• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2017
www.bloomberg.co.jp

スクウェア・エニックスに複数の買い手候補が関心-報道

スクウェア・エニックスに対し、複数の買い手候補が関心を示していると、CTFNが事情に詳しい銀行関係者2人を引用して伝えた。

Brief article:

Several potential buyers have shown interest in Square Enix, CTFN reported, citing two bank officials familiar with the situation.

It is not clear whether the game department is the only one of interest or the company as a whole.

Square Enix's digital entertainment business accounted for 72 percent of total revenue in the fiscal year ended March 31, 2020, according to Bloomberg data.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017

machine translation from Japanese article said:
Several potential buyers have shown interest in Square Enix, CTFN quoted two bankers familiar with the matter.

It is not clear whether the target of interest is only the game department or the entire company.
www.bloomberg.co.jp

国内生保の運用計画、ヘッジ米債へシフトか-15年以来高利回りに妙味

国内の主要な生命保険会社は2021年度の資産運用計画で、為替差損の回避措置(ヘッジ)を講じた米国債への投資を増やす可能性が高い。今年に入ってからの米長期金利の大幅な上昇に伴い、ヘッジ後の利回りが15年以来の高水準となっているためだ。

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
2058577492.jpg

Could go to Sony too. Or someone else LOL

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I definitely wouldn't expect a video game company to be buying them if it ever happens

Nov 5, 2017
MS?!?! I mean they made a killing, an absolute killing during COVID last year...and they could use those pandemic profits to further boost their 1st Party Studios.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I didn't think Square Enix were up for sale, but hopefully it's not one of the first-party companies that end up buying them.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't even know Square Enix was for sale. The cost must be astronomical.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
No major platform holders... no major platform holders... 🤞

or better yet, stay independent!

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Stop with the acquisition of large publishers ffs

wartime

Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
Trading at about 7.5B market cap, premium would put it at ~9-10B maybe.

The article mentions it might only be for the gaming business, so that portion would obviously be less.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
... is SE looking to sell?

Also, please no. Really don't want them to not be their own company. Especially if the buyer ends up being Sony or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.