• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Basically what most reasonable people thought. Any COD already in development for PS systems, Sony will get. Then they get cut off after that.

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
Ah yes, thanks Tyler Durden.

1.1M Followers WTF?

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
snoop-dogg-who.gif

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
We knew they signed a 4 year marketing deal in 2019 so we knew they'd get the 2022 and 2023 releases on top of continued support for Warzone and currently released titles. That they'd also get the 2024 title is a bit iffy, but who knows at this point

EDIT: Nevermind it's still limited to 2023 only as they plan to double-release
That's COD2022, COD2023, and Warzone 2 (in 2023)

OP
OP
DeoGame

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
The guy who posted is a notable Bloomberg Terminal poster. He posts the headlines.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
2022, 2023, and next Warzone makes sense and lines up with what everyone thought the existing contract would be.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like CoD 2022, Warzone 2 and CoD 2023.

That includes this year's Call of Duty, expected to be a new entry in the popular Modern Warfare sub-series being developed by Infinity Ward, and the following game, which is in development at Treyarch, both Activision-owned studios. The deal also includes a planned new iteration of Call of Duty Warzone, the lucrative free-to-play game that was released in 2020.

For at least the next two years, Microsoft is committed to releasing Call of Duty on PlayStation, the people said. Neither Sony, nor Activision responded to requests for comment. Microsoft declined to comment.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
So nothing beyond next year is planned for PlayStation. Lines up with what I expected.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
zerohedge is a hugely popular source for finance news. This is legit. I know everybody lives in their own internet bubble with different personal tastes and stuff but I find it wild that this many people here had never heard of zh. then again, I'm biased because of the industry I'm in I guess.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense this and next year due to the deal closing and the following due to contract

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
So Sony has 3 years to make a Banger AAA FPS

This.

Ideally they get into a situation where they have two big new FPS properties and possible a reboot of an older one like Resistance or SOCOM (not a FPS, I know) that they can rotate rather than waiting three years between new 'AAA' instalments.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
So this year's and next year's are locked.

After that who knows. Maybe just keep supporting Warzone 2 as a service title, maybe keep releasing them.

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
Expected given existing deals. Will also give Sony some time to respond if MS does decide to keep Call of Duty exclusive after the contracts are up. Gonna be interesting in a couple years to see what happens.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I think a more accurate title is "PlayStation to still receive CoD throughout 2023".
People this will last 3 years when it really isn't. Closer to 2

BTW, this was what a lot of us have expected. That they would still get CoD for the next 2 years due to existing deals but 2024 is when it gets interesting (I'm betting on Xbox & PC exclusive)

Mad_Rhetoric

Banned
May 7, 2019
And people were SO confidant that MS would never not put CoD on playatation lol, well there you go. They were never going to give sony their new 1P game after the contract expired.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Sony were able to moneyhat a bunch of ActiBlizz games releasing over the next few years. How far in advance do deals like that happen? Like, how likely is it that they had something inked for Diablo 4, Overwatch 2, this new Blizzard game etc that was announced today?

We may not actually see a true Xbox exclusive ActiBlizz game for like 5 years.