• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

US labor board prosecutors determined that Activision Blizzard Inc. illegally threatened staff and enforced a social media policy that conflicts with workers' rights, according to a government spokesperson. Unless the company settles, the National Labor Relations Board's Los Angeles-based regional director will issue a complaint, the agency's press secretary Kayla Blado said Monday.

Activision did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The labor board is slated to count ballots on Monday from an election held among around 21 employees at the company's Raven studio in Wisconsin, which could establish a rare labor foothold in the video game industry.

InResolute

Banned
Jan 21, 2022
Of course they did. Which major corporation doesn't resort to anti-union bullying tactics?

Hope the Raven union vote passes. Let's go!

CabooseMSG

Jun 27, 2020
Glad that they're reporting on this, and glad the board is going after Activision (somewhat). Though based on the board's "rulings" against Amazon, I fear this will be rather toothless.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I am absolutely loving this new NLRB holy shit. They've been so complacent in years past against obvious anti-union stuff where it's emboldened companies to do shit like this and I'm glad they're stepping up.

I hope Activision gets absolutely fucked by all the lawsuits possible, they absolutely deserve it and I hope they burn

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Can we link the article and not Cecilia D'Anastasio on this thread? She's a terrible abusive journalist who has lied and used her vulnerable sources, written articles that weren't accurate that led to her vulnerable sources who she used being harassed. She shouldn't be platformed on this site. Even her colleagues at Kotaku knew she had a reputation for this. She shouldn't be in this field where it enables her access to vulnerable people.