• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Amy drops Alkahest x2. You can go to the Hidden Desert teleport room and just flip back and forth between the second and third rooms to the left of it to kill three Amy over and over again rapidly. Teps Oceus should one hit kill them no matter where they are when you enter the room.

I mean, what reason do I have to lie about it?

Higher DPS methods exist but not without costing MP.
No reason, just surprised when one weapon has 300 attack and the other has 60, even if it is slower

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Wait, what happens? I'm about to finish my 2nd play through.
You probably noticed
OD has something special after you beat him !
You will help him tremendously...
He has a fake nose-glasses set...
doing what i described will have him drop that item so you can equip it.

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
They don't. I was right there with you, at 99.90% and yep I was missing one room. You should post your map.
Sure, here it is:
0Fq3BDu.jpg

EDIT: think I just found it, woot!

Last edited:

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
I'm about at 35% on the map, and I'm finding the game... boring? It's just, easy.

Every enemy is easy. I just spam my attack and DPS them every time, I never need to learn enemy movement patterns or anything, same is true for bosses. Bring a bunch of potions and stand close and just DPS /heal until you win. This game feels like it has no resistance at all. So that just leaves exploring, which I am enjoying!

But the combat is a major letdown coming from other good games like Dead Cells, Hollow Knight, and Guacamelee.

Maybe I'm just misremembering, are all Igavania games like this? I know Classic Castlevania is definitely not a DPS attack spam type of game, you'll get killed so fast I'd you just stand there and hammer attack.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm about at 35% on the map, and I'm finding the game... boring? It's just, easy.

Every enemy is easy. I just spam my attack and DPS them every time, I never need to learn enemy movement patterns or anything, same is true for bosses. Bring a bunch of potions and stand close and just DPS /heal until you win. This game feels like it has no resistance at all. So that just leaves exploring, which I am enjoying!

But the combat is a major letdown coming from other good games like Dead Cells, Hollow Knight, and Guacamelee.

Maybe I'm just misremembering, are all Igavania games like this? I know Classic Castlevania is definitely not a DPS attack spam type of game, you'll get killed so fast I'd you just stand there and hammer attack.
Yeah only Order Of Ecclesia had much in the way of difficulty. You eventually reach a point where you're OP and the game is more about completing the map/item list/bestiary.
You can try nightmare mode to see if you like that more. It's got the hard mode boss patterns and removes the ability to level up.

PedroRVD

Oct 25, 2017
Ecuador

Symphony of the Night was exactly like this. You can kill even the final boss with spamming and healing.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
100%ed the map. I think I'm going to wait for the Switch patch to start farming stuff to finish the sidequests as loading/unloading areas is something that'll probably trigger a hard crash eventually in the current build. Had two hard crashes trying to farm stuff and lost some progress that way.

Still have Boss Rush 2 to go through, so I'll probably do that tonight.

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Oh yeah I know. There's entire areas I haven't even seen. So I'm guessing I've got some inverted castle shenanigans or the equivalent coming up. When I "finished" I was at something like 44-46 percent.
Well, yes and no. The map percentage is correct, you've only explored less than half the castle. However, there's not an inverted castle the way you think there is. There's only one castle, 100% map completion in the game. By my recollection, you haven't seen... eight areas I think?

Point being, it's not really an ending that you got. There's a reason it's a game over and not roll credits.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was skeptical too, but try it and see.
(It doesn't do a ton of damage, but it does it incredibly fast, so you can lay down tons of damage really quickly.)
I tried it, it's hard to tell how many times it hits in a single hit, do you know how many?

I'm wondering if the multiple hits all together do more dmg than eternal blues 1 hit but it's hard to tell

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I tried it, it's hard to tell how many times it hits in a single hit, do you know how many?

I don't, someone else might. To be honest, once I got it I spent most of the rest of the game just spamming it against bosses and watching a stream of numbers fly off them, and then healing whenever I got low on health.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah only Order Of Ecclesia had much in the way of difficulty. You eventually reach a point where you're OP and the game is more about completing the map/item list/bestiary.
You can try nightmare mode to see if you like that more. It's got the hard mode boss patterns and removes the ability to level up.
... You have to finish the game on Normal first before you can do anything else, right?

