• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
So I have to ask.

Will this upgraded Switch be more powerful than the base PS4?

It's not easy to answer that because it uses drastically different architecture and has certain strengths (CPU) and certain weaknesses (GPU).

But effectively it should be able to run games smoother and with better IQ than the PS4, assuming devs actually take full advantage of the hardware.

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
I hope they bill this as a Switch 2, rather than a Pro. An iterative design that keeps the ecosystem intact while also signifying that the Switch platform is here to stay for a while.

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is XB3 releasing this year a likely scenario? I'd love for it to happen but it seems like Schreier was just guessing.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I expect that leaked exclusive Resident Evil game to come to the Switch Pro.

cucholix

Oct 30, 2017
I'm on the camp no new Switch, it's just Mariko with OLED display for more battery saving, it's just Aula and nothing more.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
Is XB3 releasing this year a likely scenario? I'd love for it to happen but it seems like Schreier was just guessing.

Well, Monolith Software has to have been working on something since Xenoblade 2 release and it seems unlikely it has only been Xenoblade DE.

if this new game (XB 3 or a new IP) releases in December, it will have been 4 years.

Rogue Blue

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man I'm gonna be on this like peanut butter on jelly.

Or chocolate.

I screwed up on the Nvidia cards but like hell am I gonna let this slip by lol.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I need to replace my broken Switch, but I think, at this point, I'll just buy a Lite and wait for the Pro.

zebetite

Oct 25, 2017
Mississauga, ON
this might be ~crazy talk~ but i'm expecting a new Fire Emblem sooner rather than later, too.
  • series has been on a two-year release cadence for a while now
  • Three Houses was 2019
  • it was also largely developed by Koei Tecmo
  • most of the developers behind the 3ds FEs, aside from like literal top-level (director, producers) staff, haven't been credited on a game since Echoes/Heroes
  • if they were able to develop Echoes/Heroes concurrently, i have no reason to assume that upkeep on Heroes' live content has meaningfully impacted their ability to also produce a game in-house
of course, it's possible they were pulling another out-of-left-field game like Codename STEAM or something. in that case: either that is their next announcement, or it got cancelled and they're moving on with their lives. still: expecting something out of IntSys soon.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
this might be ~crazy talk~ but i'm expecting a new Fire Emblem sooner rather than later, too.
  • series has been on a two-year release cadence for a while now
  • Three Houses was 2019
  • it was also largely developed by Koei Tecmo
  • most of the developers behind the 3ds FEs, aside from like literal top-level (director, producers) staff, haven't been credited on a game since Echoes/Heroes
  • if they were able to develop Echoes/Heroes concurrently, i have no reason to assume that upkeep on Heroes' live content has meaningfully impacted their ability to also produce a game in-house
of course, it's possible they were pulling another out-of-left-field game like Codename STEAM or something. in that case: either that is their next announcement, or it got cancelled and they're moving on with their lives. still: expecting something out of IntSys soon.
Yeah, a new Echoes game (FE Remake) is a likely candidate for this year.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Gimme, gimme, gimme a Switch Pro after midnight
Won't somebody help me chase the low res away?
Gimme, gimme, gimme a Switch Pro after midnight
Take me through the aliasing to the break of 4K

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
Isn't it about time for a new Mario game as well?

It'll be be 4 years since Mario Odyssey..and there's been no proper 2D adventure on Switch yet (just Mario Maker 2 & New Super Mario Bros.U Deluxe port).
We've had plenty of ports/slight upgrades, but nothing truly new for a long time.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Alright time to sell the switch before this becomes even more mainstream and it devalues the OG to hell

Mar 3, 2018
I guess this will be 500 here in Canada....

maxresdefault.jpg

I really wonder if RDR2 would possible be on this new Switch.