• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
Special Counsel Robert Mueller is expected to issue findings on core aspects of his Russia probe soon after the November midterm elections as he faces intensifying pressure to produce more indictments or shut down his investigation, according to two U.S. officials.

Specifically, Mueller is close to rendering judgment on two of the most explosive aspects of his inquiry: whether there were clear incidents of collusion between Russia and Donald Trump's 2016 campaign, and whether the president took any actions that constitute obstruction of justice, according to one of the officials, who asked not to be identified speaking about the investigation.
There's no indication, though, that Mueller is ready to close up shop, even if he does make some findings, according to former federal prosecutors. Several matters could keep the probe going, such as another significant prosecution or new lines of inquiry. And because Mueller's investigation has been proceeding quietly, out of the public eye, it's possible there have been other major developments behind the scenes.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...dy-to-deliver-key-findings-in-his-trump-probe

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While I understand the desire to not screw with elections, this sort of seems like vital info for the electorate to make an informed decision.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
A) Whoa.

B) If true, it's probably the worst time. Won't affect mid-terms and the most possible time will pass before 2020.

C) In theory the timing shouldn't matter, so.

D) Let's see what you got.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
He may as well wait.

If the House flips, they'll be the first to review the report next year. Then the Senate, which may still be GoP controlled.

Best to get the House to impeach him, on the record, even if the Senate won't.

It'll wind up being another Bill Clinton moment - House will impeach. Senate will reject.

And nothing will change until MAYBE 2020, if enough of the voters even care. But it gives Dems a HUGE piece of ammo going into 2020.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I am going to be fucking enraged if this is "nope, nothing".

It depends very much what individual expectations are.

If people expect Mueller to crash into the White House and say 'GOTCHA' Jack Bauer style like some seem to, then disappointment probably will await.

I'm very interested and have faith it will provide a lot of fresh information to us

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
It depends very much what individual expectations are.

If people expect Mueller to crash into the White House and say 'GOTCHA' Jack Bauer style like some seem to, then disappointment probably will await.

I'm very interested and have faith it will provide a lot of fresh information to us
I mean, it would be pretty cool if Mueller came crashing through a White House window like Jack Bauer.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I don't expect an Emergency Hug Meme situation, but I also hope it's something of substance.

Im confident of fresh information and a firm establishment of much already rumoured and cited by others.

Here's hoping

I mean, it would be pretty cool if Mueller came crashing through a White House window like Jack Bauer.

Touche.

I'd prefer a slow dawning realisation

latest

RockGun90

Jul 28, 2018
Yeahhh, it's not like he hasn't found anything or charged anyone yet
I mean, it's clearly a witch hunt. List me, say, five or so men who aided Donald Trump in the election that were later convicted of crimes who also suggested they had evidence of Donald Trump's potential crimes and were willing to cut deals in exchange for such evidence and maybe I'll consider thinking something will happen.

But until then, remember the EtcetEra motto: "Nothing will come of this".

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If the midterms don't go well for Democrats, we may not see this report for years, if ever. Mueller reports solely to Congress, not the public. It'll be like handing the report on crimes to the criminals that committed them if the GOP retains control.

In any case, we already know they conspired with the Russians to affect the election from the Trump Tower meeting alone; not even getting into all the back channels with Flynn and Kushner, Trump publicly calling for the hacking, the Seychelles meeting, numerous secret meetings with Kislyak, Carter Page going to Russia, Cohen's goings on there and Trump's Russian business dealings he lied about, and so on and on. It's merely the extent that will be new.

What we already know should be enough in a sane world.

Last edited:

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
So he is either waiting in hopes there is a shift in power after mid-terms or... it is really nothing and he doesn't want to hurt Dems chances to get into power?

Oct 25, 2017
"he faces intensifying pressure to produce more indictments or shut down his investigation"

Does Bloomberg have legit sources or is this Trump-alligned stuff trying to control the narrative?

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand
Kinda absurd, because fact is Trump has been brazenly obstructing the investigation in public with many statement vilifying Mueller

ahoyhoy

Oct 25, 2017
So he is either waiting in hopes there is a shift in power after mid-terms or... it is really nothing and he doesn't want to hurt Dems chances to get into power?

He knows either side will work overtime trying to spin his findings to work to their advantage so rather than try to taint the results of his findings he'd rather wait until after the midterms to give the "losing" side less excuse to delegitimize the results.

I'm personally expecting more smoke but no smoking gun. Enough to bring forth impeachment proceedings for Trump or at least some of his officials but only in a receptive (Democratic) Congress.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A new Congress won't be seated until January. In the meantime, Jeff Sessions is likely to be shit-canned the morning of November 7th and replaced with someone steeped in the gospel of Trump, someone who hasn't recused himself who, weighing the alternative, will stymie or prevent this report from seeing the light of day.

Oct 25, 2017
How can this be coming to a close without Mueller having interviewed the Orangutan himself?
Not expecting much tbh.
At a certain point, this kind of pessimism reflects more ignorantly on the poster than it does "being realistic", especially with how many flips and deals have been cut in addition to the other truckloads of events.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
I know that I'm just paranoid, but I don't even want to think about what will happen if nothing comes of this.

