- Oct 27, 2017
Update 98: Development Update: News on Zangetsu, Switch Upgrade, and Backer Rewards · Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Lots to get to today, but with the $100+ tier backer rewards shipping out soon—if you need or want to change your address, now is the time—we thought we'd start by showing you some of the backer rewards up close and personal. We also wanted to show you the Castle Map, which was...
Work on the Nintendo Switch graphical and performance update continues. We apologize for the long development cycle. Most of the changes are on a room-by-room, enemy-by-enemy basis so there are a significant number of assets being reworked and it’s taking more time than initially expected.
We are pleased with the progress that has been made so far and look forward to getting it into your hands. While the teams are working on an extensive list of myriad improvements, their focus is on four principal areas: Visual Fidelity, Loading Times, Particle Effects and Input Lag.
- Visual Fidelity - The way that backgrounds and environments are rendered are being significantly updated. This will result in noticeably sharper environments in most areas throughout the game.
- Loading Times - Load times between scenes are being greatly improved, but are still not where we would like them to be, so work remains.
- Particle Effects - We have already replaced hundreds of particle effects with new assets and more yet remain. The new ones look the same to the user, but are much less impactful on the performance of the game. This has been one of the main culprits for framerate drops during fights.
- Input Lag - Input lag times have been significantly reduced, once work on this is completed the game should feel much more reactive when playing.
The improvements are expected to be released in two separate updates. The first update will contain the vast majority of the improvements. The second update will improve performance with a couple of especially troublesome areas and enemies.
We expect these updates to be launched by the end of November. We will give more specific timeframes when we are closer to release.
After the Switch upgrade is live, there will be a handful of assets/enemies that we want to improve like the Doppleganger enemy for example. These improvements will be part of our regular development cycle and updated when ready.
Xbox 1.006 Update
This update is still planned to go live by the end of September. It will contain:
- IGA’s Backpack DLC
- Balance Update #1: Details Here
- Overlord achievement fix
- HDR Fix
- Localization improvements
- XB1-specific bug fixed
PS4 1.04 Update
We do not have a live date for the PS4 1.04 update. We will provide more info when we are closer to a release date. This update will contain any other bug fixes, improvements we’ve been working on since the last update.
We have taken another pass at improving localization. These updated loc files will be included in the next update for each platform.
As always, we thank everyone for your patience as we work to improve the game across all platforms.
Jason “Question” Ryan
Sr Community manager - 505 Games