• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ShinJohnpv

Oct 25, 2017
It makes me wonder if there's something in the deals they do with retailers that forbids them from sending the game to backers early. Mom and pop shops clearly got the game well before backers did since they were breaking street dates all over the place. Why couldn't backer copies have been sent out along with those?

Seriously, the day you ship to retailers you should ship backer's copies to them. Making them wait for release day is bullshit. With out these people you couldn't have made this product. Other kickstarters send their products to backers first then everyone else. Games can't seem to grasp that.

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
It is basically asking them to do two launches, which is a lot of added overhead for smaller devs/pubs already trying to launch across multiple consoles/pc/languages/etc...
They're already doing two launches doing it this way aren't they? Stores were already sent their copies in advance. They did a separate shipment to send out the backer copies. Wouldn't it be easier to just send them all out at once? That way backers get it early and stores just wait until release day.

Oct 27, 2017
Why can't people wait another measly day? It's the middle of the week how much time do you have anyway?

I think it's safe to say you don't get to dictate what people do with or how they spend their time. Some may have taken PTO to play today. Some people may have this as their only day off, some people have lives that don't allow them to play for what ever reason. It's their life, their time, and it's valuable to THEM so that's why "people can't wait another measly day".

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
After Curse of the Moon, I would hope that they worked on making sure that didn't happen again here. Oh well.

I am sad that the switch version is already out in some places. I hope they ship backer copies a bit early.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
FanGamer is awful. No reply to support email. No code on my backer page. No email.

Is it that hard to send an email to backers with status updates? Am I really supposed to be joining their Discord or searching their Twitter feed to find these messages?

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
I backed this the *day* the Kickstarter launched and I'm getting the game later than everyone else along with every other PS4 backer. Really frustrating.

The greatest boy

Alt account
Banned
May 31, 2019
After Curse of the Moon, I would hope that they worked on making sure that didn't happen again here. Oh well.

I am sad that the switch version is already out in some places. I hope they ship backer copies a bit early.

Speaking of curse of the moon, is that game worth playing? Does it tie into the story of this title at all?

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
They're already doing two launches doing it this way aren't they? Stores were already sent their copies in advance. They did a separate shipment to send out the backer copies. Wouldn't it be easier to just send them all out at once? That way backers get it early and stores just wait until release day.
A fulfillment company like fangamer and retail distribution channels have all sorts of things to consider that does not make it as simple as being suggested. Not to mention the hundreds of other things that need to be considered during a launch besides just getting the thing to the person. Coordination with platform holders, support teams, having developer resources available to quickly respond in worse case scenarios, not allowing these people to take vacation for a month+ because a lengthy staggered release.

Launching a video game is a very complicated affair. Can we please not declare from our armchairs why they didn't do this obvious thing?

Morbius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Installing now on Xbox, so the game has local co-op? sorry im asking so many questions in this thread.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You're starting fresh and was able to select the difficulty? Which version are you playing?
Can't, you can only play on normal until you beat it
Weird, I couldn't select anything but Normal yesterday.

I mean I don't care cause I suck too much anyway lol.
Name your file NIGHTMARE on character creation.

It unlocks Hard, Nightmare, and Speed Runner Mode

Oct 26, 2017
No US PS4 backer codes until tomorrow, this sucks

Man, that's a bummer. But then again... this is SCEA we're talking about. Who here was around for the early days of PSN updates on PS3? Who remembers those GCT (Grace Chen Time) updates? The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Glad I have the physical PS4 disc int he meantime. But now I'm tempted to try to get one of those steel cases from Best Buy...

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just saw the kickstarter update. Won't be playing on Nightmare since I kept dying to a certain sword wielding samurai. It took me a while to finally beat him.

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
A fulfillment company like fangamer and retail distribution channels have all sorts of things to consider that does not make it as simple as being suggested. Not to mention the hundreds of other things that need to be considered during a launch besides just getting the thing to the person. Coordination with platform holders, support teams, having developer resources available to quickly respond in worse case scenarios, not allowing these people to take vacation for a month+ because a lengthy staggered release.

Launching a video game is a very complicated affair. Can we please not declare from our armchairs why they didn't do this obvious thing?
I didn't declare anything. I asked a question and I appreciate the answer. I honestly didn't know and was curious. Maybe if the industry was more transparent people wouldn't randomly speculate.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
t5AbniF.png

So is it required you do this to get 100%? Or will you be able to find/craft Dominus later on (if you don't put in the code at the beginning)?

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
I backed this the *day* the Kickstarter launched and I'm getting the game later than everyone else along with every other PS4 backer. Really frustrating.

Understand the frustration. I maybe didn't back it first day, but it was first week, and I just had to pick the "Winning Combination" of Physical Switch and DIgital US PS4, which means I don't have the game. haha. >_>

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Man, that's a bummer. But then again... this is SCEA we're talking about. Who here was around for the early days of PSN updates on PS3? Who remembers those GCT (Grace Chen Time) updates? The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Glad I have the physical PS4 disc int he meantime. But now I'm tempted to try to get one of those steel cases from Best Buy...
😉
It's always a problem with US PSN. Everyone should remember Grace Chen Time™.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
annotation2019-06-181k7kw7.png

ungh, that extra space is a nightmare.

Also, is there a confirmed day-1 patch even on PC? I get day-1 patches for the discs, because they're pressed weeks in advance, but shouldn't the digital versions be a more recent build?

edit: a dev on the steam boards wrote that the steam version has the "day 0" patch, but a "day 1" patch has additional content.

Last edited:

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
With all this craziness about PS4 backer codes, I'm so glad I backed for the physical copy. Mine arrived a day before release. Such a bummer for everyone else on PS4.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't declare anything. I asked a question and I appreciate the answer. I honestly didn't know and was curious. Maybe if the industry was more transparent people wouldn't randomly speculate.
Sorry, the second bit was more a general statement at the vibe of the last few pages, not to you specifically.