I suggest you start coming to terms with it now. I have zero confidence in this congress or probably even the next one to do shit even if serious crimes are shown plain as day. They just don't fucking care.

P-Switch

Alt Account
Jul 15, 2018
I am going to be fucking enraged if this is "nope, nothing".

The fact the "source" says Mueller plans to keep following leads and building evidence even after he lays out preliminary findings...is a good sign.

It means this is substantial and he wants to make sure the case against Trump and the campaign is thoroughly built to withstand the inevitable backlash and attempts to deny and dismantle.

To say Mueller is being forced to release preliminary findings to prove the worth of the investigation...only to have Mueller come out and say "yea, we pretty much don't have anything"..makes no sense lol

winjet81

Oct 27, 2017
As seen in the bipartisan Kavenaugh fiasco, public confidence in elected officials doing the right thing is completely gone.

Muellers investigations, no matter how damning, aren't going to sway those same types of leaders who let a drunk rapist get on the Supreme Court.

Polaroid_64

Oct 25, 2017
Information about collusion between the Republican nominee (now president) and Russia seems important enough to be out there before people vote for him again.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
And Mueller tells us that Donald Trump is one of the finest and most integral people you will ever meet.

And the world explodes into chaos.

Nov 21, 2017
Best to get the House to impeach him, on the record, even if the Senate won't.

It'll wind up being another Bill Clinton moment - House will impeach. Senate will reject.

Impeachment would only help Trump rally his base for 2020 and make republicans more popular. Save impeachment for actually removing someone from office. A Democratic house would be more than effective at slow rolling the administration with countless investigations (there's so much to investigate!). Then they should focus on winning in 2020 with a strong pro working-class / pro middle-class vision (vs. "I'm not Trump so you gotta vote for me".)

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And Mueller tells us that Donald Trump is one of the finest and most integral people you will ever meet.

And the world explodes into chaos.

There's so much fucking smoke there's no way there cant be any fire but...I don't know, maybe thats whats going to happen and this is the world we fucking live in.

I've kinda given up hope anyway, its just been one long agonizing stream of bad news after bad news.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
As seen in the bipartisan Kavenaugh fiasco, public confidence in elected officials doing the right thing is completely gone.

Muellers investigations, no matter how damning, aren't going to sway those same types of leaders who let a drunk rapist get on the Supreme Court.

The midterms are trending towards having a higher voter turnout than the 2016 elections. I think people are slightly miffed at how the last two years have turned out with R-R-R government.

I'm much more interested to see what comes of the Roger Stone, Butina/Erickson/Dearborn, Erik Prince, and DTJr investigations. I think based on the simple fact that Trump Sr's lawyers won't let him answer written questions about obstruction means that the SC probably has more than enough evidence to push that recommendation to Congress. The conspiracy/collusion angle will depend largely on what info they have on Stone, Flynn, Trump Jr, and Dearborn.

At the very least, the report will eviscerate Devin Nunes' handling of several witnesses, which is why it is technically proper to save it for after the election (to not bias his run against Janz).

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Anecdotally the scum that voted for trump are still on his side and still shit talking abkut Hillary and 2016

Its like we are trapped in a time loop

Mueller wont be our savior but at the very least Im happy he was able to snag so many of Trumps cohorts and russian srussian support... for now

Hopefully more to come even if he cant go after Trump directly

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
You're supposed to wait to not effect elections but info from the investigation could be vital about one of the two parties running in the elections. I understand the logic of having to wait till after but it also seems counterproductive in a Democratic system to keep information hidden for months till after people get to vote.

methane47

Oct 28, 2017
Classic political bullshit.
If you have something now, then release it now!

At the end of the day, mueler is still a republican, and will try to save tribe over country every single time.

Disappointing

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017

At the end of the day, mueler is still a republican, and will try to save tribe over country every single time.

Disappointing

I read it as they are once again hoping for a democratic swing so he would have support from congress to push harder

As it stands now even if he had a smoking gun wouldnt he still need support from Congress to levy anything of consequence?

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mueller's ready to bust down the WH doors and drag Trump our kickoff and screaming.

He'll stop by Congress too to pick up the rest of the trash.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017

Disappointing
This is the dumbest thing I've read on this forum this week. Congratulations, you beat out people defending Rockstar making devs crunch 100 hour weeks.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just hope they get them in the end and time it well that he can't impeach people or his successor can't. I hope his last remains years are hell and drain him of all money and assets.

methane47

Oct 28, 2017
I read it as they are once again hoping for a democratic swing so he would have support from congress to push harder

As it stands now even if he had a smoking gun wouldnt he still need support from Congress to levy anything of consequence?

And what happens if there is no democratic swing? Then the info gets released to an emboldened GOP? What will they do with the Explosive judgments from Meuller?

I say, put it out in the public when its ready, it shouldn't matter when elections are held.