• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cool that we get the digital soundtrack whether you back physical or digital at $60. Just checked my survey, yep, the codes are there. Nice.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

Man, what a rush! I teared up when I realized I beat it.

Some quick thoughts:

The game never actually crashed on me at all, no matter how many bookshelves I checked.
High Jump is a lifesaver in the Den of Behemoths. I'm glad I acquired it before stumbling in there.
The English voice acting across the board was really good. It was kind of weird to hear Zangetsu as a Pseudo Solid Snake, but it actually fits the character.
Also, the twist is a little predictable, but lol at Dominque going full Mathias "Fuck off, God!" Cronqvist in the end there.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finally put in my Backer ID. Yep, my name is in the save file. Got a little teary-eyed when I saw my name upfront in the backers list. It updated both my saves with my name.

I got the PS4 Bloodstained Dynamic Theme and can't use it. Can't connect to the server to verify the license so it has a padlock symbol on it.

Deleted member 4452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the game! 99.5% map, 25 hours. Really really enjoyed it. It was a blast to get back into a proper Igavania. Definitely my favorite Kickstarter game! Hope he gets to make more.

Brannon

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fake ending aquired, now to explore the rest of the damn map (like almost 50% more to go).

Also I haven't been wearing the most optimal equipment; there are too many hats and accessories that make me look fly to be all min-maxxing it up. That's what food is for. In fact, every time I start up the game, I make it a point to go to the barber and get my hair did. At some point I got a special scarf and now THAT'S a part of my outfit. Kill a giant demon cat and get Cat Ears? My heart.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
I've just hit that area, very late area spoiler

Den of Bahamut

This is one of the worse location design in a metroidmavia I've ever encounter in a game since a long, long, long time... seriously....

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Two updates in one day! Kickstarter update on technical improvements including chest bug progression fix for Xbox and Switch:

Hello again everyone! Not to be outdone, our amazing production and development teams came through with confirmed updates to share with you regarding progress on bug fixing, DLC and improvements to the Switch, and even bonus info on platform wide improvements! So let's dive right in:

Chest Bug

Xbox One (Status: Fix Incoming)
  • Treasure chest issues have been fixed; after the patch, unique items will be obtainable even on existing playthroughs.
  • The patch for this should be submitted today (Wednesday), and we anticipate public release on Friday or Saturday.
  • The teams are also working on additional improvements and bug fixes.

Playstation 4 (Status—unchanged)
  • The problems causing the bug have been identified, teams are working to identify and implement solutions.
  • No new users affected by this bug, just like before all new games/playthroughs are safe to play.

Nintendo Switch (Status—fix being tested)
  • The fix is currently in test, the submission date we were working toward has been delayed due to a graphical bug that has reemerged.
  • We anticipate testing will be completed by next week, which would mean an ETA of public release during the week of July 15, 2019.
Improvements

Map Improvements
  • Map close button has been remapped to standard exit/close button
  • Marker button has been changed
  • Trail display button has been changed
  • Map scroll speed improved
  • Zoom in and zoom out improved
  • Zoom level retained when reopening the map
  • Auto-center when opening the map
  • Bug fix: No longer displaying enemies for completed quests
Fixed items getting stuck on walls/geometry
  • The functionality of waiting until the item is collected automatically has been left in, in case the issue persists.
Switch-specific Improvements
  • HD Rumble issues in certain areas of the game have been fixed
  • Enabled Traditional Chinese language option
  • Fixed instances where the game would crash while transitioning between rooms
  • Work has been done on the technical "non-visible" side of things to improve input delay, stability, and various optimizations. The teams are continuing to work on these items and we'll have future updates and plans to share soon.
"Iga's Back Pack" DLC

Xbox One (Status—DLC being tested)
  • Testing will happen next week, if completed successfully we will submit and have an updated ETA for release during the week of July 15, 2019.

Playstation 4 (Status—DLC submitted, pending approval and release)
  • We're currently working through some submissions with Sony, and plan to have an update, hopefully for release, next week.

Nintendo Switch (Status—DLC approved, release imminent)
  • The DLC has been approved by Nintendo, we're just taking the final steps to make it go live.

A quick clarification on Backer IDs: Please note that the Backer ID system will not work if you backed at the $28 or $60 tier, because those did not include the Credit Clan reward. The Backer ID/credits system only works if you backed at an eligible $100+ tier. If you do have your name in the credits and are having trouble finding your backer ID, you can find more information in the previous update.

That's it for now, as always please keep your feedback coming, we're all dedicated to Bloodstained for the (very) long term, and the teams at WayForward, ArtPlay and the production teams at 505 are making incredible progress. They're literally working together like some sort of inspirational Star Trek crew, no joke, it's pretty amazing.

