Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night |OT| We Have Paid Our Tribute, Igavania Is Resurrected

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about getting this on switch, but have they patched and fixed it up yet? Don’t want to buy if it’s still in a bad state.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Also stuck at 99.9% I know it's a big ask but can someone please help me locate the last room? Been staring at this and completed maps but I really can't find what I'm missing

Bansai

Oct 28, 2017
Is Zangestsu playable yet? Or any info when he will be?

I'm itching to give it a go on gamepass but I want the whole package.

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
Is Zangestsu playable yet? Or any info when he will be?

I'm itching to give it a go on gamepass but I want the whole package.
The whole package will probably be years away. Shovel Knight was released in 2014, but only just got its final piece of content like this month.

Content to come includes both the second AND THIRD playable character (who is unknown), Classic Mode (a retro Castlevania linear affair), several Multiplayer options, a Roguelike Dungeon, and Boss Revenge Mode.

I might be missing some of the coming content, didn't have a full list on hand.

But yeah, the Kickstarter met a metric ton of stretch goals. We'll be getting free content for a long time to come.

Wracu

Oct 25, 2017
My only thought about that patch is how could 8-Bit Fireball and Ukonvasara escape nerfs??? But I guess they mostly hit low level. Why bother to nerf Rhava when Ukon has twice the damage and near perma-stun lol

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Bit late to this, but started playing this on New Year's Eve and today, and I'm really enjoying it so far. Most of my experience with Castlevania games comes from the DS games in the series (played a bit of SotN as well) and feels like this really hits a lot of my nostalgia and fondness for those games. Bosses have been a bit on the tougher side for me, but I'm just having a lot of fun going through the castle.

petetnt

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone spot the missing rooms from this screenshot? I am standing at 99.80% and beaten all the bosses

All in all I really liked the game, except that some of the later areas (
mainly the underground, fire cavern thing and the glacial tomb)
kinda fell fat, some of the later game things required were kinda silly (for example how to get the swimming skill...) and some of the balance could have been tweaked a bit more to make you experiment with the different shards and weapons (I rocked a sword and True Arrow all the way to the last boss)

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Just finished this up earlier today. Uncovering the map really reminded me of what I enjoyed about the prior Castlevania games, and was probably my favorite aspect of the game. It was also really fun to go back to parts of the map with new abilities and get to new places that were previously inaccessible.
I do wish there were some more options for outfit customization (though I do think Miriam's default outfit looks pretty cool), though I also was pleasantly surprised to see options to change skin color in addition to hairstyles.
Definitely look forward to playing any future Bloodstained games that come out.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
So I played Switch version 1.04 in Handheld and Docked modes for a few minutes. Bear in mind my impressions are very anecdotal, and I'm not particularly sensitive to framerates or input lag, though input lag was reportedly fixed in 1.03. Here's what I noticed (some of this may also be from the previous update, I did my playthrough near release this summer):

• I could believe there's been some increase in either resolution or in some texture quality. It looked sharper overall in both modes (aliasing still apparent in handheld). Textures are still generally bad across the board, but I did see some categorical improvements -- especially in the portraits, which now look fine, though they looked embarrassingly low-res before.
  • I'd reckon it's a more stable 30 frames per second. The one huge room in the Tower of the Twin Dragons still runs poorly, but I believe that's the case in all versions. Didn't really stress test it, though.
  • Loading seems nice and quick, aside from the initial boot up.
  • Easier to find where you are when opening the map.
  • Textures noticeably pop in -- don't recall if that was the case before.
  • There do seem to be a small blips of mico-lag -- like a dropped frame here or there.
Overall, I'd say this is better than it was, but it's not a massive, transformative improvement. For context, I didn't find the unpatched version unplayable or horrendous when considered in a vacuum; Bloodstained is no looker on other consoles, it's just that you're getting a mediocre looking game at a much higher res and higher frame rate, which does make the Switch version pretty poor in comparison (unless portability is a big priority for you). And I felt it was a shit move from the publishing/developing standpoint when viewed in the context of what the Switch is capable of elsewhere and when considering how this version appears to have sold compared to the more polished versions on other platforms.

Pretty quiet update so far, anyway -- this Reddit thread and this one are only other place I could find some impressions. Apparently, this is the big final update and we're supposed to get patch notes tomorrow.

ShinJohnpv

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty quiet update so far, anyway -- this Reddit thread and this one are only other place I could find some impressions. Apparently, this is the big final update and we're supposed to get patch notes tomorrow.
My guess is, nobody cares anymore. We're what 7ish months past launch, there have been so many much better games released in that time. Plus anyone who really wanted to play this has either put up with the crappy Switch version or got it elsewhere to play it by now. I would describe this as too little too late.

Oct 25, 2017
Where does the game says what version do you have in switch?
it updated, but i don't feel any change :(

nvm: the switch menu says v.1.04

Mar 27, 2019
So I'm kind of stuck in the game and need some help . I've gotten half the map uncovered, just got the mirror bouncing ability, collected the photograph to unlock the trainstation but it seems like everywhere else I can go is blocked by some ability I don't have. Can anyone give me some tips as how to proceed?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm kind of stuck in the game and need some help . I've gotten half the map uncovered, just got the mirror bouncing ability, collected the photograph to unlock the trainstation but it seems like everywhere else I can go is blocked by some ability I don't have. Can anyone give me some tips as how to proceed?
There’s an area in the... top left? IIRC? Of the map that’s full of spikes. To cross it, you need to find armor in the tower area... I forget what it’s called exactly, sorry, but it’s the tower that you can walk around the outside of.

but if you’re like me, and found that armor by chance, but couldn’t even get to the spikes: you can use the hand shard to pick up the iron maiden traps

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
I started playing again but laughed when I realized my last saves where in July. Definitely too late. It looks better and they should have waited.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
How do you get Abigail to unlock her final quest? I've completed the other 19, but she won't offer the last one for me to select. Are there certain things I have to do prior?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
Who else went to get their hair done before taking a photograph?
Sadly, it doesn’t show up in any capacity, so don’t worry about just doing it without dressing up for it. It’s just a key item for progression.

Check out the other styles as you get more books for hairdos though, they can get pretty good!

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Just started the game and played 3 hours. It has a lot symphony of the night vibes with the save rooms and tunnels connecting different areas. So good!