• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Someone earlier was wondering about income not going up with inflation. In 1995 the median income was $34,000. In 2019 it was about $64,000.

I'd say $600 for a console wouldn't be ridiculous in today's economic landscape.

Last edited:

meenseen84

Feb 15, 2018
Minneapolis
I think $500 for a PS5 is really no big deal considering PS4 will be their moneymaker for a couple of years. Look at hardware sales vs PSN. Also, I think Lockhart will definitely be 300$ or less as Phils has said in the past that he very much wants a price difference between a $500 Xbox One X and a $249 Xbox One S. While he said those things a few years ago, he does like to forecast with some stuff.

Last edited:

MajesticSoup

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
This thing will be $475-500 all day long, people thinking they will stick with last gens price point will be disappointed!. Last gen used out of date mobile based tech, this time round there using more modern desktop based hardware
Correct me if I'm wrong but this gen was an anomaly in that it was the first time consoles(not including wii) launched at close to manufacturing cost. Before that even the 360 lost $200+ per console.

Also, look at the op. Why would dram prices matter if it was meant to launch at $499? The option was never gonna be 499 or 599.
$399 is obviously the 'planned' price.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
This thing will be $475-500 all day long, people thinking they will stick with last gens price point will be disappointed!. Last gen used out of date mobile based tech, this time round there using more modern desktop based hardware

Probably. Most of the shit going in to these consoles are new tech or relatively new and theres only so much of a hit you can take even when you can get the components cheaper because you're buying them in the millions. I would expect thanks to the mid-gen refreshes we've had that its going to take a bit longer than usual for the current hardware to die off. I do expect the base PS4 and Xbox One to go away much sooner and the Pro and One X to be the new baseline.

hubertuss03

Banned
Oct 9, 2018
So this report is true or not? Someone else said something about it?
Is it Sony problem (NAND and Dram shortages) or Microsoft too?

Jun 1, 2018