For all our fans in the United States, we wish you all a happy July 4th holiday! 'Murica! :D

Roberto Piraino "Angel-Corlux"

Global Brand Manager

505 Games

Source:
Why in the fuck did they assign the place/remove marker function to Circle button on the map screen? In every other menu screen, Circle is used to go back. But oh no, not on this screen. I always end up accidentally adding markers without meaning to. Just one day of observing players playtesting the game should have brought up this very obvious issue. It's crazy how rough around the edges this game is in some aspects.
You're gonna love these patch notes.

Last edited:
Status on upcoming patches | Chest bug: XB1 - incoming, Switch - in testing
OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Kickstarter update for patch status' and IGA DLC

Chest Bug
Xbox One (Status: Fix Incoming)

• Treasure chest issues have been fixed; after the patch, unique items will be obtainable even on existing playthroughs.
  • The patch for this should be submitted today (Wednesday), and we anticipate public release on Friday or Saturday.
  • The teams are also working on additional improvements and bug fixes.
Playstation 4 (Status—unchanged)

• The problems causing the bug have been identified, teams are working to identify and implement solutions.
  • No new users affected by this bug, just like before all new games/playthroughs are safe to play.
Nintendo Switch (Status—fix being tested)

• The fix is currently in test, the submission date we were working toward has been delayed due to a graphical bug that has reemerged.
  • We anticipate testing will be completed by next week, which would mean an ETA of public release during the week of July 15, 2019.
Improvements
Map Improvements

Fixed items getting stuck on walls/geometry

• The functionality of waiting until the item is collected automatically has been left in, in case the issue persists.
Switch-specific Improvements

• HD Rumble issues in certain areas of the game have been fixed
  • Enabled Traditional Chinese language option
  • Fixed instances where the game would crash while transitioning between rooms
  • Work has been done on the technical "non-visible" side of things to improve input delay, stability, and various optimizations. The teams are continuing to work on these items and we'll have future updates and plans to share soon.
"Iga's Back Pack" DLC
Xbox One (Status—DLC being tested)

• Testing will happen next week, if completed successfully we will submit and have an updated ETA for release during the week of July 15, 2019.
Playstation 4 (Status—DLC submitted, pending approval and release)

• We're currently working through some submissions with Sony, and plan to have an update, hopefully for release, next week.
Nintendo Switch (Status—DLC approved, release imminent)

• The DLC has been approved by Nintendo, we're just taking the final steps to make it go live.

Kickstarter rewards chart (with new changes from 7/3)

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New kickstarter update featuring additional rewards for certain backers. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/2554887

More at the link.
I updated the chart I made to reflect the new rewards:
BloodstainedKickstarterRewardsChart.png

Wiseblood

Oct 28, 2017
Map Improvements

Thank fuckin' Christ

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
That feeling of 99.80 map completion. I'll never figure it out. I've even combed over completed maps online and still can't tell lol. Oh well. What a blessed game.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got my PS4 Dynamic Bloodstained theme to load. Angel-Corlux from 505 says the song playing in the background is Holy Wisdom from the ost. He picked the song for it. I gotta say, it sets the mood for an adventure.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Anne, you're the MVP for being there to let me buy items when Dominique fucked off to Final Boss land.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
My wife bought this for me today as a surprise. Any tips I should know before starting? I heard there's a weapon you can unlock with a command or something.

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
2/3rds of the way through, and the game has really filled the Metroidvania void that none of the pretenders - even the fabled Hollow Knight - managed to do.

I'm not even sure what it is that those others fail to get right.

badnewsbeers

Dec 10, 2017
Ontario, Canada
2/3rds of the way through, and the game has really filled the Metroidvania void that none of the pretenders - even the fabled Hollow Knight - managed to do.

So that's interesting, because i just came here to saw the opposite. I am enjoying this, but the combat and movement are.... not smooth. At least on Switch. The controls are loose. I found Hollowknight to be the exact opposite - great lore, great controls, tight movement, solid combat. To each their own!

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finished my 2nd play through on hard. 100% everything. Just miss one achievement which is broken on Xbox right now

Got max out 2271 hp and 1447 Mp with all best stuff in game
Upgraded all my best shard to 9/9 when possible
Just miss my familiar to 99 (just have silver night at this level. Other around 60) but I won't do much for them

Now going for nightmare. Goty so far. 55h In

Need more content. When the dlc will be available ?

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im on Xbox. Can't wait

There is still a glitch on Xbox also beside that achievement issue. Augment gold isn't going in passive shard even maxed out

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So that's interesting, because i just came here to saw the opposite. I am enjoying this, but the combat and movement are.... not smooth. At least on Switch. The controls are loose. I found Hollowknight to be the exact opposite - great lore, great controls, tight movement, solid combat. To each their own!
It's well known at this point that the Switch version plays worse than other versions for two reasons: framerate and input lag. With over 140ms of input lag vs ~40 on other platforms, it's very noticeable and makes the game feel unresponsive in comparison. 505 claimed again in today's update that it's being worked on, so keep your fingers crossed.
Not much at all. I played a bit of SOTN, but only got about two bosses in. I just never got around to finishing it. I loved Hollow Knight and got over 100% completion of that means anything, even though I know that isn't an Igavania.

