• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017

Associates of a Ukrainian oligarch fighting extradition to the U.S. were working to dig up dirt on former Vice President Joe Biden last summer in an effort to get Rudy Giuliani's help in the oligarch's legal case, according to three people familiar with the exchanges.

Dmitry Firtash, charged with conspiracy by the U.S. and living in Vienna, shuffled lawyers in July to add Joe diGenova and Victoria Toensing, vocal supporters of President Donald Trump who had worked with Giuliani. Around that time, some of Firtash's associates began to use his broad network of Ukraine contacts to get damaging information on Biden, the people said.

- diGenova and Toensing are frequent legal commentators on Fox News and were at one point supposed to join the Trump legal team during the Mueller investigation but it eventually fell through; Toensing lobbied Trump extensively and ultimately successfully on Fox News for a pardon of her client Scooter Libby
- Firtash is an Ukrainian oligarch with extensive, extensive ties to Russia's elite and Russian intelligence and worked alongside Manafort a decade ago in Ukraine to help elect the pro-Russian president Yanukovych (who had to flee to Russia in 2014 after the Maidan protests)
- Lev Parnas, one of the four indicted Giuliani associates, worked as a translator for Firtash; Parnas and Fruman were heading to Austria, where Firtash lives, before they got arrested last week; Giuliani said previously he had flown to Austria before but not to visit Firtash (which is probably a lie)

TIME's reporting provides more context about Firtash:

tl;dr: Corrupt Ukrainian oligarch is awaiting extradition to the US, paid Giuliani associates $1M to dig up dirt on Biden in hopes Giuliani would get Trump to drop the extradition request (or: quid pro quo)

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna find it extra hilarious if the winds keep blowing the way of GOP Senate fragility and eventual impeachment, that Biden doesn't even end up getting the nomination.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Now I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that's called bribery.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wanna say this is big, but the corruption on display is so apparent and widespread that it's like they're counting on people growing numb to it.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
TrumpWorld is giving me a mental image of a really shit and tacky Disney world. 'The unhappiest place on earth'

OP
OP
chadskin

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
It's going to take a special prosecutor to untangle all of the different efforts to get dirt on Biden in Ukraine at this point. Just an insane level of corruption.

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
Isn't Digenova the person Fucker Tarlson brought onto his Fox "opinion" program specifically to counter the commentary of a guest Shep Smith, a different Fox News host, had said about Trump and Ukraine? No surprise that Pucker Farlson pulled a Hannity and brought on a compromised guest to spin.

Edit: It also caused the feud between Mucker and Shep that led to Shep, a 23 year veteran who had been with Fox from the beginning and regarded as the last of the news men from the network to quit, because Shep wouldn't back down from a fight that he didn't start.

Acinixys

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Man these guys are so fucking dumb

African politics is WAY more corrupt, but at least they aren't so brazenly stupid as their USA counterparts

Oct 27, 2017
Guarantee you Trump has not and will not stopped seeking out external agents and nations willing to attack Democrats for something in return. How many foreign actors are lined up at his waiting ready to attack our democracy? This won't stop with him either. The republicans have gone full traitor. Party over country. Power at any cost.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Think how many rooms and golf memberships he has sold that are probably never used, it's been corruption for years.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Can that Firtrash piece of shit be successfully extradited to the US and face justice? I'm crossing my fingers Italy or whatever can help here.

We need a damn chart on this Ukraine shit. So confusing.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
TrumpWorld is giving me a mental image of a really shit and tacky Disney world. 'The unhappiest place on earth'
He'd never bill it like that!

TrumpWorld: The Whitest Place On Earth

Complete with gigantic golden replica of his fuckin clown dome in the center of the park with golden "TrumpWorld" letters around it in a ring. Time to start training birds to shit on command.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I hate to say it, but I'm starting to wonder if the President of the United states is engaged in corrupt activities.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I remember when people used to say Giuliani is moving chess pieces in 4 dimensions

Like weeks ago

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
So if I'm reading this right there's some quid pro quo within the quid pro quo?

These dudes are helping Guilliani dig up dirt on Biden to get him to help their legal case while Trump/Guilliani are holding up Ukrainian funding in order to get them to dig up dirt on Biden?

Cool cool.

Jun 6, 2019
I'm starting to think that the Mueller probe was run by an incompetent. The levels of corruption in this admin are staggering, and you're trying to tell me Mueller did not catch any whiff of that? Even looking at Manafort and Ukraine connex?

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm starting to think that the Mueller probe was run by an incompetent. The levels of corruption in this admin are staggering, and you're trying to tell me Mueller did not catch any whiff of that? Even looking at Manafort and Ukraine connex?

1) 10 counts of obstruction of justice
2) Report specifically said the obstruction may have worked

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
I still can't figure out what Joe Biden or Hunter Biden supposedly did to stir all this up?

What are Trump and Giuliani trying to expose? That Joe Biden used his VP influence to get favors for Hunter in the Ukraine? Or something else?

And what exactly is the accusation?

I just don't get it. What is the dirt?

Jun 6, 2019
I still can't figure out what Joe Biden or Hunter Biden supposedly did to stir all this up?

What are Trump and Giuliani trying to expose? That Joe Biden used his VP influence to get favors for Hunter in the Ukraine? Or something else?

They believe in a conspiracy that the deep state (aka Hillarybidenobama) was conspiring with Ukraine to fake the Russian meddling in the 2016 election to make Trump look bad. Yes, you read that right.

ImaginaShawn

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

There is no dirt. They are trying to manufacture dirt as a way to muddy Biden's name so Shitbag can win.