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Yea this is why I played on hard instead of normal, but even then the combat isn't as good as hollow knight but there still has been some challenge esp early on, I'm still enjoying it a lot

Oct 31, 2017
What is supposed to be on the switch patch?? I am holding out on buying this on anything but switch but it all depends on what people think of it.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
What is supposed to be on the switch patch?? I am holding out on buying this on anything but switch but it all depends on what people think of it.
performance improvements I hope. I don't mind the frame rate and image quality drop (it's actually more reminiscent of SOTN oddly enough) but the input delay is bad after having played the PS4 version. If you have the option and are OK with losing portability I'd recommend the PC version. If Switch is the only choice then I'd wait for word of mouth on it. If you're good with the visual fidelity drop and haven't played it on anything else yet it's fine. My wife didn't notice the input delay and she only played the Switch version.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019

The first addresses crashes, HDRumble, the chest bug, the slow loading between areas linked up-down (problematic when you miss a jump), the input lag and includes a first set of optimizations as well as the common fixes like map manipulation and the like.

I think performance increase will not be major, they didn't have much time on that one, deeper performance increases will come at a later time, when they have more support from EPIC/nintendo (i feel like they are working alone on the optimization side on switch, i may be wrong though i have no inside information).

Oct 27, 2017

Use weaker weapons, bam, there's your harder game

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone wanted an opportunity to give the Bloodstained team more money? Here's your chance!
Options for those of us that can't view it? I'm curious.

I don't think I'd throw more money at the game for cosmetics. Their current offerings plus the hair stylist really hits all the things I'd want. The new characters' modes will hold me over gameplay wise. Honestly I'm not sure what they could offer that would have me open my wallet again until a sequel.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Anyone wanted an opportunity to give the Bloodstained team more money? Here's your chance!

Thanks for the info... i did not receive a mail update but it's on the kickstarter updates ;p
Did my part, sorry in advance *cough cough*

Options for those of us that can't view it? I'm curious.

I don't think I'd throw more money at the game for cosmetics. Their current offerings plus the hair stylist really hits all the things I'd want. The new characters' modes will hold me over gameplay wise. Honestly I'm not sure what they could offer that would have me open my wallet again until a sequel.

survey said:
Are you: *
Female
Male
Other / Prefer not to say
What age group do you belong to? *
17 or below
18-24
25-35
36-45
46 or above
Did you support the game via crowdfunding? *
Yes
No
Have you purchased Bloodstained? *
Yes
Yes - I backed the game and purchased it again
Yes - I backed the game and plan to purchase again
No - Because I backed the game
No - I don't plan to
No - I plan to purchase it

If you are planning to buy the game, what sale price are you waiting for before purchasing? (Select up to 2 if already purchased and waiting for a sale to buy again) *
10% off - $36
15% off - $34
20% off - $32
25% off - $30
30% off - $28
More than 30% off
I already bought the game and don't plan to buy again.

What platform do you own or plan to own the game on? (select all that apply) *
PC - Steam
PC - GoG
PS4
NSW
XB1

Which cosmetic outfits & themed accessories would you like to see as paid DLC? (Please select up to 16). *
Armored Valkyrie (not the same as the "Valkyrie Dress" already in game)
Fully Corrupted / Cursed (like Gebel or one of the last bosses of the game...)
Demon
Succubus
Vampire (elegant and refined like O.D.)
Nun / Exorcist (like Dominique)
Maid
Angel
Galaxy / stars
Lunar
Japanese-style one piece bathing suit
Bunny & Cat (would match currently in game bunny scarf, ears, boots and cat ears)
3D wireframe
Magical girl / mahou shoujo
Kimono / Traditional Japanese Geisha
Casual clothes
Elemental packs (fire, dark, lightning, etc.)
Samurai
Ninja
Mage
Princess
Chef
"Cute Beast Beret" themed pack
Cowgirl
Paladin
White Mage
Archer
Pirate
Dark Knight
Steampunk
Japanese school outfit
Sci-fi / futiristic
Prehistoric cave woman

