• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you convinced?

• Yes

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Child of Light's director tweeted this yesterday:

As far as I'm concerned, this confirms it. For those unaware about the initial tease, the launch trailer for Bloodstained ended with Aurora's theme from Child of Light:

... Oh yeah, also the sequel was written and then not greenlit :(

I was going to make the 'do this to me if old' joke rhyme, but it's hot today and I'm feeling lazy. Soz. Instead you can, uh... Use me as a crossover character 8 years after my (delightful) game comes out if old.

EDIT: Also worth mentioning that the crossover character would come with a friend, and Igniculus is namedropped alongside Aurora here.

EDIT 2: See threadmark.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Strings

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
As to why this - of all things? This is a complete guess, but the pitch artwork for Bloodstained sort of looked like Child of Light:

827e1546856ec3d6fead164e83abbf6f_original.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Maybe Iga played it and it served as an influence?

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
Um, this is ā€¦. So out there? But so awesome.
I will defiantly get whatever this ends up being, and I hasn't played nor really planned to play Bloodstain prior. Child of Light warmed my heart and was a joy to play.

now that Serge is gone, Plourde should pitch the sequel again, Ubi could really use the positive PR and retention these love projects bring so who knows šŸ¤£

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Was going to say, such a "random" crossover definitely means Iga/Crew were probably inspired by the game in some way during the concept phase.

As there's really no other reason they'd add CoL to Bloodstained unless someone on the team was a fan of it. Ubi had no bearing on the game being funded or anything else as far as I know.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
This turn of events is quite bizarre
I read through this thread and went haha

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I absolutely love how almost random this is.

FUCK I didn't know CoL2 was in planning and shelved. T___T

Nov 9, 2017
RĆ©union
Since some people recognized her music in the trailer, I've waited for her to be in the game, not that I particularly wanted to play her, it's just that it was obvious. Maybe now she'll finally be available to play with.

Sep 23, 2018
goddamm I love child of light , played it through on Vita and loved every second of it.
it really lives up to the idea of "every frame a painting", it's that beautiful.
the soundtrack is particularly pleasant.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
So what I'm gathering from this is that I should play CoL. And I guess Valiant Hearts while I'm at it.

So sad that the ubiart games just stopped.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I really liked Child of Light and think it's a real shame it did not become a series or a universe. I went in to that game knowing nothing about it and when the jump button became a fly button I was so smitten. That was a magical gaming moment for me I remember so, so fondly. Remember when Ubisoft was cool and still made smaller, experimental art projects like Child of Light? Sigh.

That said I did not care for Bloodstained at all.

Last edited:

tokkun

Oct 27, 2017
Odd choice. Child of Light is a game I know I played and enjoyed, but I remember pretty much nothing about the characters or story in the game. Even after watching the game's trailer, I still don't remember them.

Daddy JeanPi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Child of Light was very good. I liked it a lot. This crossover is really something tho, very unexpected.

I wonder if we'll get Master Chief in the Gex universe next.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Child of Light was one of the first games I ever played on my PS4 so, even if I don't think abut it much, I have fond memories of it. Such a seemingly random pick, but I'm here for it.