There are some cheat codes for starting weapons associated with various influencers and such, but they're mostly gimmicks. Gamefaqs has the list: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/158368-bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/cheats

What you need to know is: patch up before you start playing so you can avoid some nasty progression bugs. Also, if you're on Switch, you might want to hold out a couple weeks to see if the upcoming patches do anything to help the performance and input lag issues. Other than that, go crazy and have fun!

Tips for beginners

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Not much at all. I played a bit of SOTN, but only got about two bosses in. I just never got around to finishing it. I loved Hollow Knight and got over 100% completion of that means anything, even though I know that isn't an Igavania.
Ah, cool.

• Well, the first advice I can give is be willing to experiment with shards. There are a ton of them, and depending on your play style, you'll likely find some that work for you as a go-to set. I acquired Heretical Grinder early on, powered it up to near max over the course of play, and it served me well for the entire game.
  • The same goes for weapons. There are a variety of types and they all have their own attributes, but if you find the weapons/weapon types that work for you, feel free to stick with them.
  • Keep Wayfinder stones in your inventory. You can buy them cheap at the shop, and they'll save you in a pinch by warping you back to the safe house. There's also a small sidequest character you'll come across in the castle that needs them.
  • Fast travel points take the form of rooms with stained glass windows. There's one right above the safe house in the village near the game's start. Make sure to jump up there and find it so you can warp back there without using a stone.
  • When you get to the safe house for the first time, you may not realize it, but if you exit it back out to the left, a couple of support NPCs appear in that area. One of them rewards you for item hunts, while the other can raise certain crops you can use in food preparation (I point this out because it was several hours before I actually walked back through that door and saw those characters there).

Stider

Oct 25, 2017
In Australia and finally got my copy. Just making sure, we were only getting the game right now correct? The slipcover and the other bits for the higher tiers come later(backed at $125 tier). Also, I got the US version of the game not the EU version, so that will mean I have to use a US account to get the dlc right?(assuming I get given a US region dlc code not an EU one).

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
It's well known at this point that the Switch version plays worse than other versions for two reasons: framerate and input lag. With over 140ms of input lag vs ~40 on other platforms, it's very noticeable and makes the game feel unresponsive in comparison. 505 claimed again in today's update that it's being worked on, so keep your fingers crossed.

There are some cheat codes for starting weapons associated with various influencers and such, but they're mostly gimmicks. Gamefaqs has the list: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/158368-bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/cheats

What you need to know is: patch up before you start playing so you can avoid some nasty progression bugs. Also, if you're on Switch, you might want to hold out a couple weeks to see if the upcoming patches do anything to help the performance and input lag issues. Other than that, go crazy and have fun!

Thanks! I'm on PS4 Pro.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Threadmarks has them all including a link to pics.

To add, pay attention to the text in the game and when you don't know where to go talk to the NPCs.

Speaking of Hollow Knight, my physical copies came today. :)

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Ah, cool.

• Well, the first advice I can give is be willing to experiment with shards. There are a ton of them, and depending on your play style, you'll likely find some that work for you as a go-to set. I acquired Heretical Grinder early on, powered it up to near max over the course of play, and it served me well for the entire game.
  • The same goes for weapons. There are a variety of types and they all have their own attributes, but if you find the weapons/weapon types that work for you, feel free to stick with them.
  • Keep Wayfinder stones in your inventory. You can buy them cheap at the shop, and they'll save you in a pinch by warping you back to the safe house. There's also a small sidequest character you'll come across in the castle that needs them.
  • Fast travel points take the form of rooms with stained glass windows. There's one right above the safe house in the village near the game's start. Make sure to jump up there and find it so you can warp back there without using a stone.
  • When you get to the safe house for the first time, you may not realize it, but if you exit it back out to the left, a couple of support NPCs appear in that area. One of them rewards you for item hunts, while the other can raise certain crops you can use in food preparation (I point this out because it was several hours before I actually walked back through that door and saw those characters there).

Wow, thank you for all that info. I'm excited to dive in!

Brannon

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, cool.

If you experiment with Street Fighter-type moves with certain weapons, you'll discover special moves that only a couple of that type of weapon can do, like one or two types of shoes can do triple kicks, but no others (can also find books in the game which will tell you which weapons can do what). Take the time to use it until it is mastered, and now ALL of a certain weapon type can do that move, and some of the later weapons have special effects that you'll never see unless you master the technique on another weapon first.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the game, ended up reaching level 60 and didn't really switch from the Grand Izayoki katana. Just got a few more achievements to get.

Really surprised there wasn't an achievement for defeating
OD. Pretty cool that you can run around with all the books rented out

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
PILLAGE MY SHELVES AS YOU PLEASE

Is the odd groucho mask OD wears after defeating him in reference to some kind of vampire mythology, or just zany?

D9uZJ-nWsAASH0P.jpg

Strings

Oct 27, 2017

I think it's the absurd amount of items and spells. You're just... Getting something new every 5 or so minutes, which is nuts.