Considering the CURRENT plan for how many items will be included, what do you think is a fair price to charge for one pack? (please select one) *
$0.99
$1.99
$2.99
$3.99
$4.99
$5.99
$6.99
$7.99
$8.99
$9.99
What, if any, effect did the marketing for Bloodstained have on your decision to buy the game or get it in the future? (trailers, messaging, etc.) *
No effect - I was always going to get the game
Some effect
Moderate effect - It helped convince me to get the game
Large effect
Huge effect - I would not have purchased the game otherwise
N/A - I did not, and do not plan to buy the game
When you hit your foot on furniture, what is the correct response?
"You miserable little pile of secrets!"
"EEEEEE.....OOOOOOOOOOOO"
"I'm going to kill that furniture dead!"

edit: just received the update mail

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the info... i did not receive a mail update but it's on the kickstarter updates ;p
Did my part, sorry in advance *cough cough*

edit: just received the update mail
Thanks for the info!

Looking through that list nothing really jumps out at me. Maybe the Sci-Fi outfit just for the contrast in styles?

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019

I've honestly been waiting in hopes they would patch things and even up the combat. Way too many things are broken, and do in 2019 I don't think it needs to be this way. They have the Switch I guess using all their time atm. Still hoping for a major balance patch.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Is there anything interesting to do post-game?

IGA boss fight if you were a backer, maybe the optional bosses (behind the keyed doors) if you have not done them already.
If you haven't played on hard, then hard/nightmare NG+ has more boss patterns iirc, but there's nothing locked behind harder difficulties or NG+, so no new story bits or lore expansion.
It's not a service game, so all there is after is wait for the 2 "new" playable characters which will surely bring story extension and the classic castlevania more with the games destroyed and remade as classic linear levels.

(There are boss rushes and speedrun modes as well form the main menu)

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
You probably noticed
OD has something special after you beat him !
You will help him tremendously...
He has a fake nose-glasses set...
doing what i described will have him drop that item so you can equip it.
Haha

Edit: kill that furniture dead is the only option

Last edited:

Evan8192

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
Just got the platinum on this, overall I thought this was a great game, I even had fun grinding out the last trophies. I might do new game + at some point after taking a little break.

Some things that I thought were a little weird...

It seemed like the very first area had a lot of game mechanics that were never used again in the rest of the game, so I thought that was kinda a weird way to start the game. Using your fireball to light the fuse on a cannon, pushing boxes to jump to new areas. It made me think there would be a lot of puzzles like this but then it never happened again. It's probably for the best because I think I would've gotten tired of doing that kinda thing in the late game when I'm trying to zip around as fast as possible.

I also kinda wish there was more of a reason to explore different weapon types. Maybe I didn't give them enough of a chance, but I used the rhava bural/velar for like 98% of the game. Anytime I would switch to a different weapon type it just felt too cumbersome.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused about backer specific content. I backed and elected Switch and Steam.

Fast forward, I barely use my Switch for anything. Is there a way to play the backer stuff on PS4?

RoaringMdog

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
So i l'm trying to wrap this up, but my item list is stuck on 99.83%?

Edit: Turns out i'm missing the last item on the Key Items tab. Can anyone tell me what that is? Final thing i need for the platinum.

Oct 25, 2017
So I finally finished dragon quest XI and started this game on sunday, last night I beat
Alfred in the hidden desert
and this has been one of those games that is exactly what I wanted. Enjoying it immensely

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
Trying to collect all the items. Do the weapons that require 16 and 32 bit coins count as new items? They have the same name when you purchased these weapons with 8 bit coins but the only difference is they are stronger in attack.

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, was farming shards to 9/9 them all.

Went to enhance a ton and the game crashed. Maybe I'll wait a month until the switch patch hits. Luckily, I had saved recently but a future update needs to allow you to enhance a few times/9 times in one go. Like how they add up everything to craft 10 items? Yeah, let me just enhance all 9 times in one go instead of doing it 9 times.