.

Fuck it and love it at the same damn time.

I refuse to believe this is anyone's GOTY, except for PC gamers.
It's either this or Outer Wilds for me. Though in fairness, this game runs like butter on my One X. I didn't notice any performance issues at all on my first game. On New Game+, after the patch, I had some slight slowness on the final boss, but that was pretty much it.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, the final boss on switch is kicking my ass.

i just dont seem to have the health to get through the fight, and the fucking slowdown is killing me. Any tips? Is there a way to cheese one of the two phases? At this point i just want to be done the game.
I didn't bother learning any of the patterns and just brought a bunch of healing items and food with me to beat it on my first try, although I doubt this would work in hard mode if you're playing on that.

The disks floating up and down in the final boss arena are platforms, you can use them to hit the boss as it moves overhead instead of trying to chase the heads as they move around.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
I heard rumors the Switch version was getting patched this week...? Was this posted on Twitter or something?

Patch news (Switch status, nerfs and Xbox One 'Overlord' achievement)

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Kickstarter update hot off the presses. The incoming patch has a pretty huge list of nerfs:

Hello everyone, I'm happy to report that this week we submitted a patch for Switch, once it's approved we'll update the game asap. The following changes are already locked in, and we're working to confirm even more changes/improvements etc. for this patch, hopefully by next week:

Performance Updates

The teams continue to work on input delay, stability and optimization. We're not ready to release these improvements just yet, but we'll be sharing more information in the coming weeks.​

Bug Fixes
  • Map quest markers no longer showing when target has been killed
  • HD Rumble issues in certain areas fixed
Familiar Changes
  • Familiar upgrade via Grade was nerfed
  • Increased strength based on level
  • Dullahammer Head has been nerfed
Shard Adjustments (Decreased Power)
  • Riga Storaema
  • Craftwork
  • Bunnymorphosis
  • Flame Cannon
  • Straight Arrow
  • Chase Arrow
  • Heretical Grinder
  • Circle Ripper
  • Shooting Dagger
  • Riga Dohin
  • Welcome Company (nerfed significantly - starting from 3 portraits instead of 5)
Weapon Adjustments (Decreased Power)
  • Flying Edge
  • Rhava Bural
  • Rhava Velar
Enemy HP Increases
  • Dullahammer Head
  • Malediction
Drop Adjustments
  • Increased the drop rate of "Monster Fur" from Simians
Credits
  • Text corrections
Map
  • Map close button has been remapped to standard exit/close button
  • Marker button has been changed
  • Trail display button has been changed
  • Map scroll speed improved
  • Zoom in and out improved
  • Zoom level retained when reopening the map
  • Auto-center when opening the map
Last but not least, we've seen lots of people bring up the bug on XB1 regarding the "Overlord" achievement not unlocking. The teams are aware of this and are going to be fixing it! The fix is currently scheduled to be done within the next two weeks. I know that may sound like a lot of time, it's just a matter of prioritizing more important fixes and improvements for now. Thank you everyone for your patience while we continue to make improvements on Switch and the other platforms as well, we will be following up with more updates soon.

Roberto Piraino "Angel-Corlux"

Global Brand Manager

505 Games

Last edited:

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate the honesty in the update. Nothing looks too surprising there.

Familiar Changes
Makes sense overall. Dullahammer head was stupid OP for how early and easy it is to get and none of the familiars needed big ticket upgrade mats for better grades.
  • Familiar upgrade via Grade was nerfed
  • Increased strength based on level
  • Dullahammer Head has been nerfed
Shard Adjustments (Decreased Power)
A couple surprises here. Bunnymorphosis is OP but seemed like a cool build path. Heretical Grinder and Welcome Company are easy nerf targets though. I don'e have much experience with the others so I can't comment. I'm surprised Tis Rosein dodged the nerf bat though.
  • Riga Storaema
  • Craftwork
  • Bunnymorphosis
  • Flame Cannon
  • Straight Arrow
  • Chase Arrow
  • Heretical Grinder
  • Circle Ripper
  • Shooting Dagger
  • Riga Dohin
  • Welcome Company (nerfed significantly - starting from 3 portraits instead of 5)
Weapon Adjustments (Decreased Power)
Bummer but again not surprising. Rhava Bural and Velar are really easy to get and Velar is by far the most OP sword, Flying Edge nerf seems weird. Looks like they left the upgraded one alone though? Was Flying Edge letting people attack with impunity too much?
  • Flying Edge
  • Rhava Bural
  • Rhava Velar
Enemy HP Increases
This seems weird. If they're worried about farming for shards they should have lowered the shard drop %-age. These seemed like the medusa head equivalents that serve to make platforming more challenging not necessarily something that should require a couple hits to kill.
  • Dullahammer Head
  • Malediction

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
This seems weird. If they're worried about farming for shards they should have lowered the shard drop %-age. These seemed like the medusa head equivalents that serve to make platforming more challenging not necessarily something that should require a couple hits to kill.
I imagine this is more to make it so you can't just ram them with Accelerator without consequences.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine this is more to make it so you can't just ram them with Accelerator without consequences.
That's an interesting point. If that's the goal that's a bummer since one of the cool bits about endgame is being able to get from any point A to any point B in a laughable amount of time. I wonder how the damage from accelerator is determined? Grade/Rank/Int/Str? Hopefully you'll still be able to get to a point where you can blast through them.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
That's an interesting point. If that's the goal that's a bummer since one of the cool bits about endgame is being able to get from any point A to any point B in a laughable amount of time. I wonder how the damage from accelerator is determined? Grade/Rank/Int/Str? Hopefully you'll still be able to get to a point where you can blast through them.
Thinking about it more, I'm not sure this was the reason after all. It shouldn't be an issue when you would naturally obtain Accelerator in an actual playthrough; the concern is strictly for NG+, and I'm not even sure if Accelerator is one of the shards you get to carry over.

Bakrider

Oct 31, 2017
Thinking about it more, I'm not sure this was the reason after all. It shouldn't be an issue when you would naturally obtain Accelerator in an actual playthrough; the concern is strictly for NG+, and I'm not even sure if Accelerator is one of the shards you get to carry over.
You do carry over Accelerator, to my knowledge this is the first Igavania to let you carry the dash over to NG+

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Switch updates!

giphy.gif

Performance news "In the coming weeks"

tenor.gif

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
The patch notes got their own thread, if you feel like wading into a trash heap.
Nah I'm good.

I'm surprised guns dodged the nerf bat too now that I think about it. Fully upgraded with the Recycle Hat guns are insanely overpowered. If they're balancing things I'm hoping they can add things too like more whip techniques. The one you get is barely worth it and whips in general definitely got the shaft in weapon classes.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are the best conjure and directional shards? I'm using Welcome Company for conjure and Heretical Grinder for directional.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
I'm at 99.50 map completion. No clue what I missed. I beat
O.D.
and the other keyed off bosses. How do I fight Iga? I went back to
Gebels
room but it's empty.