• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019

Oookay
I'll do a 3 steps hint so you can try discovering by yourself what is off, final one will reveal precisely what you need to do.

You must wield the sword zangetsu gave you in the japanese laboratory, it's the only weapon that can help you in this fight

You must hold your wrath and think about the Curse happening in the background of the game story instead of trying to kill your opponent.

The Moon is the culprit... after diminishing its stronghold on your former friend by fight, the blood moon can be sliced.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oookay
I'll do a 3 steps hint so you can try discovering by yourself what is off, final one will reveal precisely what you need to do.

You must wield the sword zangetsu gave you in the japanese laboratory, it's the only weapon that can help you in this fight

You must hold your wrath and think about the Curse happening in the background of the game story instead of trying to kill your opponent.

The Moon is the culprit... after diminishing its stronghold on your former friend by fight, the blood moon can be sliced.
Thanks, that was kinda neat

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Livre Machina is goddamn serious bullshit. No save or teleport room after you proceed with reflector Ray shard. All the spinny shits and dullhammers. Ran out of all potions and food and died after playing for one hour. I'm gonna take a break from this game for a while.

I mean, that kind of situation is what the waystones are for. You should always have them with you, as they cost nearly nothing. That's a mistake you only make once.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I played the Switch version. I missed nothing other than the second bad ending.
Which is why I prefaced my previous comment about non-Switch platforms at the bottom of the previous page. Telling someone to just do what you said without asking if they're on a non-Switch platform is wrong. Also, Switch players shouldn't do what you said either if they want to experience everything.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit...

I just ran into.

OD, killed him, then visited his library. ALL THE BOOKS?

HOLY SHIT.

I just peed a little.

Does this carry to NG+?

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Holy shit...

I just ran into.

OD, killed him, then visited his library. ALL THE BOOKS?

HOLY SHIT.

I just peed a little.

Does this carry to NG+?

You have already been answered... however all is not lost...
remember the room under OD ? The hole through which you can highjump into OD?
try doing that several times until something happens.

Joei

Feb 3, 2018
Been playing this the past week or so and just did some train section, pretty cool game. I love the variety with weapons and magic abilities and quests and all. Question though, when I'm getting repeats on the shards, is it ok to sell those? Money seems to be a little challenging to come by.

Seriously fun game here, I hope IGA continues to make console Metroidvania games.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Finished this an hour or so ago.

Ending up cheesing the final boss fight by buying around 30 meals before going in 😂

UnsungVagrant

Dec 11, 2017
Been playing this the past week or so and just did some train section, pretty cool game. I love the variety with weapons and magic abilities and quests and all. Question though, when I'm getting repeats on the shards, is it ok to sell those? Money seems to be a little challenging to come by.

Seriously fun game here, I hope IGA continues to make console Metroidvania games.
Copies raise the grade of a shard which basically increases its potency. I wouldn't sell them unless you know for certain that you're not using those shards.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Which is why I prefaced my previous comment about non-Switch platforms at the bottom of the previous page. Telling someone to just do what you said without asking if they're on a non-Switch platform is wrong. Also, Switch players shouldn't do what you said either if they want to experience everything.
And I read their comment as they had already gotten that ending and had no idea how to actually progress beyond the fight.

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
There is no reason to sell shards unless you want money from them. The only reason the game encourages you do so is because
It is huge scheme by Dominique to take them from you

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't figure out why I wasn't digging the
Rhava Velar, and I think it's the sound it makes. It's not as satisfying as the Crissaegrim in SOTN or the Valmanway in HOD.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Where can I find a full move list for the Lili form (Bunnymorphosis)?

So far I have kick, rapid kick, throwing knife and backflip.

What else can they do?

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Just beat the game for the first time. After looking it up I got the worst ending but
Gebel
just kind of appears out of nowhere. Gonna go back to wrap things up. I love how movement feels in this and SOTN. Just traversing through the map is a lot of fun. I'm still not tired of wrecking torches. Livre Machina sucked but it was about as hard as any Castlevania clock towers. Welcome Party upgraded a few times was a lifesaver on that part and all the bosses barely touched me. That and True Arrow are almost TOO good.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
I was having a great time and the difficulty felt just about right, but then I got to the
Oriental Sorcery Lab
and I'm just getting my ass kicked. Even the basic
Ninjas
take a beating before going down, and I've failed repeatedly to beat the
Carpenter Boss
and
Zangetsu

Any tips for weapons, shards, techniques, etc. for this part?

ShinJohnpv

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat the game for the first time. After looking it up I got the worst ending but
Gebel
just kind of appears out of nowhere. Gonna go back to wrap things up. I love how movement feels in this and SOTN. Just traversing through the map is a lot of fun. I'm still not tired of wrecking torches. Livre Machina sucked but it was about as hard as any Castlevania clock towers. Welcome Party upgraded a few times was a lifesaver on that part and all the bosses barely touched me. That and True Arrow are almost TOO good.

You're only like half way through the game.

Beatofficer

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat this on Switch(handheld). The hardest thing about the last boss is the FPS the game runs at during it. Ended the game at 99.1% so I guess I need to find that less than 1% of secret rooms.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
Livre Machina is goddamn serious bullshit. No save or teleport room after you proceed with reflector Ray shard. All the spinny shits and dullhammers. Ran out of all potions and food and died after playing for one hour. I'm gonna take a break from this game for a while.
Man I wish the game had more situations like that, if anything. A little challenge to make you feel a sense of relief when you get to a save room.

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
I was having a great time and the difficulty felt just about right, but then I got to the
Oriental Sorcery Lab
and I'm just getting my ass kicked. Even the basic
Ninjas
take a beating before going down, and I've failed repeatedly to beat the
Carpenter Boss
and
Zangetsu

Any tips for weapons, shards, techniques, etc. for this part?

Don't worry about fighting the
Carpenter Boss.
It is a completely optional fight.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to get orichalcum do these things ever drop?
eternal blue, is this the highest dmg weapon in the game?

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Question: do wall breaks that unveil items (like HP MAX potions etc) count toward 100%? I have 99.90% completion and seemingly have found every secret room. Can't imagine what else it could be at this point but it's driving me crazy...

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to get orichalcum do these things ever drop?
eternal blue, is this the highest dmg weapon in the game?
You probably have to spend some time in the final area to get Orichalcum.

Also maybe if you don't account for DPS but the Rhava Velar is unbeatable for damage output over time.

Question: do wall breaks that unveil items (like HP MAX potions etc) count toward 100%? I have 99.90% completion and seemingly have found every secret room. Can't imagine what else it could be at this point but it's driving me crazy...
Wall breaks do not count. There are also several max up items that are just sitting out there without even requiring a wall break. There's no way to track if you've gotten them all.

balgajo

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there something new on NG+? I was trying to do 100% but there's and get all ability souls to level 9 but there's one that needs a lot of gold. So I'm not that interested on doing it anymore.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Also maybe if you don't account for DPS but the Rhava Velar is unbeatable for damage output over time.

Wall breaks do not count. There are also several max up items that are just sitting out there without even requiring a wall break. There's no way to track if you've gotten them all.
Yea I'm not talking dps but total dmg in a single hit

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Is there something new on NG+? I was trying to do 100% but there's and get all ability souls to level 9 but there's one that needs a lot of gold. So I'm not that interested on doing it anymore.
Acquiring large amounts of any materials, including gold, should become trivial given the Alchemist Bounty shard and enough Alkahest.

You do need a significant amount of gold to seed this operation (since it's required to enhance Alchemist Bounty); I just dismantled a whole bunch of Ayamur swords.

balgajo

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alchemist Bounty was the soul I gave up on becoming an ability due to the amount of gold. But yeah, in general it's getting material is easy currently.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Alchemist Bounty was the soul I gave up on becoming an ability due to the amount of gold. But yeah, in general it's getting material is easy currently.
Gold is easy to get. There's an enemy that drops a weapon that you can disassemble to get gold.

It's the underwater horse enemy and it drops Ayamur. Breaking one down gives you one gold.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Ok I see where I can craft it, it's so weak though this is really the best dps?

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They don't. I was right there with you, at 99.90% and yep I was missing one room. You should post your map.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! What's the best approach for alcahest?
Amy drops Alkahest x2. You can go to the Hidden Desert teleport room and just flip back and forth between the second and third rooms to the left of it to kill three Amy over and over again rapidly. Teps Oceus should one hit kill them no matter where they are when you enter the room.
Ok I see where I can craft it, it's so weak though this is really the best dps?
I mean, what reason do I have to lie about it?

Higher DPS methods exist but not without costing MP.